Does anyone need a part time diver.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sorry to hear you are out of work right now. The salvage "season" has basically ended here on the east coast of Florida until next spring.

If you are unemployed, why just part-time if I may ask?

Motivation Inc (Mel Fisher's co) may need full time divers for their 1622 fleet operation in Key West. You can call them at 800-434-1399.

daydreamer

Dec 22, 2005
CHICO- Northern California
Detector(s) used
anything handy
I sent you an email that should be helpful. Scuba is hard to get work in, and its cold low paying work with boat hull scrubbing being the meat of the work, until you go to commercial dive school.
with scuba certs- hourly pay at 10 - 14 dollars an hour / with commercial certs 20 - 90 or more an hour with a base 8 hr day, good luck!

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good luck pmura67...the phrase "I have my own gear and detector, and would love to do some treasure diving" fits about 90% of the people on this forum. :D You can always try to go with us next year to work the Jupiter site if it works out again. Making money diving is not an easy thing to do though, I get about $100 a class helping to certify new students, and have gotten 1 recovery job to go get a Rolex. If you figure it out, let me know how you do it.

Jason

Cablava

May 24, 2005
Thats because the diving part if just like getting on the bus to work, once at work you do something else. So unless you have a skill in something required underwater then to be honest anyone can dive. You have to bring something to the party to get on in the diving world. Or do your own thing, but scrubbing the bottom of a boat is not much fun, especially when the boat weights 500,000 tons and is two football fields long.

I've been in and around diving most of my working life, once you do it for a living the magic goes out of it, unless of course you find the mother load. Diving as a hobby or for casual treasure hunting is fun, but searching the seabed for months on end not finding anything is sole destroying.

I am not trying to put you off but diving is not all good.

OP
OP
P

pmura67

Nov 9, 2006
North Georgia from Fl
Thanks for all the advice. I am not looking to make a living diving my any means. I have the extra time and though I could lend a helping hand. I would line to meet the people who have done the thinks that have dreamed of for years. I had the chance years ago with Mel’s group but I did not have the time then.

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
hi 67,
kinda like cablava said, we always need hard workers that can do part time diving.
if your young and lost we are in the marine industry and can give you some directions to look at, and dive cert is always a plus, if you've got other immediate plans you can always watch for one of the next adventures stemming here on the forum. best of fortune to you.
god bless...............

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pmura67,

If you arent doing anything this weekend,me an 2 other divers from 2 different treasure companies will be doing some salvage work at finns marina in sebastian saturday and sunday.there is no pay but you will get lots of experience.in removing 1 sunken 28 foot sailboat.before thanksgiving we pulled up the mast an boom an all the cable rigging.this weekend we will be cutting up the hull with my underwater hydraulic chainsaw.we have found some treasure in the marina,but it was boat parts an alot of scrap aluminum.an a cell phone that a friend lost the night before.the last dive we pulled up a 200 lb aluminum I beam plus the bow sprit off the sailboat.the kingfisherman parked next to me got the railing off it,we traded it for several 35 lb kingfish which we cooked up for dinner that night.i scored a harkin auto furler too,just got it cleaned up they sell new for over $1500.plus theres some sea life down there.on the beam that we pulled up was this baby fl spiney lobster an a eel.(both were returned to the sea to grow bigger)one of my divers got attacked by a 20 lb grouper,he grabbed it an we had it for dinner that night.like i said theres no pay,just experience an working with some great guys.ill buy the beer,an fire up the grill after the work is done for the day.anyone else is welcome to come an help too.all you need is your wetsuit,fins,gloves,an mask an weightbelt.bring your tanks if you want.we are useing regs on 50 foot hoses.the water is 6-8 foot deep.70 degrees.

Attachments

• babybug.jpg
    babybug.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 210
  • babyeel.jpg
    babyeel.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 206
  • zac.jpg
    zac.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 220
  • sunk28sailboat.jpg
    sunk28sailboat.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 214
  • mastnbeam.jpg
    mastnbeam.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 205

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
update:

The work at the marina was canceled due to one of my divers got a sinus infection.we re scheduled the work for next weekend,so if anyone wants to come down an give us a hand(by hand i dont mean that you stand on the dock an clap when we bring up something good),priv msg me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread