Who is the rep?

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Aquapulse in Tampa? That's going to mess up repairs for alot of the 1715 people. Bill was in Vero which was a major plus for his business and for the majority of the 1715 salvors. His repairs were often done in a day and he would sometimes bring them to your boat.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jason:
Who is the rep?

Ahhha yes Hfor8, but most of the Aquapulse units are being used on the WEST coast of Florida. There are probably more wrecks on the west coast than the Atlantic coast.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Aquapulse in Tampa? That's going to mess up repairs for alot of the 1715 people. Bill was in Vero which was a major plus for his business and for the majority of the 1715 salvors. His repairs were often done in a day and he would sometimes bring them to your boat.

This new format is not right. I meant to quote Hfor8.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aqua-Pulse Repair

If you need to get your Aqua-pulse or other equipment serviced or repaired try Don Mason. He was trained by Bill At EO industries on the Aqua-Pulse and has had an electronics repair shop for many years.He is in Merritt island

You can reach him at 321-267-8233

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Fisheye:
Thanks for the tip! Good to know... he's in my neighborhood.

OP
OP
ScubaFinder

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks for that Fisheye, I didn't even know about Don. I am the new representative, I just spent the better part of the last few months training with Bill Seliger. We went through a dozen or so AQ1B's and a few DX-200 handheld mags as well. I'm an electronics repair guy, been doing component level repairs on PCB's for more than 15 years. Since Bill's passing I have repaired detectors for 2 different 1715 salvors, and 2 from the west coast as well. I've been in the Dominican Republic for 10 days and am heading to Chicago tomorrow. After I get back, I'll be here and repairs will be very quickly.

Anything in house right now might experience a slight delay, but after this week we will be back on schedule. Detectors can still be dropped off in Vero Beach at West Bay Trading Co. There will be a slight delay for shipping (1 day each way), but repairs will still be done quickly. Obviously we are experiencing some transitional pains while moving the repair station to Tampa, but we'll be back to providing fast and excellent service in no time. I was trained by the best, and I fully intend to uphold Bill's incredible level of service and support.

Jason Nowell
AquaPulse USA
417 Hobbs St.
Tampa, FL 33619
(940) 782-5466

Attachments

• AP_logo3.jpg
    AP_logo3.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 179

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jason, that is great news. I need to have one of my Aquapulses serviced as soon as the season is over. Did Bill cover DX2000 mag repairs with you as well?

Tom

OP
OP
ScubaFinder

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi Tom,

I went through the entire test and diagnostic procedure on 2 different DX-200's. One was just a simple connector problem, the other had lost a potentiometer. I have test procedures and parts for everything AquaPulse makes. Both of the DX-200 mags are repaired and back in service. I also have the repair guys from the factory available anytime should I need assistance, but so far that hasn't been necessary.

We have some big news coming up soon, Dave Sweetin is onboard now and is helping with the sales and marketing. Many of you have probably met Dave at any of the diving trade shows or seminars. He's a great resource, and we hope to announce some big things in the coming months.

If you are going to DEMA, we'll be right next door to Dive Rite so stop by and see us!

Last edited:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jason, I know you are inland some, and fairly safe from any storm damage, but I do hope you make it without any damage. I have to worry about my boat and the house, we have a huge Laurel Oak in the back yard, and it could lose branches. Plus all the parrot breeding cages. We have a female sitting on 5 eggs right now. The boat is my biggest worry, the 2 big hardtops are a huge wind drag, and could tear off and do damage to the cabin top if they do, if we get a direct hit. I will be probably staying on it Sunday night through Monday at least. Or at least checking a lot. Glad you are not in DR now! Stay safe and stay in touch, Steve. We do need to get together when this blows over.

OP
OP
ScubaFinder

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi Guys,

Just a quick Aqua Pulse Update. I have been getting quite a few detectors in for repair lately with a variety of very avoidable problems, one unit was flooded and damaged beyond repair because the O-ring was not replaced when the unit was serviced by a non-Aquapulse repair guy. When we inquired about a warranty repair, the warranty was void because the unit was repaired at a non-authorized service center.

When we asked AquaScan UK (the manufacturer) they replied that AquaPulse USA is the ONLY authorized sales and service depot for AquaScan products in the USA and Caribbean. If you choose to have your detector repaired elsewhere, your warranty is voided and there will be an additional charge for us to repair your detector if it has been opened by a non-authorized repair agent. We are seeing non-standard battery packs, improperly sealed units and I can assure you some of the units were not properly pressure tested prior to being shipped to the customer.

If you care about the longevity of your Aqua Pulse detector, please send it to us or any other authorized Aqua Pulse service center.

Jason

Aqua Pulse USA
417 Hobbs St.
Tampa, FL 33619
(940) 782-5466

Last edited:

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason,
Is there a USA website that has online ordering?
I believe we will be looking for a new coil and headset before the 1715 season starts.

Thanks,
Chris

OP
OP
ScubaFinder

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi Chris,

We are not currently offering online ordering in the US. There are just too many options, and hardly anyone orders a "kit" exactly as it is packaged from the factory. Today's online shpping carts don't do well with "substituions", and they end up charging you more than we would to make a change to a kit. For this (and a few other reasons) we are just doing phone and or email orders.

Attached is the US Retail Price list with part numbers. You can email me an order based on this list and I will get back to you immediately.

Jason

Attachments

• AQ1B_US_RETAIL_PRICELIST.doc
    166 KB · Views: 239
OP
OP
ScubaFinder

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just an update, if anyone has any trouble at all getting a hold of me, you can always call our main office number at (813) 684-9347 and speak to either Lori or Ron and they can track me down immediately.

Jason

1divermike

Apr 7, 2014
North Jersey
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jason, Bought my Aqua Pulse from Bill just before Katrina hit and haven't used or charged it much over the passed years. Some time ago I spoke to Bill about putting Lithium Batteries so i don't have to worry about memory but never got around to it. Do they sell any meters. I had a Aqua Pulse( old model very big) and it came with a meter to check charge and such. I quess my real question is can I bring back the Ni Cads that are in the unit now. If not can I send to unit to you to get new batteries. Please let me know..
Mike

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mike, I called Bill and asked him what he would charge to replace my old batteries. He said $110. So I opened it up myself and replaced the battery pack with NiMH batteries. It cost me $14. The batteries are "C" cells and you can't get that size in lithium batteries. Do it yourself.

Kellyco Joe

Jul 30, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
E-Trac
Tesoro Tejon
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco now sells and is a USA authorized repair center for the Aquascan line of products.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread