Looking for information on ship wrecks

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Black Duck said:
Have been doing research on all shipswrecks from 1500-1650 from 1650-1800 and from 1800-1990, any help would be greatly appreciated
All areas
Thank you
Bobby

Black Duck, I know you said all areas, but could you be more specific ? Bahamas, DR, Central America, South America etc... otherwise I think we can only point you towards books that cover treasure wrecks around the world. :icon_pirat:

saltydog1733

Feb 11, 2009
Your question is pretty unspecific.

So you are looking for information on any shipwreck in the world from 1500-1990?

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
aquanut said:
Black,
Why is it that I get a bad feeling about you?
Aquanut

John, I've met Bobby a few times. He's one of the good guys in my book. He plays by the book and doesn't go off half cocked saying he found something that he didn't. I think you're going to be hearing a lot more about some nice wrecks being found this year, with pictures to prove his finds.
:icon_pirat:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the coast guard awhois list

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
I can say I know Bobby very well. I have been working with him for almost two years and I had known him before when we made friends. Bobby is one of the very few absolutely straight men in all the meanings ,I have met in my life. I can confirm 100% every word what "old man" stated in his previous post about him. Before Bobby started to determine which spot from his lease area would be best to start, he had spent hundreds of hours researching. I know, I was helping him. He bought all the volumes of Chaunu books, he was looking for every possible hint, just to be sure. He is well prepared person for this kind of enterprise. As a professional diver he knew what it was all about technically and before he even asked for lease, he equiped fully his diving base with everything from ROVs, underwater scooters till full set of different UW metal detctors, different tyes of mags, smaller boats and 96 foot reserach ship.

What Bobby probably wanted to say in his post was, that he was looking for any information of old ships going out or in Hispaniola island. Everybody in this business knows that Bobby Pritchett has got lease for good part of never ever before explored ocean area in Dominican coastal waters.

All the best,
Lobo (Bobadilla)

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bobby believes in fairy tales too :blob7:

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for the link. You are right that not everything in Chaunu books is right, but at least it can give you orientation and basic direction of your search. Local archives in the Dominican Republic are mess and disaster without any order or system, I have been digging through them for years. Good source proved to be also books from monasteries and churches, if they still axist, like, for example, mass for drawn people from a shipwreck. Military archives from old forts can also sometimes contain valuable piece of information.

Fisheye,
Do you know Bobby Pritchett personally?

Regards,
Lobo

OP
OP
B

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks everyone for your input good or bad, I like to do research on all ship wrecks, just what I like, we have plenty of ships we have found, its not about that, I just like information

thanks for your time guys

Bobby

OP
OP
B

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi Alexandre
I have that one and many others like it just wanted to see what may be new out there that I have not sean

When I have spare time I just like to find new stuff and read about it, thanks for the help you always seam to bring positive energy to this site

Thanks again

Bobby

Teredo Navalis

Oct 22, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BlackDuck,
Don't let Aquanut and Cornellius scare you. They rough everyone up when you first come on the site. They are actually very knowledgeable and rescue injured sea creatures in there spare time.
You may want to start generally with reading Bob Marx, The Worlds Richest Wrecks or The Spanish Treasure Fleets by R. Watson.

OP
OP
B

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks guys for the help

I know Bob personally