1715 cape canaveral wreck still puzzles me...

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have three copies, one I bought, another I purchased for kindle on line and Terry Armstrong gave me a copy at the cookout, with all these copies you would imagine I would actually get the information correct ....ha ha.

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have three copies, one I bought, another I purchased for kindle on line and Terry Armstrong gave me a copy at the cookout, with all these copies you would imagine I would actually get the information correct ....ha ha.

I want to write other 3 parts of Galleons and sunken treasure. One also with land treasures.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Send me ashore anywhere near here you like so I can report back with photos for your next book.ha ha......

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
according to the "record" the 4 guys that washed up on the cape were found by soldiers from St Augustine --after floating on a hatch cover from the vessel FOR 2 DAYS they were reported to be from the conception * --this fact was reported to salmon * from st augustine --- that's why when he made his sept 20th,1715 report to the king of spain --he said --of the fleet--- 9 vessels are known to have sunk -- ( all 5 of Ubilla's and both treasure vessels of Echeverz's fleet plus the smallish dutch prize "San Miguel" sank down south close together (that's 8 plus the conception makes 9) and he also states that 2 of the "galleons" are missing ( note Echeverz's fleet was called "the galleons de terra firme" )-- the 2 missing are the tobacco hauling nao SAN MIGUEL and THE FRENCH PRIZE VESSEL KNOWN AS "EL CIERVO" --HE SAID IT WAS FEARED THAT THEY SANK ON THE "HIGH SEAS" DUE TO THE FACT THAT WRECKAGE OF A LARGE VESSEL OR VESSELS WAS FOUND ON THE NORTH COAST OF ST AUGUSTINE

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread