MARINE ARCHAEOLOGIST ROBERT MARX WILL DISCUSS HIS VOYAGE OF THE NINA
Tue. Oct. 3rd Start: 7:00 PM
End: 8:30 PM

Presenter:
Cocoa Beach Public Library
Brevard County Libraries
550 N. Brevard Ave., Cocoa Beach, FL
Phone: 868-1104

Marx will discuss following in Columbus' footsteps aboard a replica of the Nina.

Free of Charge

Tuesday, October 10, 7:00pm- ILLUSTRATED LECTURE with ROBERT MARX

In the seventeenth century, Port Royal was a city of vast wealth, considered the “richest and wickedest city in the world”. It was a haven for buccaneers and places of ill repute. Port Royal became a legend after an earthquake destroyed the city in 1692 and the ruins lay underwater until renowned diver and underwater archaeologist Robert Marx led an excavation team to uncover the city’s secrets. Blending real-life adventure, colorful history, and the thrill of discovery, Marx will present the fascinating account of one of the most important marine archaeologist expeditions ever undertaken. Admission to the lecture is free and no reservations are necessary.

Brevard Museum of Art and Science
1463 Highland Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32935
321-242-0737

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tom, sounds like a good one. I will see ya there for both the third and the tenth.

Tom

OP
OP
M

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have heard Bob's Nina presentation before, so I will not be there tonight. (that is where I 1st met Bob 15 years ago-at his talk at the Cocoa Beach library)

However, I will be there on the 10th for the Port Royal/Pirates presentation. Should be fun.

Tom

Attachments

• marxthepirate.jpg
    marxthepirate.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 458

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to Bob's lecture on the Nina the other night, and saw a few folks from Ray's lecture there also. This is one funny and interesting character. I have heard a few negative comments about Bob Marx over the years and was not really sure what to expect, but this man has walked the walk and can talk the talk. After hearing him speak for about an hour and a half, I did not want him to end his lecture. For those of you that have not had the opportunity to listen to Bob Marx speak about his many adventures (and I do mean many), all I can say is that if you have the chance to attend, do not pass it by.
I am looking forward to his lecture on his Port Royal expedition on the 10th, and encourage all of you that are close to Melbourne Florida to attend. You will be glad that you did!

See you there!

Tom

Attachments

• DSC01561.JPG
    DSC01561.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 427

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
hi all,
thought a reminder was due tomorrows the 10th,as fisheye reminded me today, if things work out i am planing on attending, i would like to say hi to everybody there from treasurenet, don't know if i should have a nametag or a doorag :D ;D :)

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Let me see. I don't think I will have any problem in people IDing me since I will be the one in the wheelchair ::) ;D being pushed by my lovely wife CINDEE ;D.
This will be a good chance to meet some of you THers.
See everyone there.
Later
Don "PEG LEG" Webb

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I really enjoyed last night lecture by Bob Marx and meeting SEAHUNTER, WRECKDIVER1715 and RIOBRAVO.
The room was packed from wall to wall.
It was very entertaining and I learned a lot about the 7 Port Royals.
Peg Leg

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes! PegLeg, It was a pleasure finally meeting you and your wife also. I saw Seahunter, and have not yet had the pleasure of meeting him yet as he was a man on a mission last night. I did finally get to meet Gdaddyflex, and his wife and daughter last night. I don't very often find myself looking up at some one during a conversation, but Tom is one tall dude. Also got to meet Tim, and got to see Ray and RioBravo again last night. It was good to see this kind of participation from TreasureNet members at an event like this.
The place was indeed packed last night with at least a couple hundred people showing up to hear Bob Marx speak. Bob is a very dynamic speaker, and it's always a joy to listen to his lectures.

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Dang...!!!! When and where will the next lecture be? Are they always in Fla?

Thanks,
Cavers5

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody take a videocam and do a live web broadcast. Got to better than Deal or no deal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread