108.9 KB · Views: 343

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A good bunch of guys. Nothing to worry about. Yar!

OP
OP
G

Goldfinchs1

Jan 29, 2008
A good bunch of guys. Nothing to worry about. Yar!

Not worried, just interested in what they're working on. I have a few wrecks that I've been diving for years. Just wondering if someone finally started salvage ops....and what those wrecks really are.

OP
OP
G

Goldfinchs1

Jan 29, 2008
I doubt if there is anything clandestine about their work. As Aquanut said "go ask em".

Not suggesting anything clandestine. Ive just seen them in passing and they're working offshore. Not so easy to just ask. Again, if anyone knows of their plan, please chime in. Otherwise, thanks for looking.

OP
OP
G

Goldfinchs1

Jan 29, 2008
Figured it out. Found them diving on one of my usual haunts today. There's a strong box that's been missing for years on this wreck and I guess they're after that. If anyone has contacts with them, please let me know if they find it.
Thanks,

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Figured it out. Found them diving on one of my usual haunts today. There's a strong box that's been missing for years on this wreck and I guess they're after that. If anyone has contacts with them, please let me know if they find it.
Thanks,

It seems to me, if you've been going over that wreck for some time, that you could lend a great deal of assistance to the guys on the Rio Bravo. Why don't you offer your help?
Aquanut

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe is not employed by the owner of the Rio Bravo anymore.The owner is running the boat.

OP
OP
G

Goldfinchs1

Jan 29, 2008
Thanks guys. I'm a diver and digger, but certainly no researcher. I have found quite a few wrecks that I would like some assistance identifying, and or figuring out if they're worth digging. If anyone would be willing to help with this I'd like to talk with you. I have artifacts off a few that will be instrumental in identifying them. PM me if you'd like to help with the research.

And if anyone knows anyone on the Rio Bravo, I'm willing to help with the search for the box if they need an extra diver.
Thanks

JT

Mar 14, 2005
Johns Island, South Carolina
If I remember correctly, the Georgianna went down with a potentially unrecovered strongbox, but if you're going out of Murrell's Inlet that's a tad farther up the coast.

Contact Lee Spence, if anyone knows anything about SC wrecks he's probably the guy.

PM me some of your info, and I'll see what I can dig up. And if you need an extra diver sometime, I live outside of Charleston and would be willing to help.

OCEANJAS

Greenie
Sep 15, 2008
St Thomas/ Port Isabel, Tx
Detector(s) used
depends
rio bravo

my girls come to life, dont know much but if i show i know nothing, hope to make it, tough getting my boat in st thomas settled in for storm season first

Last edited:

Dark Diver

Jun 27, 2012
Murrells Inlet
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would bet that they have been working the Copper Pot. There was alot of intrest in that wreck again this past winter.

OP
OP
G

Goldfinchs1

Jan 29, 2008
I would bet that they have been working the Copper Pot. There was alot of intrest in that wreck again this past winter.

They are working the copper pot. Bill Kenon and I have spoken and we're going to get together and search some additional targets in the area after they finish on the CP. Thanks for yall's help.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
They are working the copper pot. Bill Kenon and I have spoken and we're going to get together and search some additional targets in the area after they finish on the CP. Thanks for yall's help.

So you finally took my advice afterall???//...

Aqaunut

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread