This is a weird one...Can anybody Identify this???

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the SHIPWRECK Forum, and nothing says that we are limited to discussing shipwreck treasure only. For me, I treasure all the shipwrecks that I dive on, old and new.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Cornelius said:
Cypresshunter . Thank you for the low blow . I did not say that the subject could not be put on the forum . It is just not something that has to do with THunting . There is a place on this forum to ask these questions . It was clear to everybody with a grain of technical knowledge that this object was out of the 20th century . If you ask me , it is a gear shift of a deck winch ( up and down gear ) . That puts it out of the category of treasure don't you think ? But if you think it is treasure so be it . No hard feelings . Cornelius
No hard feelings. You welcomed me the same way when I was a new member. I have been kinda afraid to post on "your" shipwreck forum ever since. :D ;) I didnt want anyone else to be afraid of posting or asking questions. How many times have we found something that we thought was junk and come to find later it to be something. If we can prove its a Caterpillar made part then we will know its not old. You are a respected member of TN Cornelius and no hard feelings from me because I know it is just your unique personality. :)

OP
OP
theGOLD

theGOLD

Dec 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher 8x
Ha, well Ill tell you one thing that is really interesting on these forums. Every subject certainly gets worked through in the end. The thing that I really like about this is that you get such a wealth of prospectives on each subject. Thanks everybody for the contribution, and yes Cornelius, we CERTAINLY ARE buddy's. Wouldnt have it any other way. I NEED to keep you in my corner!! :D

Well, now I get to wish everybody a happy new year. Foud some interesting copper nails and musket balls yesterday. One of the muset balls looks like it may have been chewed(saw that in another thread). Ill post them tomorrow. Do you think I should I post it under shipwrecks or somewhere else?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

-theGOLD

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its just scrap metal,when i find modern stuff like that,it gets thrown into a pile an at the end of the month i take it all to the scrap yard.price of scrap these days is a treasure itself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread