4th Annual Treasure Hunters Cookout!

graffixgirl

Apr 6, 2008
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800_MineLab Excalibur II_Titan3000DX w/DDcoil_minelab 505 w/DD coil AND "My vibe"
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sounds great!!

Let us know how we can help - you did an amazing job last year and we are looking forward to this. Treasure talk on the Treasure Coast!! (Gosh, if I could only fill my tanks with all the hot air I put out ...)

Bonnie and Jo
Hey Bonnie Thanks for the heads up! got my swag in the mail today, thanks again. cant wait to meet you (and all you other cool dirt vaccuumers and divers)

PS Aquanaut....dont know how I can help but can be an extra pair of hands and a friendly face :O}

graffixgirl

Apr 6, 2008
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800_MineLab Excalibur II_Titan3000DX w/DDcoil_minelab 505 w/DD coil AND "My vibe"
Primary Interest:
looks like we treasure hunters , salvors , fossil hunters and MDers as a group effort beat back the states archie's latest attempt at a "all public lands and waters in the state of florida" power grab --- I know and respect your efforts to keep it fun and to keep "politics" out of the cook out --but this is one subject that needs to be addressed , if it had passed --it would have been "game over' for all public lands and waters --folks

much like the "legal" catch 22 the archie tried to put forth on getting salvage permits when they "redid" the salvage permit process -- they were going to "require" that you have a "project archie' from their "approved list group" sign off off on your permit to get it "approved" *-- problem was their "approved list group" had just passed a by law rules change --that barred any member of the group from working for any "for profiet" salvors -- if any member were to sign on as your "project archie" he would be thrown out of the "group" and thus lose his "standing" --so he would no longer be "approved" -- thus making it impossible for a "for profiet" group to hire a "approved project archie" -- no "approved project archie" to sign off on your permit = no permit ever. -- nasty little "legal catch 22' --to knowingly require you to have what they know is impossible for you to get , as a condition to obtain a permit from the state of florida.

things like this is why I do not trust -- the state of florida --dept of arch -

I do not know for sure if I will be able to make it , this year but I will try to --Ivan

Hey Ivan, I was talking with my buddy Hangingfor8 (my florida brother)tonight, and I told him that I hope you do make it, cuz I would like to meet you face to face....even if it ment I had to drive up there and get you. I appreciate all you have helped me out with....so you have options. ps safe driver :O}

graffixgirl

Apr 6, 2008
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
thank you John, I am looking forward to meeting you too. It will be my first cookout and I am stoked.count me and my swaggin partner Lisa in for sure :O}

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
thank you John, I am looking forward to meeting you too. It will be my first cookout and I am stoked.count me and my swaggin partner Lisa in for sure :O}

Great! That was also a nice offer you made to Ivan, I hope it gets worked out so he can be there.
Aquanut

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mona Fredericks called today about sub-c meeting - none scheduled as yet so I mentioned the cookout- many of you might know Carl and Mona - Sea Research & Salvage - bought my LUCKY gold bird finding Aquapulse from them! they don't follow tnet so any info I should give?

So far I figure April 28th is the date, and Pennwood the place and have their number. BYOB and a dish?

there's a few out of the computer loop I'd like to give a heads up...PM me if any details I'm missing or [email protected]

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Mona Fredericks called today about sub-c meeting - none scheduled as yet so I mentioned the cookout- many of you might know Carl and Mona - Sea Research & Salvage - bought my LUCKY gold bird finding Aquapulse from them! they don't follow tnet so any info I should give?

So far I figure April 28th is the date, and Pennwood the place and have their number. BYOB and a dish?

there's a few out of the computer loop I'd like to give a heads up...PM me if any details I'm missing or [email protected]

Yeah Bonnie,
I was going to give Carl a call next week to see if he and Mona could come up from Key Largo. They haven't been able to make it so far, but maybe they can get here this time.
Also, get everybody you know to come. They sure as hell won't regret it.
Aquanut

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
roger that Aquanut!

we enjoyed it so much last year - you know we all believe so much in what we try to do but sometimes it's tough ... the camaraderie and the support and the "tall tales" - it all means a lot
and I will never forget those that encouraged me, and the stories I listened to , and how much it meant --how much it still means to get together and talk and dream -- talk of the future or the past or of what you hope will come....

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Just to let you all know...
Some of you may have gotten a request for money from my aquanut47 yahoo email account. This account was hacked and I'm not in Spain stuck with no money!
John

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
And this is what happened : One day I got a request to help out my friend John . He was in Spain and got robbed of his wallet . He was desperately asking me to help him out with an amount of 1550 Euro's so he could go back to Florida amd pay some of his bills . The guy sending this request to me counted on my friendship with John . Little he knew that I called John in Florida the night before . So John could not have been in Spain . Besides that the request was to send the money through Western Union . This was a congame that did not work out . I turned the file over to Interpol . They are after this guy now . Be warned if you get a simular request from some con-man . It does not have to come from Spain , it could come from any country . The recipient of the money order would be stationed in Spain since the WU office was located in Spain . Cornelius

Last edited:

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot believe anyone in Spain would try and get money off of a treasure hunter, thats not their style ! :happysmiley:

This type of scam was also doing the rounds in the UK last year, most of the people affected had Hotmail e-mail addresses and the persons were said to be on holiday in Africa and had been robbed of money and phone and the scammer requested money be sent via Western Union to get their friend home. It appears they get access to your address book then e-mail recent contacts.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I cannot believe anyone in Spain would try and get money off of a treasure hunter, thats not their style ! :happysmiley:
Priceless! LMAO

See you at the cookout everybody.

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This same guy in Spain contacted me for money under the guise ofbeing my neighbor across the street. I went along with his con, and we exchanged E-mails, until he got pi$$ed at my stalling and not getting money to him right away. After he hacks your e-mail password and sends the first message, he changes one letter in the return address and sets up an e-Mail account with the modified address and all future replies come back to him. My neighbor doesn't have a wife & kids so that was one obvious clue to it being a scam, but not a very smart. one

Trudy, is flying to Denver tomorrow for her sisters 90th birthday party. She is scheduled back on the 26th, and if everything works out we will come over a day early on the 27th, and leave on the 29th, the day after the cookout.

If anyone is going to be there Friday evening, let me know and we can get together. Maybe go up to Capt.Hirams, for some Conch fritters.

I was going to bring along Trudy's, dance partner, Ava, to do some Tahitian, or Belly Dancing, for entertainment, but the little gal got herself a job driving big rigs cross counry and may not be back in time. I'm sure Trudy will be happy to teach the ladies some Belly Dance moves even if Ava, can't be there to dance for us.

Pete Struzzeri, had intended to join us, but he has to leave for NY on the 26th to film a UFO segment for a webisode of PETE'S WORLD Peter S Dev

Ivan, I hope you can make it. I have a little gift I want to give you.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone there. Dell

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
Boating 05.gif How we doing about the Tables and Chairs, Aquanut?
I'll see if the church can spare any for that weekend. If so I'll see if I can be up there that Friday night with them, To help setup.
Call me
Picture is suppose to be just a funny

Last edited:

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Count Us In!

John, as mentioned before, me and my buddy Bill will attend again this year and may bring another scallywag with us. We will bring food and drink and if you can think of anything else you may need, let us know. By the way, are you doing the raffle again this year? If so, I will contribute some raffle items as well. Looking forward to meeting up with those I met last year and also with new faces I haven't met yet! Best Regards.

Pete

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
cookout

Well Guys,
So far this is a list of who says they're coming:
Old Man, Treasure_ Hunter, Comfortably Numb and Helen, Whitefeather and Sherene, Wreckdiver's wife Theresa, stevemc, Capthawk and Mama Jo, Fisheye and Frank, Les Savege +1, The Seeker and 2, Scubafinder, Salvor6, Lauren, Browns11, Dell & Trudy, Mad4wrecks and Monica, Florida Bill, Scubatreasure, Ivan Salis, Trembull, Signumops, Randy, Louise, Denise, Travis, Joe Tinney, Syd & KT Jones, Joel Ruth, Terry Tate, The Koenings, Dan Wukits, Tgers2 & Barbara, Vacalava and wench, Deniss, Mitch1FL, Graffixgirland Lisa, Ropesfish and wife, twiprodoo1, Flagal & Don, aquanut & Deb, Stpauli914 and seeker41+1. There are a few maybes at this point. Now we are close enough that I think if you are coming, you can commit! So let us know. There are a few people that are willing to help out, but we need to know know if you're going to make it or not. Don't leave my friends hanging. We're talking about tables, food, drinks and everything it takes to put this together, we just need to know how many and how much. Right now, I'm looking at 55 to 60. Hell, I had about 100 last year... Let's PARTY and get this season off to a good start!
Aquanut

Last edited:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
john are you getting my pm's? (two recent ones)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions