Alexandre / More and Beyond Ossy

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gday VOC

Yes we have been counting the coins, and we are 10 short:laughing9: We are asking for a search warrant for Greg Stemn House :laughing7:
I have been doing some research on the Santa Barbara, lost Nao on Australia east cost, lots of hard work.
I think Alexandre is actually recovering two Spanish galleons in Portuguese waters, with treasure , can wait to see his work.
Cheers, Ossy

OP
OP
VOC

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MORE AND BEYOND OSSY said:
Gday VOC

Yes we have been counting the coins, and we are 10 short:laughing9: We are asking for a search warrant for Greg Stemn House :laughing7:
I have been doing some research on the Santa Barbara, lost Nao on Australia east cost, lots of hard work.
I think Alexandre is actually recovering two Spanish galleons in Portuguese waters, with treasure , can wait to see his work.
Cheers, Ossy

Hi Ossy

Glad to see you are both active.

Have you located the Santa Barbara or are you still researching to give you enough info to start searching ?

Lets hope Alexandre comes up trumps,, with luck the sight of all that Treasure will convert him from the Dark Side of academia over to the bright side of treasure hunting !

I am sure with all his skills he would make a better Treasure Hunter than Archaeologist.

Look forward to hearing about your wreck in Australia,

Best Regards

VOC.

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ossy

Glad to see you are both active.

Have you located the Santa Barbara or are you still researching to give you enough info to start searching ?

Lets hope Alexandre comes up trumps,, with luck the sight of all that Treasure will convert him from the Dark Side of academia over to the bright side of treasure hunting !

I am sure with all his skills he would make a better Treasure Hunter than Archaeologist.

Look forward to hearing about your wreck in Australia,

Best Regards

VOC.

The Santa Barbara wreck lies on Facing Island , Queensland's east coast . I as yet, have not found the wreck, I am trying to track down a bronze cannon that was found then sold
to a Ships captain back in the 60's , which had Santa Barbara stamped on the cannon.
I still work full time in my own business, I'm hoping to take some time off next year and head up there with my brother.
Alexandre is I think' like me more about the history than the treasure, And Greg Stemn is not his farther:laughing9:
Ossy

OP
OP
VOC

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds an interesting project.

Have read up a little on Google, difficult to know if anything would have survived if beached 25 Jul 1914 - THE SPANIARDS IN AUSTRALIA. TO THE EDITOR OF THE...

Mind you a guy in the Isle of Scilly has located what is believed to be the beached pirate ship the John, and looking at the photos some substantial timbers remain Wreck of pirate ship found off the Scillies may hide a treasure trove | This is Cornwall

PS: there is no "R" in Father unless that’s a Southern Hemisphere way of spelling ! :happysmiley:

The Santa Barbara wreck lies on Facing Island , Queensland's east coast . I as yet, have not found the wreck, I am trying to track down a bronze cannon that was found then sold
to a Ships captain back in the 60's , which had Santa Barbara stamped on the cannon.
I still work full time in my own business, I'm hoping to take some time off next year and head up there with my brother.
Alexandre is I think' like me more about the history than the treasure, And Greg Stemn is not his farther:laughing9:
Ossy

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: My bad, The local cronies here hope i don't find anything, They would have to rewrite the history books ! My brother is a lawyer and is currently doing a degree in international law
I might need his services if i find her .
Will keep you updated.
Ossy

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to start a thread VOC....I am sure that you think a valid reason or purpose, but really, other than an attempt to goad someone into an animated conversation in some veiled attempt to personify yourself, why even start a topic such as this?
I also find it interesting your child-like necessity to spell check others posts, did you check yours?

Alexandre, from my own personal experience, as well as the opinion of the rest of the team, he is regarded as an exemplary archaeologist, and would count him as one of the very few qualified to document and recover an underwater wrecksite.

I have not yet had the opportunity to work with Ossy, but I have a feeling that may happen in the near future, but again, throughout his posts, I find no reason to discount his integrity. Considering the typical flavor of your posts, I can not see a reason why he would want to share anything with you, positive or negative.

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see, so it appears that you just don't appear to have any social skills.

OP
OP
VOC

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL

AUVnav, you really cracked me up with that one.

You of all people going on about social skills (there is me and my forum mate Ossey enjoying some joyful banter and talking about his project and "Wham" in you come from out of the blue trying to start a forum fight :dontknow:).

I am sure deep down you are a intelligent nice guy, its probably just your forum image that makes you appear to be an "arrogant know it all":tongue3:.

Thanks for helping keep this site vibrant, even if your views do need a little tweaking here and there :laughing7:.

Best Regards

VOC

Last edited:

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
Alexandre any updates on your current projects ?

VOC

Hi Voc.

I have been shopping around for a remote sensing survey. I was quoted 42.000 euros for a mag/sss and then shopped a little more around and settled for a 9.000 for a mag./s.s.s.+s.b. profiler.... I am thinking of dropping archaeology and getting into the remote sensing business.. ;)

OP
OP
VOC

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Alexandre

I know what you mean about the cost of Remote Sensing.

Unfortunately the rates are based on the Oil & Gas industry and the manufacturers and equipment suppliers charge rates that are disproportionate to most other industries.

As you know all survey is down to the equipment calibration and the settings used and then the interpretation and reporting of all the data, so we normally have to check out any surveyors or companies before hand as a lower cost could just mean less data.

A survey that has not been done well is worse than no survey, as you think it has been done when in fact the surveyors may have just missed the critical information.

Hope you get some great results.

VOC

Last edited:

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep your cool AUVnav8-) VOC is a intelligent good guy and i enjoy his posts, He can't help it if he has pirate blood:happysmiley:
Ossy

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ossy,

I suppose you may be correct. The blind adoration of Odyssey Marine has me suspect, is all. Normally, I would provide further details of my experience, but even though I have provided little, I see morons like JeffK making accusations, supported in part, by VOC.

I will keep your views in mind, while I am here on this site to enjoy the threads, provide data, and ask questions, unlike some of the respondents,
I have nothing to prove.

OP
OP
VOC

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AUVnav

You are definitely a special breed; now calling people you don’t even know a Moron.

You can knock Odyssey all you want, but the fact is they are out there doing it for real day in day out, and you are probably not.

The probable reason Greg Stemm has always got a smile on his face, is that they are having the time of their lives, searching the oceans finding wrecks full of bronze guns and pulling up silver coins by the tonne.

Do they care if the coins went to Spain, do they hell, the fun and excitement for all involved was the searching, finding and recovery and then sitting back and looking at all them tubs and saying “we made that happen”

They probably also enjoyed the cut and thrust of the legal challenge and would not cry when they lost.

All their investors know what they are buying into and most want to be part of their excitement, with a fairly good chance of a big return (bit like buying any shares or doing the Lottery).

When they sit there watching "Treasure Quest" with their friends and family, they say I am part of that and we are helping to fund it, just like the Fisher investors do.

Many of us have invested far more looking for wrecks just to get no return, but sure do we have a great time looking.

Would I swap my life for that of Mel Fisher, Bob Marx or Greg Stemm you f*cking bet I would.

We have all only got one life to live out our dreams, and these guys have lived out theirs.

But Hey Ho, if your dream is to leave the world a site report and drawings of some soggy timber, get on and do it, and don’t let anybody deter you from doing it.

My dreams are of seeing Gold by the Tonne, Bronze Guns by the pile and buckets of Silver Coins, and through these guys efforts at least we still see these dreams are still possible.

I also really like bringing to light the history of our past, and fully support archaeological work wherever it may be or by whoever it is done, be it amature groups, academic institutions, charitable trusts or commercial archaeological salvors, but what I do hate and will fight for the rest of my life is any one group trying to stop another group from living there dreams.

There is plenty of wrecks and plenty of history for us all, so live and let live and concentrate on living your dream instead of getting all bitter and twisted about people trying to live out theirs.

VOC

PS: There is nothing stopping the purist, putting together a similar invester funded deep sea wreck survey and recording operation, if you are so sure that the public are supporting you and your principles. I am sure you could all manage to turn that into a TV series !

Ossy, you are probably right about my Pirate Blood, buts thats a story for another day.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread