Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Cookout/Benefit for Mad4wrecks

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    Aquanut

Jul 2005
    Orlando, Florida
    Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
    120 times

Treasure Hunters Cookout/Benefit for Mad4wrecks

Just so folks can respond to this specific fundraiser, I'm creating this new thread. I'll also be monitoring the original thread started by capt Dom.
    We are planning a cookout, just like the one we've been having the past 4 years in the Spring. This one however, is not only for treasure hunter's and enthusiasts but for everyone. This time it's not just for fun, this will be a fund raiser to cure Tom's cancer. Unfortunately Tom, like a lot of treasure hunter's has no medical insurance and this will be a very expensive ordeal. I am looking to you guys to show up and support this fundraiser. Most of you know who Tom is and if you are unfortunate enough not to, I'll tell you....He's one hell of a nice guy who helps everybody that he can and deserves our support! The cookout/fundraiser will be at the Pennwood Motor Lodge in Wabasso, just like last April and will be held on Saturday, November 3rd. Whoever would like to help put this on, PM me or get hold of someone who knows my phone number/email. Most everybody out there already knows it! LOL.
    Last edited by aquanut; Oct 10, 2012 at 09:54 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

May 2008
    18 times
    I am there...want me to bring more crawdads

sea ya
    Last edited by liverock; Sep 29, 2012 at 07:13 PM.

Charter Member
    Aquanut

Jul 2005
    Orlando, Florida
    120 times
    Quote Originally Posted by liverock View Post
    I am there...want me to bring more crawdads

sea ya
    You Bet! I'll make up a sign for them too.
    Aquanut

Charter Member
    us
    Pirate of the Martires

Feb 2005
    Pinellas Park, Florida
    Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II
    135 times
    Shipwrecks
    I'll be there John with all the buddies I can round up from the West coast. Tom is a great guy and a former partner of mine.

us
    Your Answer is YES, I am a Recovering Brain Donor

Jul 2010
    South East Coast
    77 times
    To Find that step, Everyone tells you to look out for
    Trying to get that weekend off. November 3rd.. Would like to see you all again..
    Trembull

Charter Member
    Aquanut

Jul 2005
    Orlando, Florida
    120 times
    Who's coming to the cookout.
    I'll need to know soon!
    Aquanut

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    7439 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I will be there?

Aquanut, Im sticking this thread at the top till after the benifit cookout to keep it from getting lost...

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Feb 2004
    lake mary florida
    Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
    55 times
    I will be there.will see about bringing another 1715 HRD/Mo Molinar coin for the raffle if you are having one.
    Millions of dollars of Spanish treasure await those who would dare brave the eye of the hurricane.

Charter Member
    us
    The continuing adventures of Ropesfish -

Jun 2007
    Sebastian, Florida
    Fisher 1280X and a shrimp fork.
    50 times
    Search for and recovery of underwater assets.
    I'll be there.

us
    ARRG

Feb 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword.
    75 times
    Shipwrecks
    i will be there, possibly with my girlfriend Lynn. I will bring some auction stuff.

Charter Member
    Aquanut

Jul 2005
    Orlando, Florida
    120 times
    Daryl, I need you to make it!
    Thanks Treasure_Hunter. Fisheye, we'll have both an auction and a raffle, along with donations and possibly a cover charge. I don't want to sound hard-nosed, but this IS a benefit and I don't want it to be a waste of time and money. If you know some rich people, bring 'em too. You all know me, I don't do these things for money, but this time it's necessary. I want to have the community to come together and show that we care for one another. This is a chance to do so...
    Aquanut

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    7439 times
    This is a benefit to help Tom not our normal cookout. You dont sound hard nose to me at all....,

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Apr 2009
    Homosassa,Fl.
    minelab sovereign xs & my good old eyes
    9 times
    Were in Mike & Barbara

Charter Member
    Aquanut

Jul 2005
    Orlando, Florida
    120 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    This is a benefit to help Tom not our normal cookout. You dont sound hard nose to me at all....,
    Thanks, I was thinking about editing the post. After all, we're looking to people's generosity to make this all happen.
    Aquanut

Charter Member
    Aquanut

Jul 2005
    Orlando, Florida
    120 times
    For those of you that can't make it to the Benefit Cookout...

It seems like we can't use Paypal for donations. The answer from T'net Tech support:

"I checked with one of the site owners, and we've tried to do this before, only to have PayPal shut down the donation account. Seems they don't allow such accounts as nothing is shipped and they feel they can't verify that we're not just keeping the money. Sorry, we'd love to help, but our hands are tied by PayPal"

However,
    You can send a check made out to Tom Gidus and send it c/o John Redman, 4319 Tony St., Orlando FL 32808 and I'll see he gets it.

T'net, don't worry about my address being known, I've had three of the cookouts here at my house in the past, so everybody already knows where I live!

us
    Mar 2009
    White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite
    27 times
    Aquanut, count me in. I will bring food and auction/raffle items and will round up a group of friends to participate as well. Cover charge is a great idea! Have learned a lot from Tom's input here over the last few years and was glad to finally meet him at your last T-Hunters picnic. Let me know if you need anything else.

Pete Rosario (theseeker)

Charter Member
    Aquanut

Jul 2005
    Orlando, Florida
    120 times
    Quote Originally Posted by theseeker View Post
    Aquanut, count me in. I will bring food and auction/raffle items and will round up a group of friends to participate as well. Cover charge is a great idea! Have learned a lot from Tom's input here over the last few years and was glad to finally meet him at your last T-Hunters picnic. Let me know if you need anything else.

Pete Rosario (theseeker)
    Hey Pete, Good to hear from you. I'll let you know about what I might need when we get a little closer to the date.
    Aquanut

Charter Member
    us

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    7439 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aquanut View Post
    For those of you that can't make it to the Benefit Cookout...

It seems like we can't use Paypal for donations. The answer from T'net Tech support:

"I checked with one of the site owners, and we've tried to do this before, only to have PayPal shut down the donation account. Seems they don't allow such accounts as nothing is shipped and they feel they can't verify that we're not just keeping the money. Sorry, we'd love to help, but our hands are tied by PayPal"

However,
    You can send a check made out to Tom Gidus and send it c/o John Redman, 4319 Tony St., Orlando FL 32808 and I'll see he gets it.

T'net, don't worry about my address being known, I've had three of the cookouts here at my house in the past, so everybody already knows where I live!
    No reason why you can't sell nice pretty Zinc pennies for say $10.00 each and use PayPal..

scubaozzy likes this.

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Feb 2004
    lake mary florida
    Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
    55 times
    You can set up a web site to take donations with paypal.The Zman in sanford did it and brought in over a million bux.
    Millions of dollars of Spanish treasure await those who would dare brave the eye of the hurricane.

Charter Member
    Aquanut

Jul 2005
    Orlando, Florida
    120 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHEYE View Post
    You can set up a web site to take donations with paypal.The Zman in sanford did it and brought in over a million bux.

John, Could you set one up for Tom? The last time I tried to do something with my paypal account I did something that caused them to shut it down. Apparently I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to paypal. I now have my wife do my transactions with her account. LOL
    Aquanut

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors