live update from jupiter with seahunter

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone
I want to thank everyone who came and helped and made this weekend possible. It truly was a dream come true for me. I have wanted this since I was six years old laying in a hospital bed and reading my first treasure magazine. I think it is very important for us all to realize that without treasurenet none of this would have ever happened. Every single person there this weekend came from treasurenet and most of them I had never even met or spoken to before. There were probably fifteen people there over the weekend and yet I don't think I heard one single cross word.

Not bad for an old hunted out wreck site. Anybody who says any shipwreck site is hunted out has obviously never been on the bottom actually hunting. This site will not get hunted out in my lifetime. We were just getting started.

Wait till you see what we do next time.

Thanks again to everyone.

Seahunter

skip_fla

Oct 6, 2004
Wakulla, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab
WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! And Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!!

I have dreament of going on an adventure like this ever since the first time that I watched the TV show Seahunt with Lloyd Bridges. I didn’t find any of the coins but in my mind the real treasure was the sharing of this great adventure with each and every one of you. I’m just sorry that I didn’t make it back on Sunday to shake everybody’s hand before it all broke up (boy do I need to get back in shape).

A special Thanks to Scott, Joe and Tim for putting this all together and making a dream come true for me.

Skip_fla

Ps: Hey Scott just let me know when your ready to go again. ;D ;D ;D

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
This was just so cool to watch this whole event unfold. Seahunter!! YOU D MAN!! You just made dreams come true. One of those once in a lifetime things just happened to a lot of the people of treasurenet forum because of your generosity and the love of this hobby.
Thanks for being who you are, and my the motherload be in your future..

Dale

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
riobravo said:
those are great pics chagy, it was a pleasure having you aboard, i think the fellow members will like this start.

Thank you Joe, It was a pleasure for me been there........There will be plenty of pics for the members to enjoy......we are still waiting for Robert to post his pics he had 2 cameras and Scubafinder also tuck some great pics......

All the best,

Chagy.......

OP
OP
riobravo

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
SEAHUNTER said:
Hi Joe
It has to be hard to leave with the water looking like this.
Seahunter
hi Scott,
it was very hard to leave, the vis was great, i had to dive to free one anchor this morning, any way i have made it to safe harbor, the seas got rough on the way up and my onion bottle from a 17th cen wreck got broke, but i would have given lots more for another calm day.
god bless
JAS

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am an 'old' pro at this treasure diving stuff but I'll tell you what, this past weekend was one of the most memorable experiences of my llife.

The comraderie between such a diverse group of people, who really only knew each other by their nickname over this Treasurenet forum, was fantastic.

It was very cool to see some of these guys finding shipwreck treasure for the first time in their life.

Special thanks to Scott, Joe and Tim for having us and thanks to Luis (Chagy) for all of his hospitality. I owe you one man!

I'll be posting pictures in a few days on a separate website.

Tom G.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Chagy said:
I know some of you are still traveling back home today, I hope everyone make it home safely, I will pray for you all

Your prayers were answered, my friend. I just walked in the door and headed straight for Tnet - after kissing the wife and kids ;D

This event was absolutely one of the most incredible adventures of my life. And I've done it all - bungi jumping, skydiving, white water rafting, and then some. But I'd trade it all for what happened this past weekend. Thanks to Marc for this forum, Scott for the opportunity, Joe, Tim and Capt Jerry for wonderful service on the Rio Bravo, Luis for his home in Orlando and great food, and to Robert, Brad, Jason, Dick, Pete, Tom, and Skip for the growing friendships. Robert, Dick and I will still be talking for years about Dick snoring like a freight train and the flowers on my swim trunks. Oh yeah, and the silver, too ;)

I hope this will just be the beginning for Tnet members. Don't just watch this happen - make it happen for you. Start an event nearby and invite others to come from this forum. You won't regret it!

Godspeed!
Darren

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
What else can I say! WOW!

What an amazing weekend! Thanks to SEAHUNTER and RIOBRAVO for the boats and hospitality. Thanks to Tim for ... well, everything! One of the most hardworking guys you will ever meet and one heck of a chef. We had just about 5 star meals the whole weekend! These guys were just amazing!

I took a lot of pictures over the weekend. Darren, Chagy, DinkyDick, Brad in NC, and I all came in to dive on Friday. What a day! The very first hole we blew we found two coins! I will be posting all the images and video to my Treasurenet Gallery and a select number under this post.

Thanks again Scott and Joe!

Robert in SC

Attachments

• Picture-070-web.jpg
    Picture-070-web.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 8,585
  • Picture-040-web.jpg
    Picture-040-web.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 8,031

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Great photos,
I recall finding things like this at the Titusville beach and skipping them back into the ocean. If I had only known then what I know now. Of course this was 62 years ago :-\.
You guys make me proud to know and I expect to met more of you down the road.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
riobravo

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
hi pepper,
thanks for the inquiry, but such questions are answered to people on a need to know basis, of which this is not the time or place.
dont ruin the moment with tech questions, wish you could have joined us, it was like being allowed to go into the trading store way back when somebody would sponser the 5 cent sodapops on sunday and if they were short, people just shared half a bottle.
when america starts giving like i saw in this gathering, is when you see america at its best.................
PAY IT FORWARD I SAY........

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
riobravo said:
when america starts giving like i saw in this gathering, is when you see america at its best.................

Hear, hear!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really great thread Seahunter and all who went, I have really enjoyed reading and seeing the pics.!!! You can easily tell from the pictures that all was having a great time.

OKAY, now I see I have to take some scuba lessons. When is your next trip and can an old man come along if he gets certified for diving and asks real nice? ;D

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
riobravo said:

I hear you LOUD & CLEAR......AMEN

skip_fla

Oct 6, 2004
Wakulla, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Hey we haven't heard from Jason yet!! Hmmm? Joe you better check the bilge for a stowaway, he was having to much fun. ;)

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
skip_fla said:
Hey we haven't heard from Jason yet!! Hmmm? Joe you better check the bilge for a stowaway, he was having to much fun. ;)

So far everyone made it back home OK we are still waiting to hear from Jason (ScubaFINDER), NC Brad and DinkyDick.
Still praying for you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best,

Chagy......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions