DELL

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been around here very much since being maliciously branded a trouble maker, but I thought I would give it a brief try..
I've given myself the challenge of finding a Treasure wreck with a 13 foot dinghy and no metal detector and no financial resources except for a limited credit card. Barring bad weather, break downs, I think I can pull it off by relying on experience. We'll see?

I'm leaving Wednesday, in search of shallow water shipwrecks on the west coast of Florida, in the vicinity of Homosassa, and Crystal river. Let the adventure begin. Dell :goldbar:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck! What pirate worth his rum wouldn't be branded as a trouble maker? Badge of honor I call it!

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good Luck, take a GPS. You don't want to be one of those legends.

He took a nap and found out he had drifted on to a reef a metal ingots. He picked one up and took it home, he later found out it was solid silver. He tried but never could relocate the place where he found the silver bar.:icon_scratch:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell I know nothing about you being branded a trouble maker here. Having met you at our annual picnics John puts on you are a pleasure to talk to and certainly not a troublemaker...

dagfoto

Oct 9, 2009
PSYCHIC IMPRESSIONS ABOUT POSSIBLE SHIPWRECKS? 1 Year, 9 Months ago Karma: 11
INDIAN ROCKS BEACH, FLORIDA

approximate location 27* 54' 18.91" N - 82* 50' 59.17" W (Google Earth)

Between 22nd ave & 23rd ave North, beach acesses
about 115 yards offshore.

Portuguese, circa 1741
possibly 5 Iron cannon at this location
1000 lbs, or more in Silver coinage (loose)

800 lbs, or more of Gold buried under the beach and in the water in Copper containers
some Gold coins scattered in the water close to the beach.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well . Dell .. I acually went out here to this one the other day .. nice close parking , short walk to the beach ..

found 13 Cents , couple large metal washers , and a fishing lure ... Hope you do better !

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell.Good Luck,My Friend.. Mike in Crystal River

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't been around here very much since being maliciously branded a trouble maker, but I thought I would give it a brief try..
I've given myself the challenge of finding a Treasure wreck with a 13 foot dinghy and no metal detector and no financial resources except for a limited credit card. Barring bad weather, break downs, I think I can pull it off by relying on experience. We'll see?

I'm leaving Wednesday, in search of shallow water shipwrecks on the west coast of Florida, in the vicinity of Homosassa, and Crystal river. Let the adventure begin. Dell :goldbar:

Dell. Get some good u/w illumination and place a glass bottom in that skiff. Better yet, make a Meylack-style salvage platform. Please send me a PM, I have an area of interest that I believe has been overlooked by many.

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are many new faces here, so you are not a troublemaker to any of us...yet! Good luck with your venture. If I remember right, there are some very fine eating places down your way. Those Gulf shrimp are good almost anyway they are made! I hope you find that treasure and keep your mouth shut about it. Remember the motto of the tax man..."Ahm from the Gov'mint and Ahm heah to hep you." That goes back to the Jimmy Carter days, so many of the pups won't relate.

Love the hat!

OP
OP
Dell Winders

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea, but my guess the landscape gardners & maintenance dept. would frown on the idea. Any good locations they would no doubt rreserve for themselves.

Check with Kellyco, in Winter Springs.They may have some suggestions. It's going to be warm here this weekend. Have fun! Dell

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea, but my guess the landscape gardners & maintenance dept. would frown on the idea. Any good locations they would no doubt rreserve for themselves.

Check with Kellyco, in Winter Springs.They may have some suggestions. It's going to be warm here this weekend. Have fun! Dell
Thanks allot, Dell and keep up the search and I hope that one day our paths will cross.
Chears,
ZDD

OP
OP
Dell Winders

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1715 CABIN WRECK, Food for thought

I see many of the Salvors are focusing on the Cabin Wreck, this year. Years ago I Dowsed a location I was picking up as Silverware, in front of Kip's cabin. Billy Becker, aboard Roy Volkers boat, dove at the location and recovered Silverware.

I thought it would be interesting to see what I could mentally pick up regarding the Cabin Wreck. I'll post some of that information here, either for your entertainment, or serious interest in the possibilities. Your choice, as not too many of you will believe and that is alright with me. Maybe someone will prove me right?

First, I am picking up two (2) ships (Not just one) of the 1715 fleet sank in that area about 2 1/4 miles apart. Both sank from striking an off shore Reef, that is in 40-50 feet of water. If true, the Keels and tons of Silver bars can be found at this off shore reef. The Stern castles broke off and drifted closer to shore, some times breaking apart again. Cumulative, I count more than 150 intact containers of Gold coins, and a number of Bronze Cannon aboard the Stern Castles. 65 containers of Gold Coin in just one location. Dell

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread