4th Annual Treasure Hunters Cookout!

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
John and Debbie, thanks for putting the event together again this year. Great to see you again had a good time seeing folks that I met last year and meeting new ones this year. Really nice to put faces to everyone here on TNET that I got a chance to meet and talk to. What a good crew of people! Look forward to next years picnic and perhaps get a chance to meet up with some of you folks before then. Best regards to all !

Zombie Pirate

Apr 30, 2012
Bradenton, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A HUGE thanks to John, Debbie & pirate helpers for a wonderful event. Ellen & I enjoyed all the characters, great food & treasure tales. However, as you can see from
my pic, the wild week-end made me into a much more handsome ..... whatever!

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks everyone who had a part in getting this together. Good food, good people and lots of good stories. This was my first time at one of these gatherings but it won't be my last.

comfortably numb

Mar 31, 2010
Crystal River, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II,
MPX,fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a great time as well, It was great to see and talk to old friends Corniluis, Bonnie, Jason. and met alot of new friends Chagy, Trez, Mad4wrecks, Craig. Please forgive me if I left anyones name out, The weekend is still foggy, To much Grog! But a great time was had by all, Can't wait till next year. I have about 120 pics that Whitefeather took with my camera and will load them as soon as I get a chance.
Jeff&Ellen

Last edited:

comfortably numb

Mar 31, 2010
Crystal River, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II,
MPX,fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is one pic I will share now, This is after I won, The one reale found by Mo Molinar. Although I never got the chance to meet Mo, I feel he was one of the greatest and it is an honor to own this coin. Thanks Fisheye for donating it. Yes I have been asked several times but the answer is still the same, It is NOT for sale.

Attachments

• 2012_T_Works_Cookout_080.jpg
    2012_T_Works_Cookout_080.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow!!!!!! what a great time that was!! i wish we could get together more often. it was so great to be around people that share my love of treasurehunting. i got spend a little time with a few of you and not nearly enough time with most of you.

my wife enjoyed her time there and especally enjoyed sharing our bottle of rum with some of the other beautiful laddies!
i got there at about 8:30 am saturday and did not leave until about 11:00 pm saturday night. went detecting sunday morning at one of the treasurewreck sites and found a encrusted chunk of iron about 8 inches long, a small piece of a silver cup? and a indian relic(round flat stone with a hole in it.) of some kind. will post pics if anyone is interested. went back sunday around noon to the cookout to spend a little more time with a few that were still there. everyone including myself seemed wore out!!!!!

any of you that would like to get together and go detecting or treasure hunting please let me know!
if any of you ever need help on your salvage efforts i am available and looking to get into the buisness so please let me know.

like i said at the beginning of this post......it was great to be around people that share my love of treasurehunting.
chuck(seeker41)

Last edited:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
huge thanks go out to laraine reilly at reillys treasure gold for donating the scoop, finds pouch and treasure coins!!!! i know others donated but i asked laraine personally so i am making sure she and rtg get some love here!
chuck.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to thank John and debbie and all the other pirates involved for putting on this cookout this year in wabasso.Those ribs were great!I wish i could have stayed longer to talk with everyone there but i had to bum a ride with Les Sevage due to my trucks radiator developing a large hole in it the day before and not being able to get another rad till today.I was his driver for the way home since he was drinking and i wasnt.Comfortably Numb Im glad you like the coin that Mo found.Since you had alot of people wanting to buy itTheres more that Mo found that are for Sale.I can get a list in about a week from this friday with prices and photos.There are over 100 coins,all silver reales from 1 reale to 8 reale all with coa's.Ranging from $50.00 to $150.00 or more.Some with log sheets(not many of those left)If anyone is interested in buying some coins.Email me at [email protected] and when i get the list i will send it to you.If you are local you can pick them up,if not they can me shipped.
[h=1][/h]

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Well my friends,
The houseguests have departed with the exception of Cornelius, whom I'm taking to the airport in the morning. I can't thank you all enough for not only making this the best cookout yet, but taking part of an annual event that has turned into a tradition. My old friend Pegleg would be happy to see this. I can tell you, this event was bigger than me. I couldn't have done it without a lot of help. Trembull brought the majority of the chairs and tables and a few others were brought by you all. Can you believe 50 lb.'s of crawdads from Louisiana? How about the generous donations of treasure and related stuff for the raffle? I tried to thank you guys in person and I know I didn't get to everybody, but know that I and those who won the items appreciate what you did. Your bringing all the food that I was hoping for surpassed any expectations I might have had. There are those of you and I think you know who you are, that I now consider friends that went out of your way to help me with this. Muchas Gracias. I would also like to thank some of you for the personal gifts. I wish I could have gotten to talk with each and every one of you, but it seems like that is nearly impossible. Maybe I can do better next time. I need to acknowledge three special guys that couldn't make the cookout this year, but wanted to help make it special for all of you. These guys sent generous donations and more. The first guy is Sommy, He's in Afghanistan and hopefully can be a guest at my house when he gets here in July or August. The next is Shawmen, who, somehow is tied up with the Blue Angels out west and will try to make it next year. The third guy is bobinsd, who must be one hell of a good guy!
Please believe, if not for your overwhelming and individual support, this cookout would not have been the success that it was. When we do it next year, I'll need your support once again. I truly hope you'll be there to help.
I have never been a good front man, but I learned this time that I'll need to step up next year and put that microphone in my face. I dropped the ball somewhat when it came to announcements and such. For example, not letting those who were interested in SCUBA know they could have followed Pete up to the pool, or several other things I could have clarified. I'll try to do better in 2013.
Whitefeather also has about 150 pics to post here, so stay tuned.
Aquanut John

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, sorry for being lat in my thank you...My wife, and I greatly enjoyed the cookout as did "Miss Ruby"............. She always like attection and she got plenty there....

Thanks for all your ahrd work and for all who helped put it on................

Marty

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Personlly John, I don't care what kind of front man you are. If you can get 100+ scallywags like us to all come hang out with you at one time, you must be pretty awesome! This event was great and I can't wait until we all do it again, thanks for taking the reigns and making it happen...you got by with a little help from your friends, great job!

Jason

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
John you an everyone who helped did a great job!!!! This was a great event and the location was perfect....It may be time to take it to a new level for next year!!! Now you have a record of 4 years in a row with bigger assistance each year. Maybe you should start thinking of sponsors (banners) such as, KellyCo, Whites, Fisher, Minelab, books, Mel Fisher museum, etc, etc. Plus you may allow 3 or 4 vendors nothing big just a few folding table with things for sale or people who want to promote their business or looking for investors,etc....This will not only make it more colorful but it will help with the cost and attract more people...hey you never know this may end up turning into huge annual event a tradition like bike week, etc....You can count on me to help.

All the best,

Chagy.......

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John you an everyone who helped did a great job!!!! This was a great event and the location was perfect....It may be time to take it to a new level for next year!!! Now you have a record of 4 years in a row with bigger assistance each year. Maybe you should start thinking of sponsors (banners) such as, KellyCo, Whites, Fisher, Minelab, books, Mel Fisher museum, etc, etc. Plus you may allow 3 or 4 vendors nothing big just a few folding table with things for sale or people who want to promote their business or looking for investors,etc....This will not only make it more colorful but it will help with the cost and attract more people...hey you never know this may end up turning into huge annual event a tradition like bike week, etc....You can count on me to help.
All the best,
Chagy.......

personally, i think the amount of people there was just about right! any bigger and it will be a huge pain to organize and run. some metal detector donations would be nice though!

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The entire staff of Kellyco was invited. I had requested someone to come and demonstrate the OKM, and NOKTA detectors. Kellyco was invited to set up a booth at the Cookout. Kellyco said they were sending prizes for the raffle? I extended an invitation to Stu Aurbach, owner of Kellyco.

Governor Scott, or Obama, didn't show up, or send prizes for the raffle either. Dell

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Hey, who's going to go to some old cookout, when you've got a chance to go get shot at in Afghanistan?

I think Sommy, aka as Andrew Tidball would disagree with you. He helped us immensely and did say he'd rather be partying with us than being shot at...
Aquanut

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
We had a great time as well, It was great to see and talk to old friends Corniluis, Bonnie, Jason. and met alot of new friends Chagy, Trez, Mad4wrecks, Craig. Please forgive me if I left anyones name out, The weekend is still foggy, To much Grog! But a great time was had by all, Can't wait till next year. I have about 120 pics that Whitefeather took with my camera and will load them as soon as I get a chance.
Jeff&Ellen

It was a pleasure meeting you!!!!! When I have a chance I will send you the info I promised....

All the best,

Chagy....

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
There are just so many people that helped this year that it's difficult to simply acknowledge individuals, although I'll try. Excepting those I've already mentioned in the previous post, how about you guys that brought wonderful treasure to the raffle. Trez, Scubafinder, Dell, Fisheye, Seeker41, and a lot more. My family, with their help. Ellan, Dan and Jeff Dodson, Russell and Sherene and a whole lot more. Thank you all!

One other thing... Scubatreasure (aka LimoBob) lost his Father his morning. Bob wanted to stay with his dad rather than come to the cookout, but his dad insisted he come, supporting his love of treasure hunting. Here's hoping that Bob's dad will be looking down on him when he finds the motherlode!

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ohh wow...Scubatreasure sorry to hear about your Dad....Really don't know what to say other than I am sorry...I will have you and your family in my prayers...

Stay strong,

Chagy.....

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I want to extend a special thanks to Ellen Priest (Comforablynumb's wife) for spending most of her time at the cookout taking care of the raffle. That was a big job she took on when she could have just sat back and enjoyed everybody's company instead.
Aquanut

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread