Bahamas Information

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
And again with the annual inquiry...I keep hearing rumors, I keep hearing stories, I'd love to see some official Bahamian government official talk about this in public. Apparently doors are hard to open in Nassau...because the meetings all are behind tightly closed ones...
We can gear up and suit up in about 90 days...Send me in, Coach!

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typical example of why you should check the original post date, I read 2 pages before I realized the post was 6yrs old:tongue3:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some info here on how corrupt bahamian officials are in the bahamas.All they want is YOUR money.https://bahamasfraud.com/

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appears that "Galleon Quest" has changed their tune quite a bit lately.

I see little mention of the recovery in the Bahamas, the Museum in the Bahamas, meant to keep any artefacts recovered in the Bahamas, in the Bahamas. Still hocking their 'bitcoins' with a different valuation scheme.

Claudio is not longer listed as part of the team.

They do say this on their website "August 2018 Second operational site project for shipwrech Bahamas"
also, these tidbits...
June 2018: Survey and search operations on existing site from Florida East Coast, up to $1,000,000 for 20% of site recovery
June/July 2018: Full operation for salavage and search at first sites Carolinas
May 2018: First salavage and survey diving to be conducted, first recovery projected.
March 2018: First multiple shipwrech site agreement for Carolinas, for $1.5 for 50% of artifacts and treasure.

Looks like they are busy salavaging shipwrechs :BangHead:

Are they resurrecting the Intersal sites?

They lost me on these insane valuations.
Atocha Motherlode $900 million (The Mel Fisher Wreck)
Treasure of the S.S. Republic $120-180 million
Antikythera Treasures $120-160 million
The Black Swan Project $500 million

https://www.galleonquest.io/#difference

Last edited:

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I don't know much about bitcoin or blockchain and feel pretty confident that this, too, shall pass like a bad case of intestinal distress, but I will say that Galleon Quest's website designer is pretty good.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You purchase a coin, that is tied to the value of the recovery. As an example, for a shipwreck, they sell 100,000 coins. The value of each coin goes up with the value of the shipwreck. Really no different than buying a share, except the coins are electronic, and can be bought/sold on the market.

They tried the blockchain on the artefacts from the Bahamas. The blockchain is simply sharing the database over the 100,000 users. It is not stored anywhere specific, but stored real time on all 100,000 computers. The theory was to share the archaeological data and let 100,000 access it as a "living document", rather than locked in one place by a few. The 'block' reconciles itself every 10 minutes, so each transaction or update keeps everyone with the same information.
Think of a document you search on the internet. You download it. it is now fixed on your machine. If the document is updated online, you must download it again, or you will always have the fixed document that you downloaded.
With blockchain, it is stored on all the machines in the network, so if someone updates it, it is updated realtime everywhere.

When you are part of a blockchain, it is using part of your computers storage and system as part of a collective network of computing power. No problem could arise from that?!

but I will say that Galleon Quest's website designer is pretty good.

all that, yet no spell check!

Last edited:

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Just looking through the Bahamas Tribune and found this bit:
PM embarking on treasure 'Odyssey' | The Tribune
Looks like Odyssey is in line. TV coverage really helps with that name recognition thing.

8-) I hope they issue permits to all applicants.

Acceptance of applications is simple: Be close to a billionaire and thus you ca n prove you have enough disposable capital to receive a salvage permit from the Bahamas.... What's New??? Nothing....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread