Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
To keep from clicking back...

Anyone wishing to make a donation can send a check to:

Tom Gidus
11665 Ficus ST.

Unit D
Palm Beach Gardens, FL. 33410

If you prefer a tax-deductible donation, make a check out to "Gateway Church," and put "mad4wrecks fund" on the memo line of your check. Send this to me at:

Darren Talley
PO Box 637
Willow Spring, NC 27592

I'll have the church print out an entire list of donations and bring it to the cookout along with one check for Tom. Do not put Tom's name anywhere on the check as this goes against IRS regulations for churches.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I got a call from Capt. Kym to work the 1715 fleet tomorrow but I am too weak after my last series of tests. Just going to stay hydrated with some beers tomorrow and watch the weigh-in for the Bluewater Babes Fish for a Cure Breast cancer tournament at the Square Grouper tomorrow.

I have a couple of items to auction/raffle as well and will probably mail them to you John just in case I cannot make the benefit. Looking to have my surgery no later than mid October. Not sure if chemo is required yet.

For all who want to contact me, my TNET inbox is full. email [email protected] or write me at the address that Darren provided.

Thanks to everyone here for their wonderful support, donation, prayers, cards, letters etc..... Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

Tom

Tom,
Trembull said he's reserving you a room at the Pennwood for that Saturday night!

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I've sent private emails to a lot of you guys out there. Many of which have enjoyed the past cookouts. I'm curious as to know why you haven't bothered to contact me one way or the other??? Would you do me the consideration of at least answering my inquiries? Excuse me if I sound a little pushy, but there isn't a lot of time left to put this thing together.
Thanks.
Aquanut

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
John- I'll be making it. I've never been able to make past cookouts partly due to my own health problems. I've not had the same diagnosis as Tom, but I had a similar condition which resulted in numerous surgeries in a short amount of time and a long rehab. I, too, didn't have insurance and had to pull some rabbits out of the hat to swing the treatment. I plan on digging through my treasure and picking out a piece or two to offer for raffle/auction. I look forward to meeting the others.

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom,
Trembull said he's reserving you a room at the Pennwood for that Saturday night!

Tom,
I am stopping into Pennwood Lodge this Monday, On the way up to Orlando..
Would like to pay for the room for you and Ms. Monica.
Let's pray that God will direct your path there November 3.
If your health is to weak that weekend. Then I will have John raffle off that room towards this Benefit for you my friend.
Unless you would like to hand it over to someone. ( A day of drinking = a place to sleep it off)
Will have you make that call when that time comes.
See you there my Brother
Daryl

Last edited:

Shawmen

Sep 7, 2010
Tango Charlie
Johnny~
I'm trying to get spooled up to speed on everything going on here as I haven't kept a tight eye on this forum this summer. Won't even be back to the house till the 5th, so attendence will be a no-go, but I've got you covered on the grog, as was with the cookout, with a little extra so you don't have to come out of pocket for any of it. As is with alot of us out here under the Obama Regime, things are so tight that only dogs can hear us fart, but I'll come up with SOMETHING to add in to the raffle/auction chest. I've still got all your contact info and will advise you as soon as everything is enroute.

Tom~
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you yet, but I have followed your posts here and fully value and appreciate all your input on TC matters! Please try to keep a positive outlook, stay "hydrated" PRN, and keep the faith that this IS a beatable disease!!!! My prayers and anything I can do to help are with you!

Johnny, you missed your calling...You should've been an Event Planner!! Thanks for all you're doing to put this gig on!!

Santini~

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Johnny~
I'm trying to get spooled up to speed on everything going on here as I haven't kept a tight eye on this forum this summer. Won't even be back to the house till the 5th, so attendence will be a no-go, but I've got you covered on the grog, as was with the cookout, with a little extra so you don't have to come out of pocket for any of it. As is with alot of us out here under the Obama Regime, things are so tight that only dogs can hear us fart, but I'll come up with SOMETHING to add in to the raffle/auction chest. I've still got all your contact info and will advise you as soon as everything is enroute.

Tom~
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you yet, but I have followed your posts here and fully value and appreciate all your input on TC matters! Please try to keep a positive outlook, stay "hydrated" PRN, and keep the faith that this IS a beatable disease!!!! My prayers and anything I can do to help are with you!

Johnny, you missed your calling...You should've been an Event Planner!! Thanks for all your doing to put this gig on!!

Santini~

Santini, you too funny! You have got to make the Spring Cookout!
Johnny

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
John- I'll be making it. I've never been able to make past cookouts partly due to my own health problems. I've not had the same diagnosis as Tom, but I had a similar condition which resulted in numerous surgeries in a short amount of time and a long rehab. I, too, didn't have insurance and had to pull some rabbits out of the hat to swing the treatment. I plan on digging through my treasure and picking out a piece or two to offer for raffle/auction. I look forward to meeting the others.

I'm glad you're able to make this one. I remember how tough it's been for you...

scubaozzy

Aug 20, 2007
Tavares,FL.
Detector(s) used
minelab excal.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
To keep from clicking back...

Anyone wishing to make a donation can send a check to:

Tom Gidus
11665 Ficus ST.

Unit D
Palm Beach Gardens, FL. 33410

If you prefer a tax-deductible donation, make a check out to "Gateway Church," and put "mad4wrecks fund" on the memo line of your check. Send this to me at:

Darren Talley
PO Box 637
Willow Spring, NC 27592

I'll have the church print out an entire list of donations and bring it to the cookout along with one check for Tom. Do not put Tom's name anywhere on the check as this goes against IRS regulations for churches.
Darren or aquanaut, are raffle/donation items supposed to be mailed somewhere or just brought in at time of the event? thanks

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
Scubaozzy
I'm neither guy you hailed.
But I believe if you can make it there, Then bring them item(s) with you, But tell John what the item(s) are.
I believe he is making signs..

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Daryl, that was very generous of you. I really do hope Monica and I can make it. I should know on Tuesday what my surgery date will be.

John, I am sending you a few items early next week that you can raffle/auction off, just in case I cannot be there.

Tom

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
For all you guys that are going to donate items to the benefit, It would help if you both took a picture and posted a description so I can list the stuff and generate more interest.
Thanks,
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tom,
I understand where you're coming from. It will all work out.
John

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Hey everybody!
At the very least we'll have BBQ ribs, Fried Chicken, Beeerrr, Cheeseburgers, Hotdogs and bunches of other foodstuffs. Island Music, maybe not live this time, but at least you'll be able to hear it...Maybe SCUBA lessons, and a Treasure Hunt.
There will be cobs, shipwreck treasures, and a whole lot more available as raffle items and auctions.
And last, but not least, all you interesting characters!
BTW, this is a family affair, so don't be afraid to bring the children unless you fear they may grow up to be PIRATES!
Aquanut

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im gonna bring some oysters.Just had some last week and theres no oil in them.An i didnt get sick so all is good.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Hey John, Good news on both fronts! I'm Glad you're bringing the Oysters and I'm glad you didn't get sick off 'em!
John

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Darren or aquanaut, are raffle/donation items supposed to be mailed somewhere or just brought in at time of the event? thanks
Yeah, Let me know what it is you're going to donate with a picture if possible. I'm going to make up a flyer in a couple of days to try to generate interest and maybe get some buyers in. I'll be driving down to Sebastion and Vero Beach to see what I can do this week.
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Flyer

Here's the flyer I'm taking down to Sebastian and Vero to post wherever. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Cookout Flyer.jpg
    Cookout Flyer.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John:
Excellent poster! Keeper! I posted to Facebook. Everybody else should do the same. Just copy the image to your hard drive and upload it to a single posting so it expands on the Facebook page.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread