YEAH.... Treasure Hunters Finely Band Together and Accomplish Something!

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
as of 2:00pm today...

Per Pat Clyne, the latest word on SB-868:

Those of you who are going to the Florida Senate page please not that this bill is in Budget right now and has been since March 1st. We had our conference call with the Senator on Tues. March 6th. This was the week that the Senate was to discuss these amendments and send it to the Governor by Fri. the 9th. The fact that it has NOT been reviewed in 8 days means just that. NO Action has been taken yet, which is a good thing.

Worst-case scenario would be that they would rush it through tomorrow before end of session. If that is the case, then Senator Hays has promised to go before the floor and have it personally removed before it gets to the Governors desk. If he wrote the bill, he can kill it. At this point I am taking him at his word. Stay tuned!

Update at 2:30pm:

OK Ladies & Gents, a call was just placed to the Senator 5 min ago. He was actually on the Senate floor at the time and still took the call. When asked about his Bill he replied in five words, The Bill Is DEAD, DEAD !!!

Tom

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no we maybe your country men are but certainly not you. Posting a picture of the lowly outdated frigate Corte Real commissioned in 1991 and specifically used for coast guard does not impress us. I would show you our naval vessels but you probably see enough of them to know they are massive and filled with men and women whom can destroy a small country within a matter of hours. Plus sense afhganistan as you say does not have an ocean or any other body of water to support that vessel in or around it. So I really dont know why you would show us a naval ship should of tried some soldiers over there or are they on the ship sailing to afghanistan? Or end this crap and get back to the thread at hand these issues are more important.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mad4wrecks said:
as of 2:00pm today...

Per Pat Clyne, the latest word on SB-868:

Those of you who are going to the Florida Senate page please not that this bill is in Budget right now and has been since March 1st. We had our conference call with the Senator on Tues. March 6th. This was the week that the Senate was to discuss these amendments and send it to the Governor by Fri. the 9th. The fact that it has NOT been reviewed in 8 days means just that. NO Action has been taken yet, which is a good thing.

Worst-case scenario would be that they would rush it through tomorrow before end of session. If that is the case, then Senator Hays has promised to go before the floor and have it personally removed before it gets to the Governors desk. If he wrote the bill, he can kill it. At this point I am taking him at his word. Stay tuned!

Update at 2:30pm:

OK Ladies & Gents, a call was just placed to the Senator 5 min ago. He was actually on the Senate floor at the time and still took the call. When asked about his Bill he replied in five words, The Bill Is DEAD, DEAD !!!

Tom
Thanks for the update.

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Tom, thanks for the update on this. Greatly appreciate the follow through to the State Senate floor to hold them accountable and to their word!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks tom!!!!

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
bluehunter1973 said:
There is no we maybe your country men are but certainly not you. Posting a picture of the lowly outdated frigate Corte Real commissioned in 1991 and specifically used for coast guard does not impress us. I would show you our naval vessels but you probably see enough of them to know they are massive and filled with men and women whom can destroy a small country within a matter of hours.

A small popullated country like Vietnam, Irak or Afhganistan?

So I really dont know why you would show us a naval ship should of tried some soldiers over there or are they on the ship sailing to afghanistan? Or end this crap and get back to the thread at hand these issues are more important.

Judging by the way you misquote me, either you are pulling my leg or must have skipped some classes in elementary school and have a reading problem: I said the Portuguese Navy is in the Persian Gulf, fighting off piracy. And, as someone said, it's not the size or the age of the dog that matters; it's the fight it has in it.

And, if you want me to end it, dont start it.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
bonus point question -- name the only country to use a nuke weapon not once but twice within one week --

oh yah we got em ---lots of em and we have "tested" ours in real life (ask the japanese) -- they work just fine.

yep, we can take out entire "small countries " in mere seconds , nothing at all left -- heck use more of em --we can take out larger countrys too -- heck if we use enough of em , we can wipe out the entire human race off the face of the earth -- nuke winter --every human on the planet dies.

now instead of destorying , which is eazy -- let try building up --which is much harder.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This thread, which was about celebrating the defeat of a bad piece of proposed legislation, has taken a rather strange (and off topic) turn! :help:

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it has just tired of the other side of the ocean putting there nose into something that does not pertain to them. I am hoping the bill will not manifest itself onto the back side of another bill. Hopefully lawmakers take our hobbies or passions a little more seriously. Florida hunters appear to have their gloves off and ready to defend what they enjoy. Hopefully other states will follow. Too bad we cant get Charlton Heston to speak for us. :icon_thumright:

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alexandre said:
bluehunter1973 said:
There is no we maybe your country men are but certainly not you. Posting a picture of the lowly outdated frigate Corte Real commissioned in 1991 and specifically used for coast guard does not impress us. I would show you our naval vessels but you probably see enough of them to know they are massive and filled with men and women whom can destroy a small country within a matter of hours.

A small popullated country like Vietnam, Irak or Afhganistan?

So I really dont know why you would show us a naval ship should of tried some soldiers over there or are they on the ship sailing to afghanistan? Or end this crap and get back to the thread at hand these issues are more important.

Judging by the way you misquote me, either you are pulling my leg or must have skipped some classes in elementary school and have a reading problem: I said the Portuguese Navy is in the Persian Gulf, fighting off piracy. And, as someone said, it's not the size or the age of the dog that matters; it's the fight it has in it.

And, if you want me to end it, dont start it.
Where the hell is Irak alex?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Irak is 2 letters above Iran and 5 letters above Iraq --silly :tard:

it goes like this -- Irak , Iral , Iram , Iran * , Irao, Irap , Iraq *

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
Irak is 2 letters above Iran and 5 letters above Iraq --silly :tard:

it go this this -- Irak , Iral , Iram , Iran * , Irao, Irap , Iraq

I just spit soda all over! HA! ROFLMAO!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since they want, to "have their cake and eat it too" kind of mentality, we get to have ours as well! :thumbsup:

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Looks like them emails and phone calls piled up high enough to make someone get off there a$$ and take notice...Thanks Captain Dom, Mad4wrecks, and everyone involved...this has been an eye opening experience for me and I can't wait to meet up with you guy's on the east coast soon. Congratulations!
Limo Bob :icon_pirat:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
just glad to see its dead -- KILL BILL part III coming soon to a theater near you. :'( :whip2:

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This from Alexandre above...
" Yes, we split the world in two! Finders, keepers! ;) "

I guess this does not apply to Odyssey. For Spain it should be "Looters, losers". The ship was destroyed by it's own captain, I believe.
Is that not forfeiture. Maybe England has a claim?

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
CS/HB 591 - Archeological Sites and Specimens
Last Event: 03/09/12 S Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability on Friday, March 09, 2012 11:59 PM
CS/CS/SB 868 - Archaeological Sites and Specimens
Last Action: 03/09/2012 Died in Budget

Edited to add both numbers and statements.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
offically dead --the wicked witch is dead :thumbsup: :read2: score one for the lil guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions