Cookout/Benefit for Mad4wrecks

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Treasure Hunters Cookout/Benefit for Mad4wrecks

Just so folks can respond to this specific fundraiser, I'm creating this new thread. I'll also be monitoring the original thread started by capt Dom.
We are planning a cookout, just like the one we've been having the past 4 years in the Spring. This one however, is not only for treasure hunter's and enthusiasts but for everyone. This time it's not just for fun, this will be a fund raiser to cure Tom's cancer. Unfortunately Tom, like a lot of treasure hunter's has no medical insurance and this will be a very expensive ordeal. I am looking to you guys to show up and support this fundraiser. Most of you know who Tom is and if you are unfortunate enough not to, I'll tell you....He's one hell of a nice guy who helps everybody that he can and deserves our support! The cookout/fundraiser will be at the Pennwood Motor Lodge in Wabasso, just like last April and will be held on Saturday, November 3rd. Whoever would like to help put this on, PM me or get hold of someone who knows my phone number/email. Most everybody out there already knows it! LOL.

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll be there John with all the buddies I can round up from the West coast. Tom is a great guy and a former partner of mine.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be there?

Aquanut, Im sticking this thread at the top till after the benifit cookout to keep it from getting lost...

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be there.will see about bringing another 1715 HRD/Mo Molinar coin for the raffle if you are having one.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
i will be there, possibly with my girlfriend Lynn. I will bring some auction stuff.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Daryl, I need you to make it!
Thanks Treasure_Hunter. Fisheye, we'll have both an auction and a raffle, along with donations and possibly a cover charge. I don't want to sound hard-nosed, but this IS a benefit and I don't want it to be a waste of time and money. If you know some rich people, bring 'em too. You all know me, I don't do these things for money, but this time it's necessary. I want to have the community to come together and show that we care for one another. This is a chance to do so...
Aquanut

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a benefit to help Tom not our normal cookout. You dont sound hard nose to me at all....,

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were in Mike & Barbara

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
This is a benefit to help Tom not our normal cookout. You dont sound hard nose to me at all....,

Thanks, I was thinking about editing the post. After all, we're looking to people's generosity to make this all happen.
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
For those of you that can't make it to the Benefit Cookout...

It seems like we can't use Paypal for donations. The answer from T'net Tech support:

"I checked with one of the site owners, and we've tried to do this before, only to have PayPal shut down the donation account. Seems they don't allow such accounts as nothing is shipped and they feel they can't verify that we're not just keeping the money. Sorry, we'd love to help, but our hands are tied by PayPal"

However,
You can send a check made out to Tom Gidus and send it c/o John Redman, 4319 Tony St., Orlando FL 32808 and I'll see he gets it.

T'net, don't worry about my address being known, I've had three of the cookouts here at my house in the past, so everybody already knows where I live!

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Aquanut, count me in. I will bring food and auction/raffle items and will round up a group of friends to participate as well. Cover charge is a great idea! Have learned a lot from Tom's input here over the last few years and was glad to finally meet him at your last T-Hunters picnic. Let me know if you need anything else.

Pete Rosario (theseeker)

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquanut, count me in. I will bring food and auction/raffle items and will round up a group of friends to participate as well. Cover charge is a great idea! Have learned a lot from Tom's input here over the last few years and was glad to finally meet him at your last T-Hunters picnic. Let me know if you need anything else.

Pete Rosario (theseeker)

Hey Pete, Good to hear from you. I'll let you know about what I might need when we get a little closer to the date.
Aquanut

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those of you that can't make it to the Benefit Cookout...

It seems like we can't use Paypal for donations. The answer from T'net Tech support:

"I checked with one of the site owners, and we've tried to do this before, only to have PayPal shut down the donation account. Seems they don't allow such accounts as nothing is shipped and they feel they can't verify that we're not just keeping the money. Sorry, we'd love to help, but our hands are tied by PayPal"

However,
You can send a check made out to Tom Gidus and send it c/o John Redman, 4319 Tony St., Orlando FL 32808 and I'll see he gets it.

T'net, don't worry about my address being known, I've had three of the cookouts here at my house in the past, so everybody already knows where I live!

No reason why you can't sell nice pretty Zinc pennies for say $10.00 each and use PayPal..

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can set up a web site to take donations with paypal.The Zman in sanford did it and brought in over a million bux.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
You can set up a web site to take donations with paypal.The Zman in sanford did it and brought in over a million bux.

John, Could you set one up for Tom? The last time I tried to do something with my paypal account I did something that caused them to shut it down. Apparently I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to paypal. I now have my wife do my transactions with her account. LOL
Aquanut

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread