Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2010
GA & FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse, CTX3030, Manticore
& Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 4th Annual Treasure Hunter's Cookout!

Aquanaut,

I missed it last year and Bonnie was telling me what at great was had last weekend. I will do my best to make it this year!

We haven't met - I'm Mike w/Greg & the GOHO team.

Semper Fi!
Mike

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark

I'm glad to hear you guys are gonna make it.Of course it's still about seven weeks away and difficult for people to commit. I just wanted to get the word out so some of you could plan for it. I know that things can change at the last minute so we'll try to accommodate everyone. As things get closer I'll start getting into details and asking for specific help. It will be a little tougher logistically because this time it's not at my house, but a hundred miles away.
Aquanut

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John, I am a bit confused. The website shows the Pennwood lodge at Sebastian, not Wabasso?

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

The Pennwood is just a few miles south of Sebastian, on US 1 in Wabasso.

As a bit of trivia for you folks, the Pennwood Motor Lodge was built (in part) by Kip Wagner of the Real Eight Co. back in the 1950's.

Tom

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Hey Tom, Missed you last year. Are you gonna make this one?
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Dell, I think that it's because more people know where Sebastion is... I wouldn't have known where Wabasso is if not for treasure hunting.
Aquanut

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well I figured I better put this where it belongs LOL

A year hasn't gone by has it? Grin Grin
I think I will be able to make it again, I mean someone has to bring the decals and ??

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Bob, You know you don't have to always wait a year to visit! LOL
aquanut

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

looks like we treasure hunters , salvors , fossil hunters and MDers as a group effort beat back the states archie's latest attempt at a "all public lands and waters in the state of florida" power grab --- I know and respect your efforts to keep it fun and to keep "politics" out of the cook out --but this is one subject that needs to be addressed , if it had passed --it would have been "game over' for all public lands and waters --folks

much like the "legal" catch 22 the archie tried to put forth on getting salvage permits when they "redid" the salvage permit process -- they were going to "require" that you have a "project archie' from their "approved list group" sign off off on your permit to get it "approved" *-- problem was their "approved list group" had just passed a by law rules change --that barred any member of the group from working for any "for profiet" salvors -- if any member were to sign on as your "project archie" he would be thrown out of the "group" and thus lose his "standing" --so he would no longer be "approved" -- thus making it impossible for a "for profiet" group to hire a "approved project archie" -- no "approved project archie" to sign off on your permit = no permit ever. -- nasty little "legal catch 22' --to knowingly require you to have what they know is impossible for you to get , as a condition to obtain a permit from the state of florida.

things like this is why I do not trust -- the state of florida --dept of arch -

I do not know for sure if I will be able to make it , this year but I will try to --Ivan

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Ivan, you better make it. You have become a fixture just as I have become caretaker.
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

This just sent to governor Scott:

As I did last year (with no response as expected) I'm personally inviting you to attend our 4th Annual Treasure Hunter's Cookout. Although this is an informal gathering, with no real political agenda, it is representative of an industry stifled by the Florida legislature. We can show you how government is negatively affecting as many as 50,000 jobs here in Florida by creating laws preventing our industry to flourish coupled with the rerouting of a large tourist trade taking their dollars elsewhere. If interested in at least getting away for a nice Saturday afternoon, the event is: Saturday, April 28th from noon on at the Pennwood Motor Lodge in Wabasso, Florida.
I promise, you will be glad you came, heck, we all voted for you!

Aquanut
P.S. anyone else want to invite him?

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Well, although Shawmen won't be able to attend this year, he still wants to be a part of the cookout and has sent some help. So my budget has been increased enough to ensure that I'll be able to supply the BBQ ribs so far. Deepsix will be doing his gumbo again so be sure to try it. You won't be disappointed! It's still another 5 weeks away, so we'll update as we go...
Aquanut

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010

John , I am so sorry that I cannot make it this year . I will be in California for most of the time . To pay for an airline ticket to Florida , ( comming from Holland ) and a few weeks later again to California , plus paying for all the guests at my wedding aniversary is a little more than I can handle . I would like it very much to meet again with all my good friens ( without mentioning all by name ) but it cannot be done this year . 2013 will be our year . This will give you enough time to build a cabin on the pontoon boat so at least I can stay dry in the storms to come . I will know you will get this done . Cornelius

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Cornelius,
You will be missed this year, but the plan for your boat to operate out of is already in the works. Actually, it's gotten further along than just plan.
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I just got a surprise check in the mail from another person that can't make the cookout, but thru his generosity will be a big part of it! He's overseas right now, but intends to visit in July or August.
We're talkin' military turned consultant and still workin'. I hope if he gets here everybody will welcome him as a friend! He's been following us on Tnet and Tworks, but I don't know if he's posted yet. If not and he does, I wouldn't be surprised if you see a "Sommy" posting soon. Sommy just bought most of the beer you guys will be drinkin'.
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I'll start asking for a head count on who will be showing up in about a week or two. It'll help let me know how much to get together.
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Hey guys,
I'd like to see a little more response here. I am starting to be concerned that there isn't enough interest to do a 4th. Is that the case?
Aquanut

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, I plan to attend baring any unforseen circumstances....... Maybe should take a head count.....

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe should take a head count.....

1.[/QUOTE]

I will be attending.. Let me know what I can help do or bring..
John I can forward my cel number again if need be..
Daryl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread