Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks to Treasurenet I have been able to meet THunters from around the U.S. and around the world.....Not only meeting them but creating great friendships and been able to share great experiences like our unforgettable weekend with Scott and the Rio Bravo......On this trip to Santo Domingo I had the great pleasure to meet my new good friend Lubos...AKA....Bobadilla who is a new member of Tnet and the author of the book I am holding in my hand "Tesoros Escondidos y Perdidos en Santo Domingo"

I will also share some underwater pics of a cannon and anchor found by my friend Chris
Sorry cant give you the "X" spot ;D

And other nice pics....ENJOY!!!!!

All the best,

Chagy........

Attachments

• Chris, Lubos(Bobadilla) and Luis (Chagy).jpg
    Chris, Lubos(Bobadilla) and Luis (Chagy).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 482
  • Chris site S.D. 01.jpg
    Chris site S.D. 01.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 469
  • Chris site S.D..jpg
    Chris site S.D..jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 493
  • Chris.jpg
    Chris.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 484
OP
OP
Chagy

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Old map from Espanola.....Galleon anchor....and...artifacts recovered from La Concepcion

Attachments

• China from La Concepcion.jpg
    China from La Concepcion.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 480
  • Galleon anchor.jpg
    Galleon anchor.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 482
  • old map from Espanola.jpg
    old map from Espanola.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 516
OP
OP
Chagy

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Now this is really cool!!!!! the tools of the mint and a coin form La Concepcion from the assayer Antonio de Erqueta 1676 ( I thought Scott might like it)

Attachments

• 1676 Entonio de Erqueta.jpg
    1676 Entonio de Erqueta.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 484
  • tools of the mint 01.jpg
    tools of the mint 01.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 486
  • tools of the mint.jpg
    tools of the mint.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 482
OP
OP
Chagy

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
And some nice French swivel guns....

Attachments

• French swivel guns.jpg
    French swivel guns.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 460

mnm

May 17, 2006
Wow , hammering those coins looks labor intense . The diameter on the octagon shaped piece looks a little bigger in the top photo , then normal in the following . I can totally see the process more clear now , Thanks Chagy for sharing !!! Is this musuem in S. Florida ???

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Santo Domingo is in the Dominican Republic, next to Haiti.

Great pics, Luis! Good times - here we come ;D

OP
OP
Chagy

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Smithbrown said:
Nice pictures, but not French swivel guns. Those are lantakas from SE Asia! You can easily tell them by the hollow cascable at the breech. Here are some real French swivel guns: http://www.culture.gouv.fr/culture/archeosm/archeosom/en/brescou-s.htm

Best wishes
Smithbrown
(with the fireworks from the day-before-Guy-Fawkes going off)

You are probably right our tour guide didn't know to much I had to correct him a few times ;D I think I new more of the history than him.....when he showed me the coins recovered from La Concepcion he said they were unfinished coin.....I had to explain to him they were worn down from all the years underwater :D
but its OK he was trying to get a nice tip :D

All the best,

Chagy......

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey those are some really neat pictures Chagy. Thanks for posting them. Is that a bottle of Corona on Chris's boat?

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello Chagy and all the others,

Once again, Luis,thanks for good moments we spent together in Santo Domingo. I hope that we will be able to repeat it in the future. Especially many thanks for the photo of all three of us, I look at least ten years younger there.....

Regarding post of Doc, I wrote him my experience from my last trip with two English divers but I wrote him this email like private. If I would have wanted to post it for everybody, I would have done it myself. I think that this experinece is not one that I could be proud of. I told this bad experience that I had with gold fever only to you, to my friend Mike and I sent it to Doc because he was very helpful to me with the datas about lost Bobadilla fleet. It was a reason why I did not post it so widely, because I do not consider it like topic for general discussion. So I am a little surprised to read it on forum now. DO YOU REMEMBER, CHAGY, OUR DISCUSSION in the hotel concerning your similar experience??!

I would love to share more time with you, guys, but my telephone line is still cut by tropical storm that passed here in Santo Domingo ten days ago so I have no internet at home. I am writing you now from one internet center (if I could call it like that...) where the computers were probably bought during the Second World War, according to the speed and reliability....

Best regards to all,

Lobo

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Doc,

I tried to put it clear that I do not wantr to discuss this unpleasant experience with divers´gold fever any further. So, please, just FORGET IT!

Yes, I admit that I made a mistake because I meant to send this information privately to you and suddenly it appeared on th HHI forum in nopen. My fault, I am nor familiar with this bloody computer system where to put answer in private and where it would appears in public. I feel myself much better under the water than in front of computer.

Regards
lobo

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
OK Doc, no problem, still friends. Misunderstandigs should be solved right away. By the way, do you know anything about old shipwrecks they are said to be found by Christopher Columbus in Dominican waters during his first voyage?

Regards
Lobo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread