if stuff like this that keeps me on the boat!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than Jules Verne, have you ever heard of a Giant Squid attacking a person? I don't think so.

Now, go to the Sea of Cortez, and try swimming with the Humboldt Squid. You might never make it back to the boat. Below, is a picture of a six footer attacking an underwater cameraman!

Merry Christmas,

Mike

Attachments

• Squid_027 copy.jpg
    Squid_027 copy.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 468
  • Squid_022 copy.jpg
    Squid_022 copy.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 463

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Squid tastes like calimari :)

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
MORE SCARY STUFF....lol

School of sharks spotted lurking off Treasure Coast

Dozens of sharks swim near the shoreline just north of the Fort Pierce Inlet on Tuesday. Aviation officials with the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office said they saw more than 100 sharks feeding "close to shore" about 10 a.m. between the Fort Pierce jetty and Pepper Park. They are believed to be bull sharks, according to Chief Deputy Garry Wilson.

By ADAM L. NEAL
[email protected]
December 27, 2006

Small, tranquil waves gently rolled ashore Tuesday along most Treasure Coast beaches, but below the water's surface was anything but calm just offshore of the north jetty in Fort Pierce.
More than 100 sharks were seen feeding together "close to shore" Tuesday morning between Pepper Beach Park and the north jetty, St. Lucie County sheriff's officials reported. Deputies with the Sheriff's Office aviation unit spotted the school, which appeared to be bull sharks, about 10 a.m. while on routine patrol with the helicopter, according to Chief Deputy Garry Wilson.

"The sharks were in kind of close to shore. If there is anyone close to them, we warn them over (the helicopter's) P.A. system," he said, adding lifeguards also were alerted. "Usually, the sharks are just feeding — chasing bait fish close to shore. But unfortunately, anyone near them could be accidentally mistaken for food."
There were no shark-related incidents reported Tuesday in St. Lucie County, and officials in Indian River and Martin counties did not report any large schools of sharks in the area. However, authorities warn beach-goers and surfers to be extra cautious this week in area waters as the continual drop in air temperature may bring more sharks closer to shore to feed.

Tony Cristaldi, a senior forecaster for the National Weather Service in Melbourne, said the Treasure Coast will continue to have unusually cool weather through tonight before a warm-up is expected.

Temperatures were in the mid-60s since Monday evening, and the normal high for this time of year is in the high 70s, he said.

"The temperature looks like it is getting down to the lower 40s at night," Cristaldi said, adding the high for Thursday jumps to the mid-70s. "But with northwest winds at 5 to 10 mph, it might feel like it is in the upper 30s with the wind chill (at night)."

During the winter months, authorities have said sharks may be close to shore when a cold front sweeps across the area.

Tuesday's shark sightings didn't stop Robert Alvarez of Fort Pierce and his cousin, Chico, 8, from jumping into the Atlantic Ocean near Pepper Beach Park. Alvarez said he didn't see any sharks, but noticed an abundance of bait fish in the area.

"There are fish everywhere. As soon as we jumped in we saw them," he said, adding they just stay close to shore. "This is the best place to come to the beach. The sand is soft and not rocky like in other beaches to the south."

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shark fins: now one of the most valuable and sought after fish products in the world

About 10 years ago the shark fin trade was limited by the low average wealth of people in shark fin consuming cultures and to a lesser extent a limited technological ability to catch sharks. Today the combination of massively increased average wealth of people in the Far East and today’s highly efficient fishing methods has resulted in a huge over exploitation of many shark populations. The result in many areas has been a downward spiral of reduced shark populations, increasing shark fin prices and increased effective fishing effort. The retail price of a single large Whale shark dorsal fin has increased 50% over the last year in China and can now retail for up to £15,000. The fact that the combined retail value of fins and meat on a large Whale shark is worth many tens of thousands of pounds, is a clear indication of the huge over exploitation pressures, which now confront Whale sharks and many other species of shark.

Attachments

• x3690e2d.gif
    x3690e2d.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 332

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cornelius,

gollums avatar is a animated gif of a adult female kicking the family jewels of a male adult.the female is most likely a dominitrix and the guy shes kicking is enjoying himself.guys like that just love women in heels with spikes.if you enlarge the gif you will see it all.or maybe she caught him stealing her treasure.hes now paying the price for being a pirate.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HMMM intersting how gollum allows us an inside view of his personal life. I wonder if his overpriced Psychologist approves? It appears that he in an overly active extroverted masochist.

Tropical Tramp

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
Cornelius said:
Gollum . This is not treasure related but I have to get it out of my system . That little picture under your name disturbs me to no end . As I see it , it is a grown-up kicking the living daylight out of a kid . Do you think this is fun ? Cornelius
No kids involved at all. I can relate, that's how my ex tried to treat me.
Gord

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread