aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
4th Annual Treasure Hunter's Cookout!

O.K. Guys,
We're having another cookout on Saturday April 28th so all of us with an interest in treasure hunting can get together and share our stories, knowledge, lies, etc. In the past, some good partnerships have evolved and at the very least you can finally put a face to those you've been talking to here on Tnet. The big difference this year is that I'm having it at the Pennwood Motor Lodge in Wabasso and I intend to share some of the wealth (expense) with all you guys. This thing has managed to double in size every year and I am a poor treasure hunter on Social Security. I want to see this event continue and grow, but I'm simply not a rich guy, nor can I reach into that basket and keep pulling out the bread, fish and wine, if you know what I mean. So the first big change I'm making is "BYOB"! I had a full Keg and a whole bunch of beer of brands that I don't drink go to waste last year. So, I'm asking that if you want alcohol, and it ain't Budweiser, just bring it! I will be supplying the BBQ Ribs, the Budweiser and the live entertainment. I've made arrangements with the manager of the Pennwood to have as many as 25 rooms available for a discounted rate of $60.00 a night. If anybody feels this is too much, just remember that a DUI is over $10,000. I figure it's about what is spent at Outback for dinner. The phone number for the Pennwood is(866)-742-9240 or (772)-589-3855, ask for Virginia and tell your with the Treasure Hunters group so you can get the discount.
Now, last year, a few close friends have helped me pull this off. Some took care of the beer the last time, some of the food and some friends that weren't so close, brought stuff. Dell even sponsored a raffle and donated his cool stuff to offset costs. Believe me, I am doing these cookouts because, after 20 some years of being around this bunch of great people, I saw that all we needed was a casual place to get together. I chose the Pennwood is for several reasons. First, some of the original group of 1715 treasure hunter's stayed here, as did I back in the early 90's and have stayed here religiously every time I come down. They have a Pavilion, in case of rain, they have a pool to cool off in and show some of our landlocked TH'rs the beauty of SCUBA. We have a bunch of instructors among our group that can introduce SCUBA to those that are curious. The grounds are all shaded and bottom line, my septic system at my house had just about reached it's limit.LOL.
Now, every group needs a leader. I'll be that person only for the same reason I did it before... Some folks wanted to pick and choose who could attend. I won't stand for personal grudges and petty B.S. As I've stated in the past, anyone interested in treasure hunting is welcome. Leave your grudges at home and enjoy the company we've already experienced in the past. This may be the best chance you'll have to meet all your cronies! This is for families too!
Aquanut

Last edited:

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
Re: 4th Annual Treasure Hunter's Cookout!

aquanut said:
O.K. Guys,
We're having another cookout so all of us with an interest in treasure hunting can get together and share our stories, knowledge, lies, etc. In the past, some good partnerships have evolved and at the very least you can finally put a face to those you've been talking to here on Tnet.

Sounds great. I wished I was closer.

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010

Johnny I will be there . I have got a lot of friend s i like to meet again . Cornelius

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

John,
Looking forward to seeing you, Cornelius and meeting new friends. I always have a great time with you guys. It's more fun then going to a family reunion. You never know what you're going to see.
Maybe we can get a bunch of guys together the day after the picnic and I'll show you where the non-ferrous readings are in the Indian River. I was up in the attic today for the first time in a a year and found another 1 meter coil for the pulse star. See you all there. :icon_pirat:

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That sounds like it could be a blast. I would love to come to the meet and greet but my daughter just joined the military. She is in Boot Camp for the next 14 weeks and my wife and I are taking care of my 2 year old grandson so we will be grounded for awhile.
If you have one again next year, a few of my diving buddies and I might combine it with a fossil hunt to Venice.
ZDD

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Alexandre said:
aquanut said:
O.K. Guys,
We're having another cookout so all of us with an interest in treasure hunting can get together and share our stories, knowledge, lies, etc. In the past, some good partnerships have evolved and at the very least you can finally put a face to those you've been talking to here on Tnet.

Sounds great. I wished I was closer.

It would be really interesting if you came!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John,

Not sure why your moving it, there was still a couple parking spots available last year and it was only 3 streets over from your house...... ;D

I plan on attending.....Maybe mother nature will even move some of the sand off the beach by then....

comfortably numb

Mar 31, 2010
Crystal River, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II,
MPX,fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We'll be there Johnny as usual. I'll bring whatever you need. :occasion14:
Corny, I'm glad your going to make it again this year. :hello2:
Jeff

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Aquanut, we are moving our expedition down to Honduras in April, but I will do my best to make it up for the picnic. Last year was a good time and it was good to see all the old faces, and meet so many of the new ones. If I am unable to attend, I am sure Theresa will be there to represent!

Tommy

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I will be there again. It was good to meet folks whom I had never met, but felt I knew because of TNet. Stay in touch so we can all figure out what to bring besides our BYOBs. Or how much to pitch in for a meal, etc. Steve.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

cornelis 816 said:
Johnny I will be there . I have got a lot of friend s i like to meet again . Cornelius
That's great!

Shawmen

Sep 7, 2010
Tango Charlie

John~
Man oh man, 4 years in a row the dates are not lining up tweenst me and the Annual T/H Fest >:(...Unfortunately I've already got a date that weekend with the Blue Angels up in Warner Robbins...
Anyways, if you could PM me with a mailing address, I would be more then happy to enlist some dead presidents in this gig towards whatever you may need them for...least then I'll feel like I had some involvement in it this year!! Hopefully I'll make it next year...always follow it here on T-net and it seems like a really nice time...thanks for starting it!!
I'll be watching for the PM and will get you out a M/O asap...
Santini

PS...Is anyone gonna be making up the annual shirts again this year?

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Everybody,
I just confirmed the date with Steve of Tropical Music to provide his steel drums and singing of treasure hunting/diving songs off his SCUBA album, along with a lot of other Tropical/Island music.
Everyone that was here last year will remember his great music and that he's also a long term diver/instructor with treasure hunting amongst other things in his resume'. In other words, he's one of us!

I was distressed to see Signumops post about what the Florida legislature is about to do to us. Although I don't like political agendas at parties, I think we need to address this issue while we are all together.
I'm personally not acquainted with how all this works, but I do know there are a few of you out there that might be able to walk this flock thru the process and in doing so turn us into a PACK!
How about it?
Aquanut

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Sounds great!!

Let us know how we can help - you did an amazing job last year and we are looking forward to this. Treasure talk on the Treasure Coast!! (Gosh, if I could only fill my tanks with all the hot air I put out ...)

Bonnie and Jo

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ill be there.Hey Cornelius maybe you can let Alexandre stow away in one of your suitcases so he can come too :evil5:

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

FISHEYE said:
Ill be there.Hey Cornelius maybe you can let Alexandre stow away in one of your suitcases so he can come too :evil5:

Wouldn't that be a Hoot!

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Bonnie,
It's still a ways off, but, believe me, I'll take your offer to help. This time, I need all the help I can get!
Aquanut

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro

John, last year was my first attendance at your cookout. Had a really great time meeting you, your family and the rest of the scallywags that attended. I will bring some good tequila and cook up some food too. When you figure out what else you need, be it $$ donations or whatever, let me know. Looking forward to attending again!

Pete

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I missed the last two years, but I won't miss this one! Can't wait to see you all again and meet some new people too. I'll do anything I can to help also John.

Jason

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Hey Johnnie, I'll be there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread