Prop Wash or "Mailbox" for Outboard Motor

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Prop Wash or "Mailbox" for Outboard Motor

robert,
a blower or mailbox for a outboard engine could be easyly made out of large PVC pipes an 90 degree elbows,if not PVC steel or aluminium pipe welded together,since the range on a outboard engine wont be comparable to say a inboard swinging 30 inch props,you could use extensions on the elbow to get closer to the bottom,keep in mind that the wave action may tear it apart of they arent fastened together real good,same goes for the mailbox connected to your outboard foot,you may want to make some swing down brackets connected to your transom. if you need something for shallow water,a old jet ski works great just add some 4 inch flex pipe to the jet nozzle,takes 2 ppl to do it,i dredged out my dads lake canal with a jet ski,dug it down to 6 foot.

B

billder1

have plans will trade for whatever, just contact me, was going to post a drawing here but too much there, need the whole plan set...single drawing would mess ya up...www,autodidactics.com write bgstuff@ earthlink.net or [email protected] design came to me in a dream one night in the mountains of alabama, that was 2003, I was diving for Mother of Pearl Shell in the TN river that summer and it was fun, learned a lot, under the water ina lot of the lakes and rivers is like -- really bad -- really trashy -- underwater dumps...

the blower i designed works great for up to about 35 hp and is cheap or free, utilizes recycled materials

b

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Fisheye had a good idea with the jet skis....they work fairly well in shallow water. A few years back Bob Weller used a jetboat to excavate in very shallow water on the 1715 Cabin Wreck....until it got swamped.
Try contacting Ed Matthews at Treasure Coast Scoops....he builds them for a living. He may be able to provide plans for you.

Hey Fisheye, I may need your services to build a safety cage for a 32" blower for me. Will let you know in a few weeks.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I called Ed for a quote on a blower for an outboard. His price: $7,000. I went to St. Lucie Welding & Machine for a blower consultation. Price: $10,000 each! I designed my own on Master Cam, bought the material (alum.), cut it out from full size patterns and had it rolled and welded. Cost: $600 for two blowers! I am now opening my own propwash blower shop. Anyone that wants one, contact me.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gdaddy,
let me know,i may already have one that can be modified to fit your needs,we have a blower that we built for a PT boat but sold the boat,msg me for my ph nhumber or call ernie an he will give it to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread