Which metal detector to use?

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I've used all three.... I would use an Aquapulse (I know that wasn't one of your choices) for diving and the Excal for beach and shallows. The Aquapulse is by far the best for diving though.

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aquapulse ( www.aquascan.co.uk )

Have used them for about 25 years.

One of the few metal detectors that are designed specifically for the job (shipwreck), rather than being surface detectors being marinised for use underwater.

I would buy a AQ.3.040 30cm probe as well as the standard 22cm/10" coil option (coil for sandy areas, but better to use the probe on rocky or boulder areas) You seldom need a longer or jet probe and the bigger coils are a pain underwater so just get two suggested for all round general use.

Buy a cheaper land detector for beach use.

The fishers and many other professional operations have used Aquapulse for years and they only do that for two reasons
1. They work the best
2. They are reliable

You might need to get them to fit a Archaeologist button that tells you it is there, but prevents you digging it up !
;D

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have used the Aqua Pulse and the JW Fishers, both very good the aqua pulse is better in the water but not so good on land
and it picks up objects deeper than the JW fishers
The service on both units are very good
Bobby
www.arsdr.com

trsrseeker

May 10, 2011
FL / NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field, Excaliber 11, Sovereign, CTX 3030
Alexandre it really depends on the specific purpose for the machine and the environment in which you will be using it: in the water, out the water, how deep, what do you want to find, what else will be in the area you are using the machine that you do or do not want to find etc. Give us more specifics and we will give you advice based on our individual experiences.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread