Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Salvor6 said:
The last I heard Jack could not get a permit in Panama so he set his sights on Honduras. Jack got tons of documents on shipwrecks in Honduras. Thats what I'm interested in.

My dear friend I have a very good list of Honduras shipwrecks plus over 150 pages of archival documents...Anything in particular that you want? Ask and you shall receive.. :icon_pirat:

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
My dear friend I have a very good list of Honduras shipwrecks plus over 150 pages of archival documents...Anything in particular that you want? Ask and you shall receive.. :icon_pirat:
[/quote]

Chagy,
I sent you a PM.
Aquanut

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a great idea there signumops, something like this is a win, win deal. Mr. Haskins wins as he will be taken care of with dignity through out his remaining years. His family will not be overly burdened with extensive medical bills. The salvage crews and historians will benefit by having Mr. Haskins research available. Finally Mr. Haskins work and memories will live for ever and ever through this effort.
I never met Mr. Haskins but he sounds like the type of person that was a walking treasure trove of ship wreck information and knowledge. The type of person that I would have loved to spend some time with.
I would definitely be interested in purchasing copies of his work. I would be a fool not to.
All the best,
ZDD

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I know this is an old thread, but I only just learned (I'm a little slow) that Jack Haskins passed away later in the year this thread was started:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/shipwrecks/312317-jack-haskins-tribute.html

My condolences to all who knew him. We all have benefitted from his work.

Mr. Crooks, are there legal issues with the 1715 report that prevent us from copying the pages from the copies found at area libraries & sharing with others? There do not seem to be any copyright notifications to clarify how to use & share the information for our personal research purposes.

Last edited:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I've read some of Jack's research performed for Treasure Salvors regarding the Atocha. Superior work!

Maybe there is some way we can form a foundation that runs without a tax burden and that foundation can produce a printed volume of the Haskin's archive available directly to the contributors for a donation level. To wit: contribute X dollars and you will get a printed copy of the archive.

Another angle might be to host the archive online and, for an annual fee, perhaps you can have access to it in PDF format that is copy proof using Digital Rights Management locks.

Or, maybe we can raise the cash for a printed edition at www.kickstarter.com where the cash raised goes directly to Jack's estate, and, once again, the archive is printed for distribution to cash contributors at a certain level. At kickstarter, excess amounts of cash stay with the enterprise requesting the cash, regardless of whether the necessary funding is exceeded.

I can not do this through Signum Ops: IRS would break my ankles, but, a tax shelter of some sort could do it. I will volunteer to prepare the data for distribution. Any other ideas?

The only problem would be that there must be a thresh hold met to satisfy Jack's needs at the moment, and into the future. The estate management does not need to release everything all at once. It could be done in specific volumes, perhaps annually, for example. This would depend on the amount of material to be published, of course, and I have no idea how much there might be. I understand there is quit a bit.

Just an idea.

I like this idea. Count me in.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Its been a couple years since this thread was posted, but was there ever any motion on this?
Instead of winks, nods and things left unsaid, is there a price or at least some sort of starting point?

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Trust me, I'm not bidding for the collection. I'll never be that rich! But I'm just wondering what the restrictions are on the 30-page report on the 1715 fleet that most of us interested in those wrecks have read. All those translations & interpretations are available at a couple libraries along the coast, but there are some inland folks who've asked for copies where they are not accessible & I'm not comfortable conveying my copies which were supplied by the libraries only for my own personal research, unless permission is expressed by someone with authority to do so.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have my Florida shipwreck books for sale, along with some of Jack's translated documents. This helps if you can't visit the few libraries that have copies of his work. It's not all of his research, but it's 133 pages of 1715 Fleet translations that he and Nancy Ferris translated from original manuscripts...

Jack Haskins' research, Florida shipwreck books, and a treasure map

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I have my Florida shipwreck books for sale, along with some of Jack's translated documents. This helps if you can't visit the few libraries that have copies of his work. It's not all of his research, but it's 133 pages of 1715 Fleet translations that he and Nancy Ferris translated from original manuscripts...

Jack Haskins' research, Florida shipwreck books, and a treasure map

Darren, Hope you're well. Do you have any of Jack's research on Wrecks in Honduras??? ( And No, before someone asks. I'm not being funny because of what happened to Aqua Quest.)

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello, old man. I hope you're doing well, too. Sorry, I only have the 1715 portions of his research.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread