Deep Blue Marine

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
If you look back over previous topics, you will find that DBM has featured in several of them. Also, WreckDiver 1715 put up a posting very recently which was a magazine or newspaper article about TH companies that have gone public. Their profit records speak for themselves. I think there is a quote from DBM's CEO in the article, that anybody investing in them should only invest money they can afford to lose.

Mariner

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
The thing here is what DBM has said "DO NOT INVEST ANYMONEY THAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE".
This happens with most Treasure recovery companies.
When one of these companies sells stock/shares this simply means that you can expect NOT to make any money at least none anytime soon and maybe not at all.
How much money did Investors lose with many of Mel Fishers many corporations (millions)
This is where an LLC has a great advantage. Regardless of what the cost of Membership is the Membership NEVER goes down but CAN increase in value.
EXAMPLE:
Lets us say that you purchased 100 units at $10.00 per unit ($1,000.00). AUDIA RESOURCES will purchase these units BACK for what you paid for them AFTER ONE YEAR or You can sell any number of this Membership units for whatever you want BUT FIRST the sale must be approved by AUDIQA RESOURCES.
Peg Leg

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I would consider Deep Blue Marine a definate buy at $.05. They are involved in some very big projects and even though they surely will have a negative first year, the next few could be very interesting. They are definately on the trail of something big at the Woman Key site!

I actually got to dive on the anchor and see the bar and chain shot first hand! Great group of guys!

But like anything in the stock market, you have to be prepared to lose it.

Robert in SC

tom yerian

Jun 25, 2005
Fla Keys
Detector(s) used
Whites-Fishers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bob, its Travis.man, your everywhere!Hows the wife and kids? Happy holidays ole buddy.land line me in a couple of days....Travis

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
It is said above that DBM sells their stock for $0.05 . My question is HOW MUCH TO YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE?
In what size blocks?
Peg Leg

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep Blue Marine is listed in the Pink Sheets, and is an over the counter stock (DPBM) is the symbol. If you own an account with say Charles Schwab or TD Amiritrade (I have accounts with both), you can purchase any amount you wish, from one share, to as much as you can afford. For the record, this stock is on my watch list. However, I have not yet hit the BUY button. But I am considering it!

For a little historical information, another stock that I started watching back in 2002 was Odyssey Marine (OMR), and it was also listed in the pink sheets. At that time it was about 0.15 cents per share, and today it is at $3.18 per share, and has been as high as $6.00 per share. I have made several purchases, and sales of this stock on several occasions over the years, and still own a few thousand shares that I will hold onto.

Tom

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Wreckdiver1715,
I believe what you are saying but I find it a little hard to believe that you can purchase 100 shares for $5.00 without paying sometype of handling or transaction fee.
The Broker cannot make any money at this rate.
Peg Leg

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure you can buy $5.00 worth of stock, but yes! you will still have to pay the transaction fee, and that fee may cost you more than the amount of stock you purchase. I just have to ask, Why would you only purchase $5.00 worth of the stock? If that is all you want to buy, just go get a lotto ticket.

Tom

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Deep Blue is at 4.5 cents. They have been pretty stable around 5 cents, so it's low right now. In lieu of their recent developments, I would say it's a steal. I believe they will surpass 5 cents soon. I've got my money in with them and expect a nice return in the short term. As many have said already, don't put any money in you can't afford to lose. There's a difference between reckless risk and calculated risk 8)

Godspeed!
Darren

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
WOW,
Just think you might make enough to buy a cup of coffee in a few months.
This is not my idea of investing my money.
You could have purchased a couple of pounds of silver a few months ago and have a meal with your coffee :o
Of course if you invested about $10,000.00. You might make enough to dine out and take the family with you.
If you had invested in SILVER with that $10,000.00 then you would see a very good return in a very SHORT time. RIGHT OR WRONG?
Peg Leg

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sorry, Don, I'm not sure you understand. You buy stocks in bulk, not just one share at a nickel. If you put $5000 in at 4.5 cents (111,111 shares) and it goes up to a nickel, then you make about $5575 after commissions for a net of $575. Not a bad return. I think that's a more than a few cups of coffee. Of course, if it goes down to 4 cents and you panic and sell, then you lose a little over $550. The key is to buy more if it goes down to even out your buy-low average...if you have reason to believe it will indeed go back up. To keep from panicking, just have an exit strategy to minimize loss and execute on your plan, not emotions.

Hope this helps,
Darren

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I know what you are saying.
When investing in anything you expect to make a profit.
The best investment that I know of is OLD AMERICAN SILVER COINS.
OR
A really good metal detector and walk the beaches. If you are lucky you might hit something but look at all the fun you will be having.
Everything else is a CRAP SHOOT.
Peg Leg

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don, even with a metal detector you run the risk of a bad investment. First you could drop a couple of hundred bucks on a dog of a detector and you could stumble on a pirates buried treasure your first time out (Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time), or you could buy and outstanding high end detector. Even with the best detector on the planet you are going to have days (even weeks), you go out and find nothing but pull tabs and soda cans, and some days you find clumps of Spanish Pieces of Eight. The Reale question is, over the average of, say a year, have you made enough to pay for a cup of coffee, or enough to invest in a new detector?
Darren knows exactly what he is talking about, and it's called "dollar cost averaging", very few folks ever jump into the market and make a killing from the get go. Unless you are prepared and jump in at the perfect time. The perfect time would be like when Dell computer came out with the IPO (initial public offering), or the day they went public, at $8.00 a share. By the end of that day it was worth under a buck a share. Bad for the folks that paid 8 bucks (or was it?, unless they panicked and hit the SELL button, and many did), but outstanding for those who got in under a dollar a share. Dell closed at $27.24 a share yesterday, and has been in the $40.00 a share range in the past few years. You would have done good even at the $8.00 a share purchase price. People in Austin Texas were bad mouthing this new start up company, who would invest in some kid who was running his business out of his dorm room at UT, and then he dropped out of collage to sell cheap knock off computers.
Stocks like OMR and DPBM will always have people who think it's a bad investment, just like the folks who thought Mike was a fool to drop out of UT. Who knows for sure?, Doc could be right on the money with his call, and Jeff and I could stand to loose lots of money :'(.
NOT! ;)
But thats just my way of looking at it.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I am just pulling everyones chain. ;D

O.K. then how about this.

Lets say that there is a Treasure Hunting Company that is offering stock/shares for $1.00 per share but the problem is they do not have a History as yet. They however ARE in the process of acquiring the right paper work to complete a proper search This company has some good equipment including several boats with the smallest being 22' and the other being 35'.
Two members are Certified divers and have a very good background.
(You will notice that I have not mentioned any names ;D ;D.)
DBM must have offered a FEW million shares TO EVEN GET STARTED.
The company that I am talking about has a safe storage location already paid for to put everything that is recovered at this location for inspection by WHOEVER?
Here is what this company knows about the wreck they want to recover.
1. It is in shallow water.
2. It is believed to be about 400 years old.
3. This is based on th size of the ship and the over all design.
4. It has at least one bronze cannon
5. There has been one item recovered but that was 30 years ago.
a. The item was a 18" diameter Mayan plate. At today price it would be valued at an estimated $1,000,000.00 USD.
6. The comany has the EXACT location of this wreck.

What the company believes:
1. It is a CORTES ship.
OR
2. It is a Spanish ship
OR
It is a VERY WELL KNOWN ship that disappeared from the History books a very long time ago. YOU HAVE TO REALLY LET YOUR IMAGATION RUN WILD TO EVEN COME CLOSE TO THIS ONE.

The Company Plans:
After establishing who owns this ship the company plans to raise the ship as complete as possible.
During this process the company will remove as much mud and silt as possible BEFORE the ship is raised.
Common sense will tells you that wet mud is very heavy.
In fact there are plans to build a Cofferdam around this ship even before they start to bring it up.

The Company is still in the planning stage as to how it will approach this ship wreck. But since the vis is "0" it cannot be approached in the established manner that a ship wreck is normally recovered.

DISCLAIMER:
This is in no way an offering to sell stock/shares in any company anywhere and shall not be construed as such.

Well how about that- I did not mention the company a single time.
Now you can have A FIELD DAY and take this apart anyway you feel like doing.
I wish to thank everyone for their responses and for their ideas.
I DO listen.
Peg Leg

Narked1

Oct 11, 2005
Alexandria, Egypt
OK, this thread caught my eye because it is closed to home concerning my after work "hobby".

Looking at DPBM stock as a result of reading this thread (plus a bit of research), I would have to agree that for the price it is a steal at the moment. However, I wouldn't invest in it to make a quick win. So I would consider this a bit of a long term stock investment to hold on too. Looking at the history of DPBM it appears that they only peak for that "really big" profit once every few years. But with their more recent developments that may change. What I do like about the stock is that it appears to be fairly consistent in that it remains relatively low until it peaks. And when it does, if you hold a few thousand shares, you stand to make a profit.

For Peg Leg here: If you were to purchase 250,000 shares at yesterday's "ask" price of 0.055 (not the closing price of 0.045) that would be a cash investment of just under $14K (plus commission fees). Now, for example, you hold that stock until it peaks at $1.01 as it did in 2001. Do the math and find that you would have made around $235K after subtracting your initial investment. Then you have to figuire in the commission fee and projected taxes that Uncle Sam is going to want from you. Still ends up being a pretty good deal. Simple math.....buy low, sell high. The question that an investor has to ask themselves is: "How much can I afford to lose?" My personal outlook is that once I've made a Buy, that money is lost for good. If it goes up and I win, Great! If it goes down, I may have lost....or more often than not, I just hold onto it until it either goes away entirely, goes up again (Which can take years in some cases), or the company is absorbed by a buyout. As was stated earlier, have an exit strategy and don't sell on emotion.

Living here in Egypt is a day trader's paradise. I finish work at 4 PM and get home just as the market is opening there. Nothing like finishing a good day's work (as most of them are for me), coming home and relaxing in front of the computer with a couple of cold ones, and watching the market until it's time for bed. Couple of days a week is enough to supplement my income with a nice piece of change. But it took years and years of building a financial powerbase that can make a regular profit with few losses. Patience is a virtue holds true in this case.

OTC's of the type that DPBM appears to be, can make a LOT of money. Be aware of the risks, be prepared to write off the investment, be educated on the tax issues, and be prepared to hold on to the stock for the long haul if necessary. The other things that everybody here that invests regularly already knows....maintain diversification of your stock holdings, and balance dividends with profit making stocks (those that you buy and sell on a regular basis). But before all of that, have a long-term plan for what you want....retirement income, quick cash, hiding cash from the wife (Great electronic "cookie jar" :-) , etc.

For those with limited investment capital, or are new to online trading, I recommend only buying what you can afford too, using funds that you can afford to lose. Stay away from that "Options" button. That will get you into BIG trouble if you don't know what you are doing. Me, myself, I...I only buy and sell on a cash only basis. If you can't sit in front of a computer to day-trade, then use the "Limit" buy/sell button so that you can place an order and walk away from it. If the stock gets to your pre-ordered buy/sell price it will be done automatically while you are off at work, shopping, TH-ing, whatever.

As usual, I'm being long-winded here. I apologize for that. Just re-read what I've written and I apologize (again) for sounding like a bit of a stock broker. Day-trading has been good to me. Can't wait until Monday so that I can purchase some DPBM stock! But that is not a recommendation for anyone to go out and purchase it. It's just what I'M going to do.

Later,
Mike

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Mike, I for one do not have that much money laying around that I would want to take a chance and 2001 to 2007 is a very very long time. Hell with the RULE OF 72 IF YOU LET YOUR MONEY JUST SITE IN A BANK IT WILL DOUBLE IN 72 MONTHS so why take the chance.
Just thinking out load as usual.
Peg Leg

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you've got some money to play with, Deep Blue (DPBM) is trading at .038 today. I wish I had bought it that low!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread