LIVE ROV investigation of wreck site

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is very cool!
The project in itself has amazing technology. Scientists or others, that are the experts in their respective fields, are on call worldwide.
You are either working directly on a shift, or if something in your expertise shows up, you can log in, from anywhere in the world, and take control of the ROV and/or the mission!

Last edited:

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm watching Kevin, sorry I've been up to my ears in permit applications so I haven't been posting much. I do drop by everyday to check on this thread though. Amazing technology and imagery, thanks for the links!

Jason

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Last edited:

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, yes I was watching this yesterday live....kept wanting to move the joystick to look at something! Kept saying,no, left, left, zoom in on that circular pattern, no, there....was certainly addictive.
The vis was pretty bad, and no light ship support, so field of view was somewhat limited, with quite a bit of backscatter.
I asked if once they were done with the imaging, if they were authorized to hover and use the thrusters to fan off some of the sediment from certain outlines in the sediment, either from the biologics or other...we shall see.

psdiver

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites/JWFisher Pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Good Vis today BUT, it seems to be the study of coral.

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The online feed is the low-res ...can imagine what they are seeing must be incredible.

(yes, great vis today, good combo with the camera sled!)

Last edited:

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
They did search patterns over a barren bottom most of the day yesterday. The weather got bad today and they pulled the ROV on deck to ride it out. Really cool to watch this, thanks again for posting it Kevin!

OP
OP
L

LuckyKevin

Jan 27, 2011
FL
Anybody else see the dive yesterday, it was really cool, I counted at least three cannons! There was a ton of ceramics, an octant and the ship's compass. A most impressive wreck site!!!

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
They are in port today,but if you watch Stream 3 they are doing a recap of the last few days, including some of the footage from the wrecksite with the cannons and anchors and bottles. Really great video to watch. Enjoy!

Jason

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason,
How do you look through the recap feeds? Any way to go to the shipwreck?

Thanks!

Last edited:

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you click on the bottom video, it will play a recap. The same way you would click on the "play" button to start the live feeds, the third one plays a recap with some of the better footage from the wrecksite. Neat stuff, just click the bottom video.

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks, it appears there is no way to fast forward, or peruse through the feed....just have to watch it all I guess...

All of this is incredible research and documentation!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread