Coins-What next?

mech

Jun 4, 2006
St Petersburg, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Peg Leg said:
Did any one know that the State of Florida ask all those that use a Metal Detector on the beachs that if you find something regardless of when it was lost to turn it in to the State so they might return it to the rightfull owner.
What a crock of CRAP.
Peg Leg

what is the address that I should deliver all my "finds" to? :)

Attachments

• beachjunk.JPG
    beachjunk.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 277
OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Trez,
No it was not directed toward you. It was directed toward anyone who may be interested in what the State has to say.
I do have a question.
Who makes the LAWS of Florida?
Can the Head of any Department in the State of Florida inject any additions as he/she sees fit and it becomes part of the LAW-I think NOT.
Everytime SOMEONE thinks of something to add to the already LONG LIST of DO and DON'Ts it becomes LAW or appears that way.
An employee of the State of Florida CANNOT PASS A LAW without DUE PROCESS.
Peg Leg

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES they can Peg! and who do you think did away with the isolated finds program? Due process was followed (to include public hearings), and it originated from the director of the Florida DHR.

Tom

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
what you are saying is that ANYONE who heads a Department within the State of Florida and come up with a thought and have a Town meeting with people that have no idea what is being talked about and then PASS A LAW.
WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP.
It appears that ANY ONE is able to make anything they want a LAW.
I was under the impression that only the Florida Senate could make LAWS.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
This is a PRIME example why THers must get together and pass a few LAWS themselves but the problem is NO ONE wants to do anything but TALK and YET people wonder why there are STILL PIRATES OUT THERE.
This has nothing to do with Preserving History it boils down to $$$$$ AND GREED not by THers but by College Professors who know everything there is to know about everything.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
There are no rules in this Game.
You fight fire with fire.
They fight dirty so you fight dirtier
Find a College that needs funds and make them a deal $$$$
There are a few out there with a few extra dollars. Not all THers are broke.
Peg Leg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread