wrecks in Iceland??

Gunnar

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the history of Iceland is full of ships stranding sinking lost and shot down in the war.
most people are familiar with wapen van Amsterdam but i have been wondering if someone knows of anything else worth mentioning so far i haven't found anything.
i just find it hard to believe that of all the thousands of wrecks around the country that none of them has anything interesting in them so if anyone has any ideas i would greatly appreciate it.

Godafoss (goðafoss) had some copper in it but that's pretty much all i have found and the ship seems to have vanished or is so damaged that side scan sonars and multibeam haven't yet found it

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Gunnar, That is one Beautiful Country. I remember when I was in the military and the day they handed me orders for a 1 year tour, with the personnel guy laughing and I quote. He said,
" There's a GIRL BEHIND EVERY TREE ". Well I found out that there are Forests in Iceland as well as a lot of Friendly People.
It's been a long time since I've been back, but I will check and see what wrecks I can try and locate for you.
I am sure that there a many Viking Ships from you ancestors lost off the coast. The water is cold enough to preserve a wooden ship. I wish you luck and if I find anything, I'll be sure to post it for you.8-)

OP
OP
G

Gunnar

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would appreciate that allot. just to be curious when were you here in Iceland my father was a medic he was here in 73

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
i would appreciate that allot. just to be curious when were you here in Iceland my father was a medic he was here in 73

Gunnar, I left Iceland in November of 1970. I liked Iceland and the people so much that I came back in 1973 for a visit, but I am ashamed to say that I haven't been back since. I tell all of my boys that they should go visit Iceland. It is a Beautiful Country and the People are extremely friendly.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Gunnar, I just came across this article while looking for shipwrecks off the Coast of Iceland. If you are living in Iceland ? Please keep us updated if you hear anything. I think this is better then looking for shipwrecks.Scientist Look for Holy Grail in Iceland.

15 Historical Events That Fascinate Us - Frikoo

The Holy Grail in Iceland?: A group of Scientists in Iceland have recently stumbled upon evidence which they believe will lead them to the legendary Holy Grail (the cup that Jesus Christ drank from at the Last Supper). They believe that it may be located in the rural district Hrunamannahreppur in southwest Iceland. They have found a strong correlation between Leonardo Da Vinci’s painting of the Last Supper and with the aerial map of Iceland (see photo). According to these scientists, the Holy Grail is located in a 5-meter high secret underground dome near kjolur mountain pass. Whether the Holy Grail is an ancient myth, or one of the greatest lost artifacts of all-time, we may never know for sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Gunnar

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a friend of mine was involved in this search he was hired to drill some holes in the location where they thought it could be in but ive asked him and he cant say much about it but he told me that at first he didnt belive in any of it but there are some unanswered questions that do support this theory i will ask him about it just and see what he has to say.

i think hes bound by a contract not to talk about it if so im not going to push him to hard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread