$3B WWII Shipwreck Located in Boston Harbors Back Yard

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
Re: $3B WWII Shipwreck Located in Boston Harbor's Back Yard

Michaud also claimed he had found evidence that a Nazi sub, U-233, had sunk in Casco Bay, Maine. That was never validated, either.

"It is not in Casco Bay," said Harry Cooper, president of Sharkhunters, a Florida website on U-boat history with 7,600 members, including former U-2 captains and crew. German and U.S. naval records show the sub sank 1,000 miles to the east of where Sub Sea claimed it was located, Cooper said. And there was no credence to Michaud's story of a sunken German sub off Chatham, either, he said.

Michaud replies to such criticism by saying, "I know what I do and the research I have."

This is a great example about credibility. The U-233 was a minelaying sub which was sunk after being rammed by the USS Thomas. The log books from the USS Thomas, USS Baker, and the official survivor interrogation report list the sinking location as 42.16.5 N. – 59.49 W.

That would be approximately 240 miles south east of Nova Scotia in the North Atlantic.
The only thing special about her was that she carried a new type of mine called a pressure differential mine. Something that would be great to have in a museum.

OP
OP
Alexandre

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon

tridentresearch said:
In a few cases when a particular reporter was refused access to information they would commonly assume many wrong facts and report thusly. I am sure that I and Sub Sea are not alone in such problems.
Best;
TR

So, TR, now that you are here and no reporters are around, do tell us: how many shipwrecks has SSR really discovered and salvaged?

Just facts, please.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Alexandre, your agenda jumps every time an explanation is given. First, you consistently post opinions from blogs and yell "scam." When the scam accusation is responded to with research, you attack the researcher and sources. When the researcher explains his position, you call his colleagues a liar. When that is explained, you jump to inaccurate media reports...and on and on it goes. You never admit you may have misunderstood and ask questions with a genuine desire to learn.

Your agenda is as clear as the gunslinger of the old west. Keep shooting and keep em running - regardless of their responses to you. In internet terminology, it's called a troll. Gunslingers and trolls don't have long lifespans. You reap what you sow.

Jones Indiana

Dec 24, 2010

He is trained as a scientist to start with doubt and skepticism and move the matter along to a conclusion.

I think Alex is not attacking anyone personally but holding a higher standard. Why do we aim for perfection? The highest standard produces the highest results.

I would have searched the Russian archives in this matter. I feel a little bit of knowledge can be very very dangerous. I don't buy anything until i talk to experts and do my own research. Something made them push into a recovery effort. More than faith it seems. Then again I'm not seeing the whole picture. I don't know what they have or don't have. Money is involved which changes the whole dam game.

We have documents claiming something extraordinary. Now we need an investigation to disproof or proof these extraordinary claims.

Extraordinary claims require proof extraordinary proof.

Either this will be a comedy or a tragedy:)

Best

Indy

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jones Indiana said:
He is trained as a scientist to start with doubt and skepticism and move the matter along to a conclusion.

I think Alex is not attacking anyone personally but holding a higher standard. Why do we aim for perfection? The highest standard produces the highest results.

I would have searched the Russian archives in this matter. I feel a little bit of knowledge can be very very dangerous. I don't buy anything until i talk to experts. Something made them push into a recovery effort. More than faith it seems. Then again I'm not seeing the whole picture. I don't know what they have or don't have. Money is involved which changes the whole dam game.

We have documents claiming something extraordinary. Now we need an investigation to disproof or proof these extraordinary claims.

Extraordinary claims require proof extraordinary proof.

Either this will be a comedy or a tragedy:)

Best

Indy
your a cool dude Indy :thumbsup:
Ossy

Jones Indiana

Dec 24, 2010

Thanks. Your not bad yourself Ossy:)

Best

Indy

OP
OP
Alexandre

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon

Darren in NC said:
Alexandre, your agenda jumps every time an explanation is given. First, you consistently post opinions from blogs and yell "scam." When the scam accusation is responded to with research, you attack the researcher and sources. When the researcher explains his position, you call his colleagues a liar. When that is explained, you jump to inaccurate media reports...and on and on it goes. You never admit you may have misunderstood and ask questions with a genuine desire to learn.

Your agenda is as clear as the gunslinger of the old west. Keep shooting and keep em running - regardless of their responses to you. In internet terminology, it's called a troll. Gunslingers and trolls don't have long lifespans. You reap what you sow.

Fact is, Darren, these guys have yelled wolf three times in a row - and there's no wolf.

On my book there are 2 kinds of TH: those that deliver bull, and those that deliver wrecks. Odyssey delivers wrecks. SSR looks like it delivers Press Releases..

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Alexandre said:
tridentresearch said:
In a few cases when a particular reporter was refused access to information they would commonly assume many wrong facts and report thusly. I am sure that I and Sub Sea are not alone in such problems.
Best;
TR

So, TR, now that you are here and no reporters are around, do tell us: how many shipwrecks has SSR really discovered and salvaged?

Just facts, please.
Would love to hear your side, TR
Ossy

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Gentlemen, I apologize. I hated the bickering on the Odyssey threads when only time would tell the outcome. I felt all the speculation and attacks were juvenile. Just let the outcome speak for itself. And so it did.

And now I admit my own hypocrisy. I am doing the same thing. I guess I reacted to the attacks of my friend, but should have just remained silent. Again, I will get quiet and let time speak for itself.

I do not apologize, however, for the rant on duplicate postings. :wink:

All the best to you in your ventures,
Darren

Devonshire

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am from Maine. I know Greg Brooks. I know his crew. He is well respected in Maine and he is honest. If you choose not to believe him that is your problem. There are more conspiracy theorists in this world now days than credible trustworthy people, where your word is your bond and your handshake is your contract. Now every one is out to get what they can from every one else and degrade everyone else.
So Alexandre what makes you better than Greg Brooks?

Apr 21, 2014
Boston
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Planting Fake Gold & Fraud Investigation

Hello Gentlemen,

Have you been following news accounts from New England over the past several months regarding the status of the S.S. Port Nicholson
salvage efforts?

Alleged 71.2 tons of platinum and 10 tons of gold bullion as well as several million carrots of gem quality diamonds supposedly send in a single shipment aboard an un-armed, antiquated tramp steamer at the height of the German u-boat offensive during WWII, and no sovereign nation claims any knowledge nor ownership rights to what would be the greatest treasure ever lost at sea.

Apparently, the principles have since admitted in sworn depositions to having made up some information about the treasure. Allegations of obvious alterations to prior cargo manifests, inserting the words BULLION and adding those documents to a subsequent manifest for her last voyage.

Now, a crewman has come forward with a plot to place a fake gold bar aboard the wreck to orchestrate a video of an ROV recovery of same, for the purpose of enticing investors. Now the Maine State Securities Office has started an investigation asking investors to contact them.

This is the same group that dropped their attempt to recovery another alleged multi-billion dollar wreck of the so-called Norte Dame de le Deliverance off Florida about ten years ago.

According to a Portland Maine WCSH channel 6 news segment last October entitled "Sea Hunter's Claims Challenged-video" they have made a dozen or more shipwreck treasure claims for which they have claimed over twelve ($12,000,000,000.00+) BILLION dollars in treasure, of which they have actually admitted to having recovered "a few coins."

Has anyone here invested with, of know any of these individuals?

Regards,

Paul

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to Treasurenet!
I have been following that circus for quite some time, but have not invested a nickel with them.

While you are awaiting a reply from those who know, here are some old threads concerning this for you to peruse:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/s...-other-3-billion-dollar-wreck-they-found.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/shipwrecks/132770-port-nicholson-platinum-diamonds.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/s...ish-shipwreck-holds-2-6-billion-treasure.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/shipwrecks/23211-ww-ii-bullion-ships.html

Jones Indiana

Dec 24, 2010
Really interesting how this has played out...........

Gorham treasure hunter may lose salvage rights to Cape Cod shipwreck - The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

Edward Michaud came on this thread and his research wasn't adding up back then. No back to back research like the Soviet Archives.

Red flags for me where going off on this way before Brooks went with the Nicholas. He was obsessed with platinum in the ocean and sure enough his greed was played.

So $8 million pissed away on thieves and their scams, instead of someone that has the right stuff.

Alex sure came out on top. Unlike some other people around here in the industry. Forget the part where posters here where calling him a troll yet at the same time cheerleading for Brooks:)

Amazing.......

Last edited:

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Really interesting how this has played out...........
Alex sure came out on top. Unlike some other people around here in the industry. Forget the part where posters here where calling him a troll...

I was the one calling him a troll, and yes, I still think he is in the way he responded. You can be right, and still be an a$$. However, I will humbly admit that he was right in this case. His skepticism was spot on.

...yet at the same time cheerleading for Brooks:)

As stated before in this thread, I wouldn't have invested with Brooks simply because of an experience I had with him and an investor I brought to the table. However, for the sake of the industry being riddled with crooks and schemes, I did hope that SSR would find something. For the sake of all of us, it's too bad my optimism was dashed. Yet another blight on our small constituency of shipwreck hunters who try to do it right. Sad.

Whitt

Feb 7, 2013
Maine Treasure Hunter Abandons Cape Cod Shipwreck Salvage
MAR 11, 20158:14 AM EDT
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
ASSOCIATED PRESS, NEWS, REGIONAL NEWS
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — A Maine treasure hunter’s six-year effort to salvage an estimated $3 billion in platinum from a World War II shipwreck off Cape Cod appears to have ended.

The Portland Press Herald reports that in a brief filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court, a lawyer for Greg Brooks’ company, Sea Hunters, said that although it “very much wishes to proceed with its salvage project, it acknowledges that at present it lacks the resources to do so.”

Brooks and his crew spent numerous seasons at the site of the S.S. Port Nicholson wreck about 50 miles off Cape Cod, but never recovered anything of value. The Port Nicholson was sunk by a Nazi U-boat in 1942.

Brooks and a longtime researcher are the subjects of criminal investigations but neither has been charged.

___

Information from: Portland Press Herald,

Share this:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread