Happy Christmas to all THers!

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello everybody!

Though I know pesonally only Chagy from this Forum and I know Darren, Mike, Tropical Tramp, Diving Doc and Cornelius from our mutual correspondence, I would like to wish to all of you who post or just read this fantastic Forum, MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR, good health, the New Year full of success both in work and in family life, no accident under the water, in the mines, tunnels, jungle or mountains looking for treasures and apart from that I wish to all of you to find at least one small treasure which would make you happy during the next year 2007.

Lobo
from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thank You, Lobo, and a merry Christmas to you. I spent a Christmas down in Dominican Replublic in 1973. Nice place, I realy liked the North coast, all the coasts really, but hope to get down that way again. Steve in sunny Sarasota, Florida.

theGOLD

Dec 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher 8x
Ill second that sentiment. Merry Christmas everybody. Anybody ask for any new equipment this year from the fat man in red??

Merry Christmas to all THers!

-theGOLD

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thank you, Compadre

Merry X-mas to you and your loved ones as well.....

Merry X-mas and happy Hollydays to all the members of Tnet and specially to my good friends Darren, Gdaddyflex, RGecy, Seahunter, Salvor6, Gypsyheart, NCBrad, Scubafinder, BigCypressHunter, RioBravo, DinkyDick, Skip, Realdetayopa, and Mackaydon

Best of the Season,

Chagy........

Warm wishes from Florida!!!!

Attachments

• Beach Santa.jpg
    Beach Santa.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 201

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Merry Christmas to you Bobadilla and to all my friends that hang out on the shipwrecks forum. BUT- one burning question: why is there a German flag on a Spanish galleon in Santo Domingo, Chagy?

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
salvor 6 said:
Merry Christmas to you Bobadilla and to all my friends that hang out on the shipwrecks forum. BUT- one burning question: why is there a German flag on a Spanish galleon in Santo Domingo, Chagy?

I have no clue......I had not notice it until someone asked the same question in my S.D. thread.....I will be back to S.D. in January and provably visit the restaurant again since it was so good....if I do go I will find out, Why?

All the best,

Chagy........

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Lobo, Same to you and yours. Guess a white Christmas is out of the question for you (and me).LOL
I am considering a trip to Dominican Republic to do some diving in May, what area would you suggest? I will probably be traveling and diving alone so want it to be a safe trip. Would also love to hook up with any treasure divers while there.

Lynn

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Here's hoping Santa brings us all the treasure we can carry, and the patience to treat each other with respect in the coming year. :D My Jupiter Brothers have a present coming soon.

All I asked santa for was a 65 foot shrimper with big deisels and blowers, a few Geometrics toys, and a large lease that encompasses the entire Bahamas chain...not too much, I don't want to appear greedy :D

Attachments

• scubasanta.jpg
    scubasanta.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 173

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Here is a article quite appropriate for TreasureNet at this time of year.

By Henry James Forman
From Collier's, December 26, 1914

On every coast, in every land, are legends of hidden treasure. Not a bay or inlet of the sea but some sunken galleon, some long-lost treasure ship is moldering upon the bottom with golden doubloons and yellow ingots pouring from her ribs. But the sea has no monopoly on hidden wealth. Write a tale of buried riches, a "Gold Bug" or a "Treasure Island," and the popular fancy rises to it as to an alluring bait. Scarce a grange or farmstead, scarce a thorp or village, but a rumor of buried gold has touched it with romance.

Truly, the tradition of hidden riches is part of the consciousness of all the races of men and, could we but trace it out, no people would be found devoid of it. But deeper still in the human soul, at the very center of our being, beyond the mind's material picture of wealth, the heart contains and cherishes a less tangible, more spiritual form of the same belief. The golden doubloons become the wealth of the soul, the jewels and the ingots are the rich human qualities that transcend poverty, that transcend success. Without them evolution from the beast had been impossible.

That is the inner Kingdom of Heaven that founders of religions proclaim; that is the treasure of the heart compared with which all others are worthless. From every soul there shines, bright or dim, the gold among the wreckage. And the business of right living is in reality a kind of great salvage enterprise. Send your will down like a diver to the foundered galleon, and, if it be but strong enough, it will return laden with the wealth of the Indies. Send it, and never will it return quite empty-handed. And --greater salvage still-- send the diver into other hearts! Always beneath the hulk of the galleon, however deep, however covered over with weeds and barnacles, the gold lies gleaming for the seeker; and if you find for one his treasure, you make him rich indeed --and you are a sharer in his riches.

And surely this is a truth: If you will raise for everyone at least a fragment of his deep-encrusted, sand-bespattered gold, will you not people the earth about you with the grateful ones you have enriched from their own measure?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread