Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It looks like the National Parks are mostly on land.

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
How ever as I told Jason I will keep my research as an A's under my sleeve...because I know that at some point it will be very valuable information for someone......

All the best,

Chagy......

Maybe the Arrg Group can saddle back up again.. And use that information yourselfs (that be sweet)

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks for posting that Trembull, good times remembered. :-) I hate the shot of me with the cigarette though, I quit smoking 9 months ago. I wish that show would have gotten off the ground...I tried sooooo hard.

Jason

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks Trembull, in deed good memories!!!!....It would have been a good reality show...More interesting than Gold Rush that's for sure....

I am always in touch with most of the ARRG members and some of us are working together right now trying to make it happen....Lets see how everything turns out...

Chagy....

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I didn't make it for the shooting that day, but I thought Jason did a great job of putting the project together. We were told that we didn't have enough drama and boobs, so no one would be interested. What say ye folks?

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Most of us ARRG members are still working various projects. Personally, I find it more productive nowadays to keep things quiet.

Tom

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ahhh the ARRG boys emerging!!!!! Tom you are absolutely right....... 10268HD1.jpg

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw quite a few 'boobs' in the video...but who wants to see man boobs! ???
You guys need to check the 'business model' for reality shows.....
Check out Myth Busters,
I am sure that you guys can find more than a few bikini clad 'helpers'...:hello2:

Just think about it....
ps. they arent watching to see the treasure as much as you think!

Oceanscience

May 23, 2010
Thanks for posting that Trembull, good times remembered. :-) I hate the shot of me with the cigarette though, I quit smoking 9 months ago. I wish that show would have gotten off the ground...I tried sooooo hard.

Jason

Reality shows are starting to stink (boring after few episodes). I am not talking about "Gold Rush" specifically.
How about a show that is a bit more about telling a story. The story about a shipwreck, or about a shoal, or rock or island with all it's shipwrecks over time.
Telling the story about the survivors.
The story about the first salvers (wreckers), how did they work, their tools, boats and methods.
The modern salvers in contrast, the new methods technology etc.
The finds to prove the case. Palpable evidence of the truth of the story.
The archival researchers at work, as detectives finding the clues and following leads and hunches. Painstakingly fitting the pieces of the puzzle together.

There are hundreds of such stories that happened in the Bahamas, available.

There are the stories of chance finds. Like the guy that found a gold chain under a rock, but did not want to share his find with the other people of his party. As a lead in to the story of the shipwreck that happened there. Then about the gold coin hanging on the neck of another man, that was the clue leading to the shipwreck.

The wreck itself, (I wont bore you with naming it's nationality) still lying under the sand, untouched. Probably not a million dollar wreck. Probably a looser if you have to pay the bills with your fraction of the treasure, but it would make a good story for a "Wreckers Show"

And it lies close to Bimini.

OOps, I almost forgot, I gave this shipwreck to somebody. He will have to sell his own fish now.

A good looking crew that does not fight but some innuendos of sex and intrigues would do no harm.

The best sex world is the one of fantasies and dreams. What all could happen with a sexy crew living on the small space of the boat? Out at sea for weeks? This is what we want the viewer to dream and fantasize about. The show would only set the environment, leaving the rest to the fantasy of the viewer.

You have a dirty mind? This is your own problem.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are still waiting, and relying on Michael Pateman, to keep us informed? There has been a long silence from the Bahamas, regarding Search & Salvage licenses. No updates.

I don't think it matters to the license applicant whether it was signed by Mr Ingrahm, or now by Mr. Christie? The question is still, "When" ? :dontknow:

Mr. Ingrahm, failed to sign the licenses before he called for elections. Obviously, it wasn't a priority. Now, it is a waiting game for interested salvors, and license applicants for the new PM, to re-organize government, and get around to this. I'm sure there are more pressing matters at hand for a new government, than selecting a few license recipients, and issuing Salvage license, and although pending, may not be near the top priority list.

In my humble opinion, if it is managed right, permission to salvage Treasure Shipwrecks will greatly benefit the Bahamian economy financially, and historically. It's certain to result in media attention which is beneficial to Tourism and jobs. Look what "Treasure" did to get Florida's East coast, designated as the Treasure Coast, increasing tourism, real Estate sales, and employment, before being designated the Space coast for more media attention. Media attention is important to development, and jobs.

The adventure of Ship wreck Treasures, the publics natural curiosity for history, and the search for Atlantis, provides the Bahamas, a unique opportunity for world wide media attention and financial gain.

I sincerely hope the new administration looks outside the conventional box and explores it's natural resources such as buried Treasure and shipwrecks, and seizes on a great media opportunity for world wide recognition and financial stability.

I love the Bahamas, and the Bahamian people. Dell

Last edited:

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone gives us some Good News. Did anyone get their Permit Yet ??

Rumors abound, but, The Bahamas just had an election and are swapping governments this week. There is no cabinet yet to review permits. Theoretically, every thing will proceed as intended when the officials have taken care of the other pressing business outstanding that comes with a new governing body.

OP
OP
B

bahamamike

Feb 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sorry guys that I have been so quiet, been a little busy, not much time for anything else but work, work, work. As you all are aware, we had a switch in Gov'ts. But, a FYI, the then opposition, the now gov't overwhelmingly supported this legislation. Also, I have been assured off the record that these licences will be signed. However, we all know that the new gov't will have its own initial agenda that they would want to get started first.

My recommendations are complete and in, and I will post more information when I have it.

Mike

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys that I have been so quiet, been a little busy, not much time for anything else but work, work, work. As you all are aware, we had a switch in Gov'ts. But, a FYI, the then opposition, the now gov't overwhelmingly supported this legislation. Also, I have been assured off the record that these licences will be signed. However, we all know that the new gov't will have its own initial agenda that they would want to get started first.

My recommendations are complete and in, and I will post more information when I have it.

Mike

A certain Florida salvage company has been working with the Bahamian govt on the new legislation, but the elections have slowed things down.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread