Anyone ever gotten one of these ?

GorskiDvr

Oct 11, 2006
Houston Tx
Noticed this in my spam box ......... It was sent to me on 12.24.06. No name , but two e-mail adresses ..................

"Hello:

I am an independent archival researcher (maritime archivist) and I have a great collection of archival documents related to the spanish ships which sank in XVII and XVIII century in Florida, Bahama, Cuba and Carribean waters. Most of thse documents I have found in Spanish archives like Archivo General de Indias in Seville and Archivo General de Simancas. I also have some unpublished nautical charts from XVII and XVIII century which shows the position of the spanish shipwreks.

If you think you could have an interest in such documentation, please let me know.

All the best and Merry Christmas.

[email protected]
[email protected]"

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
yes and BEWARE. This guy is notorious. I just got the same email the other day. From what I have read on this and other forums, Pawel has been (allegedly) scamming people on the internet for years-mostly people send him money and don't get anything, or they get photocopies of easily obtained or worthless info.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes i got one from him day before yesterday>>> prompty went into the trash bin

OP
OP
GorskiDvr

GorskiDvr

Oct 11, 2006
Houston Tx
Good deal then .......
You know if it walks & quacks like one .............
Sorry for the use of bandwidth , but I felt that people should see that & be aware of it .
Thanks guys ................
Wade

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is he legit?

theGOLD

Dec 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher 8x
I got one of those emails too, same day too. This forum is fantastic for bouncing info like this around.

Thanks

-theGOLD

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if that email is from [email protected] then its real.unless pawel is useing names of reputable treasure people to scam then its not.Ed Michaud of
Framingham, Massachusetts is with trident research,he was very helpful in identifying the 1796 big nose charlie 8 reale that i found that had chinese chop marks all over it.he told me the origin of each chop mark.note:pawel uses the freebie emails like yahoo an hotmail.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sorry, Corny. This one is definitely a scam. I've seen the email on other forums. It may be close to your friends email, but this one is Pawel. If there's a dot in the trident.research, then it's no good. He uses other similar emails to pass himself off as the real deal. Trash it.

OP
OP
GorskiDvr

GorskiDvr

Oct 11, 2006
Houston Tx
I guess now that things have gone past the point of a simple legit/not legit explaination I will go ahead & post the e-mail addresses .
I in no way shape or form want to slime someone that is trying to honestly make some cash on the side. The reason I posted this is I personally wanted to know if this was legit . I also wanted to know whether anyone else had recieved this. (I want to know how he had my info , where he got it & how he knows perhaps specifics on what info I may be looking for.)
Looks to me like several people think he's legit & some think he's not............
So would you give your money to this man if half the people you asked in reference to him said what has been said in this thread/forum ?
I sure won't............ :-[

[email protected]
[email protected]

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
LOL, that's what I told ya, 12 posts back!

Seriously, I have one of the oldest, continuous treasure related websites on the internet he has been spamming me for years-same story. I have been watching all of the various forums and listserves since like 1994 and his name, Pawel, has come up quite a bit. Do a good google search or dogpile.com search.

I know there are a few folks that would love to get their hands on him.

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is how it came to me.......

To:bchhunter98
Subject:Re:Spanish Shipwrecks-Archival Research
Date:Sunday, December 24, 2006 12:52:32 PM

Hello:

I am an independent archival researcher (maritime archivist) and I have a great collection of archival documents related to the spanish ships which sank in XVII and XVIII century in Florida, Bahama, Cuba and Carribean waters. Most of thse documents I have found in Spanish archives like Archivo General de Indias in Seville and Archivo General de Simancas. I also have some unpublished nautical charts from XVII and XVIII century which shows the position of the spanish shipwreks.

If you think you could have an interest in such documentation, please let me know.

All the best and Merry Christmas.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread