Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yeah, I saw that years ago too, and it really looks like it could be natural-possibly, but it could be man made-carved out of the rock. If it is man made it would have to be older than 10,000 years old, because that is about how long ago the water was 100' lower. Like the ancient indian villages off the west coast of Florida that are 60' deep or deeper.

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hi Salvor 6,

I can not open the site from your post but you must speak here about the ancient ruins in Yonaguni. I opened this topic and had very nice chat about it in History Hunters Forum recently. This site is very often visited by local Japanese diving schools and Kyushu Underwater Archaeology Instutute conducted some research there, too, as I know.They even invited famous underwater historian from Vancouver to join the team. I think it was three years ago. He was the first foreign official underwater archaeologist who visited the site, though it was discovered by chance by Japanese divers almost 20 years ago.

There is another sunken ancient city in Japan, not so famous like Yonaguni. It is off shore in the Izu peninsula. The site is not so big as in Yonaguni but it is said that it could be dated to the same period -10.000 years ago.

Regards
Lobo

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks for the link Pete, it made for an interesting afternoon of.....uhhh,....work. :D

I've been giving thought to a similar idea after watching a show about the neandrathol artifacts they found up in North America. Apparently quite a few prehistoric tribes crossed the ice bridge from Europe to America during the ice age. Some of them moved inland in search of flint, and they are finding cave dwellings that pre-date any known humans in the Americas. My thinking is that if this happened during the ice age, there are probably dwellings of coastal settlements a little ways out under the sea, as it was the northern coastal tribes of Europe that crossed the ice in search of seals. They found spear points that exactly matched the ones made by the European tribes in a cave about 50 miles inland of the East coast of the U.S.

That would be a tough thing to find, but I net there are ancient artifacts somewhere off the U.S. coast as well.

Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread