OP
Alexandre

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
Re: Spain's policy on Underwater Cultural Heritage

cornelis 816 said:
Listen Ossy . Pertaining to this thread you called some of us Simple minded . I asked you to name the people you are calling simple minded . Your remark ,, if the shoe fite ,, reflects unto me . Who are the other people you called simple minded ? Be a man and back up your statements . I for one am very insulted by you . Cornelius

C'mon, people.... make peace. If you are going to bash someone, bash me: after all, I am the archie here... :)

OP
OP
Alexandre

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon

mad4wrecks said:
Alexandre, thank you for posting the most recent link. I am sure the Vatican archives hold some wonderful surprises, and are a treasure unto themselves. You are very fortunate to have been allowed access.

It's indeed a treasure. The information on the Spanish Americas is huge!

Mind you: just the index on the almost 14.000 documents relating to the Portuguese half of the world make up 3000 pages of fine print.

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010

No Alex this has nothing to do with you . I am a researcher too and know all about it . My gripe is against Ossy who is calling my friends ( and me ) as simple minded . I expect am appology from him !!!!! Cornelius

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cornelis 816 said:
Listen Ossy . Pertaining to this thread you called some of us Simple minded . I asked you to name the people you are calling simple minded . Your remark ,, if the shoe fite ,, reflects unto me . Who are the other people you called simple minded ? Be a man and back up your statements . I for one am very insulted by you . Cornelius
Cornelius you do some fine research and are very passionate in this field, It was not aimed at you.
Ossy

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010

Ossy . No problem for me since I know who and what I am . But ........how about my friends in this thread ? Cornelius

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY said:
tarpon192 said:
aquanut said:
Alexandre,
Research doesn't have to be a one man operation my friend. The old saying "No man is an Island" comes to mind!
Aquanut
Very well put. I hope he understands - since it is in ENGLISH.
Another crony - thats my 2 bits.
Simple minded People, No wonder SOME treasure hunters get such a bad name.
Ossy

Would you care to identify who the simple minded people are that you are referring to? And while you're at it explain the basis of your conclusion. This forum is for open discussion and help, not name calling. If you disagree with something, state your case but don't make it personal. Since you included my quote, I take it personally. Would you like to confront me personally, I think not. Alexandre and I disagree on many points, yet I still respect his input and opinions, as I hope he respects mine. We have an exchange of ideas and hopefully one day we'll all be able to work together.
Aquanut

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cornelis 816 said:
Ossy . No problem for me since I know who and what I am . But ........how about my friends in this thread ? Cornelius
I don't know who your friends are :dontknow:
But as I said, any treasure hunter that is only interested in selling any object and doesn't care about the history, IS SIMPLE MINDED
Ossy

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

aquanut said:
MORE AND BEYOND OSSY said:
tarpon192 said:
aquanut said:
Alexandre,
Research doesn't have to be a one man operation my friend. The old saying "No man is an Island" comes to mind!
Aquanut
Very well put. I hope he understands - since it is in ENGLISH.
Another crony - thats my 2 bits.
Simple minded People, No wonder SOME treasure hunters get such a bad name.
Ossy

Would you care to identify who the simple minded people are that you are referring to? And while you're at it explain the basis of your conclusion. This forum is for open discussion and help, not name calling. If you disagree with something, state your case but don't make it personal. Since you included my quote, I take it personally. Would you like to confront me personally, I think not. Alexandre and I disagree on many points, yet I still respect his input and opinions, as I hope he respects mine. We have an exchange of ideas and hopefully one day we'll all be able to work together.
Aquanut
:whip2: It was aimed at tarpon 192 :dontknow:
Do you carry a big gun aquanut ;D
Ossy

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

I have one that I don't need for you my friend.

OP
OP
Alexandre

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon

aquanut said:
Alexandre,
Unlike you, I prefer delegating historical research and performing the underwater research myself. There are good people available for historical research either willing to help, out of friendship, or those that would care to share their efforts for a share in the adventure. I also understand that simply being fluent in the spanish language is not the same as correctly deciphering the archaeic spanish in the archives. Misinterpretations come easily, as Mel Fisher found out the hard way.
Aquanut

They do. I also believe that no armchair historian can have the same enthusiasm or the same concern that the research is as accurate and as much complete as possible of an operational. I, being a sailor and a diver, sometimes spot stuff that might be crucial to solve a wreck's location, something that for the armchair historian was a triffle.

Besides Robert Sténuit and Claudio Bonifacio, there is hardly a researcher that I would trust... ;)

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010

Now , lets all close this subject . One thing I have to say about this thread is that we should be carefull about our language . Cornelius

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

This thread is boring. Let's start a new one about treasure hunting!
Aquanut

treshuntintom

May 24, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Atta boy John!!!!Welcome back Dell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions