Anyone have this book?

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Was wondering if any of you out there have this book, "Naufragios de La Armada Española", originally written by Cesareo Fernandez Duro in 1904.

If you do have this book and you're feeling very charitable :angel3:, could you please either type in or scan page 219? I'm looking for the passage that references a wreck of a 'goleta' named VOLADOR in Pensacola Bay on March 25, 1815. I've found the usual one-liners in Marx's books regarding this wreck but was wondering if Duro's book has more detail. Note: The old reference I have to this book may refer to the wrong page number in modern editions of it.

Many, many thanks in advance,

Pcola

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
Was wondering if any of you out there have this book, "Naufragios de La Armada Española", originally written by Cesareo Fernandez Duro in 1904.

If you do have this book and you're feeling very charitable :angel3:, could you please either type in or scan page 219? I'm looking for the passage that references a wreck of a 'goleta' named VOLADOR in Pensacola Bay on March 25, 1815. I've found the usual one-liners in Marx's books regarding this wreck but was wondering if Duro's book has more detail. Note: The old reference I have to this book may refer to the wrong page number in modern editions of it.

Many, many thanks in advance,

Pcola

It's online and you can download the PDF. But somehow I doubt about that reference...:

Naufragios de la Armada Española: Relacion histórica formada con presencia ... - Cesáreo Fernández Duro - Google Livros

Last edited:

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont have the book, but here is another reference to that ship.

On March 25, 1815, the Spanish “goleta” Volador, commanded by Captain Joaquin Veal and boasting 10 cannon, entered Pensacola Bay carrying a large cargo of goods and rifles. That night a strong wind came up causing the ship to lurch into the shore and become stranded. It soon went to pieces and two of the crew and all its cargo were lost. (Cesareo Fernandez Duro, Naufragios de la Armada Espanola, Madrid, 1904, page 219).

Source page 7

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Luis (Chagy) has your book, a nicely worded PM and a promise of some ice-cold Corona's would likely get you the info you seek. :-)

OP
OP
pcolaboy

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Thanks for the replies. Wow Cornelius...I've never heard of Amazon :tongue3: Actually I did see it there but can't afford it right now. Thanks my friend.

AUVnav...I appreciate you taking the time to reply with that information. That's pretty much what I know about it as well. I guess I was hoping for any detailed accounts (ie..better idea of the location, circumstances, etc) that I know are far and few between from that era.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Go to your PM inbox and click!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread