Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
ei.jpg

whydahdiver

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beaudry made hundreds of dives on thw wreck. He donated some of the artifacts to a musuem in Fall River, Massachusetts when I was the director. We also had a 28' long model of TITANIC used in a 1950's movie, Wood's Hole came to photograph it before they went out to find her wreckage.

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He also came here to Halifax to talk with our group and show us a power point presentation of his work. He has made a life time project of the Empress and his dream is for her to receive the recognition that she deserves. Our federal government has shown little interest in the wreck or even to tell the story of her and the victims but through his work they never be forgotten.
He left us all a copy of the 1969 documentary of the salvage of the wreck but I don't know how to post it and it's too long for you tube. If any one cares to tell me how I can post a 30 min. vid. I will give it a try.
ZDD

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZDD,

The best way to post the video would be up on YouTube.

Good luck

AUV

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZDD, I see that you say that it is too big for YouTube, have you tried it as some of the Cousteau stuff on there is pushing an hour, so I would have thought yours at 30mins should upload.

I have also seen some pretty big videos posted on Vimeo.com.

Both sites should have some good instructions, if not just Google "how to upload on to YouTube" (or Vimeo) and I am sure someone has posted the best way to do it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZDD, I see that you say that it is too big for YouTube, have you tried it as some of the Cousteau stuff on there is pushing an hour, so I would have thought yours at 30mins should upload.

I have also seen some pretty big videos posted on Vimeo.com.

Both sites should have some good instructions, if not just Google "how to upload on to YouTube" (or Vimeo) and I am sure someone has posted the best way to do it.
Thanks guys but the last thing I posted on you tube would only permit 10 min. I think you can get some commercial account with them for longer vids. I will check it out again though and Vimeo as well.
ZDD

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose you could break up the video into Part I, Part II, and part III, which actually may make it better for the end user, if they dont have the time or bandwidth to watch the entire video at one time...

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dave, I think they limit new accounts until you've posted a few videos. Mine can do way longer than 10 minutes on YouTube (ScubaSeeker). If you can get the file small enough you could email it to me and I could post it under my account and provide a link here. I'll PM you my email.

Jason

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave, I think they limit new accounts until you've posted a few videos. Mine can do way longer than 10 minutes on YouTube (ScubaSeeker). If you can get the file small enough you could email it to me and I could post it under my account and provide a link here. I'll PM you my email.

Jason
Thanks Jason, I will see what I can do.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions