Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They'll arrest you for that in the Great State of Texas.

Some years ago, as I recall, they suckered a guy into magging for wrecks off the coast of Padre Island, and when he moved in to salvage, the State archies shut him down. Sucka .....!

Don't get caught with a MD on Padre Island; they used to patrol it with helicopters even.

Celebrate your Freedom!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
its illegal to water hunt in texas thanks to their "rules" -- do not collect $200 instead go directly to jail and lose all equiptment --note if the " illegal stuff" is found in your car / boat , you risk losing that too --as a mode of transport for "stolen / illegal goods" it can be forfieted too. :tongue3: you were warned .

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Want to read the sad story of Max Znika, Paul Znika and Billy Kennon ?

http://books.google.com/books?id=yN...onepage&q=znika padre island treasure&f=false

The Lone Star State has become the land of the water nazis, rivaling Florida for obfuscation of legal tenets, obstruction of free enterprise, and outright theft under 'color of badge'.

The Alcalde article is only a small part of a one-sided story.

Don't go to Texas. Spend your money elsewhere.

North Korea... who do you think you're kidding?

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ahh, the great state of Texas...I used to live there until I decided to hunt for shipwrecks.

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
ScubaFinder said:
Ahh, the great state of Texas...I used to live there until I decided to hunt for shipwrecks.

ah.. texas... an awful flat piece of land. I remember we drove all the way from college station to corpus christi without hitting a single bump on the scenery.

and hated that freezing, winter rain.

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Alexandre . I have been following you for some time now and I must say that I do not like your way of expressing yourself . You think you are Gods gift to archaeology . I think your ego is inflated to the point it will explode one of these days . You may call me anything you think you may throw at me now but remember one thing you do not own this forum . And ........ if you do not like Texas , just stay away from it . Just play around in the Algarve . Cornelius ( sorry but somebody had to say this . )

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
Just stating a fact: at least that part of Texas is flat. And when it rains and its darn cold, it freezes and you slip on the side walk.

Loved Vermont, though. But you're right - I am wasting my time and my ego here on this forum.

Teredo Navalis

Oct 22, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cornelis,
You are so far off the mark, I must stand up for Alexandre. I have often, if not consistently, been on the opposite side of his point of view, but I is extremely valuable to hear his point of view in my opinion. This a forum to exchange thought from all prospectives on these topics and he is clearly knowledgeable.
For the record, everything he said about Texas is true. It's a big state and you can drive for hours and see the same thing. Why don't you save your personal criticisms of individuals and keep them to yourself, and stick to the topic.

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can hunt on the beaches and the shore line north and south of the national seashore... The green shaded are is a national park and you will get in trouble hunting there... I have hunted north of it and was told you can south of it.... now as far as diving on wrecks... I don't know about that but the shore and beaches are available.

but I'd still make sure... you can't take what anyone says on a forum as the 100% truth... its just going to get you headed in the right direction.

Chukers

Attachments

• padre.jpg
    padre.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,679

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You can also rent a 4x4 vehicle in South Padre and head a bunch of miles over sand to the south shore of the Mansfield Cut. They dug up a little treasure when digging the channel there, and there are some decent indian artifacts out there too. Kinda spooky way out there, but worth the trip. I had a thread about that trip a long time ago I think.

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ScubaFinder said:
You can also rent a 4x4 vehicle in South Padre and head a bunch of miles over sand to the south shore of the Mansfield Cut. They dug up a little treasure when digging the channel there, and there are some decent indian artifacts out there too. Kinda spooky way out there, but worth the trip. I had a thread about that trip a long time ago I think.

could you find that story? I'd like to read it...

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cornelis 816 said:
Alexandre . I have been following you for some time now and I must say that I do not like your way of expressing yourself . You think you are Gods gift to archaeology . I think your ego is inflated to the point it will explode one of these days . You may call me anything you think you may throw at me now but remember one thing you do not own this forum . And ........ if you do not like Texas , just stay away from it . Just play around in the Algarve . Cornelius ( sorry but somebody had to say this . )

C.mon, Cornelius. Read what you said. "..I must say that I do not like your way of expressing yourself ."

Really.

Pick a fight over something worthwhile.

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Bum Luck . It is just my opinion . I have the right to express myelf is it not ? You may have a different opinion . You are entiteled to that but I am entiteled to mine . Don't make a big issue out of it . We all do not think alike . I do not agree with the way Alexandre is expressing himself . You obviously do agree with him . So be it and drop this subject now . Cornelius

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread