Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO MISZA
IF YOU GET ANY RESPONSES THAT YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN PLEASE FORWARD THEM TO ME. IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE LOCATED, BUT IF YOU ARE ANYWHERE CLOSE TO SOUTH FLORIDA MAYBE WE COULD WORK SOMETHING OUT TOGETHER.
SEAHUNTER

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cheapest mags around are at quantrosensing in grant florida.some pics may not work on thier website,but they are still in biz.they are building a new building an they havent had time to update thier web site.they have a mag kit for around 500 bux that can be towed.

http://www.quantrosensing.com/

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we get a few of us and buy a Geometrics. I'm in. $23k ish total.

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Brad
I think Joe has the geometrics and the experience using it. Our money is probably more wisely spent paying Joe to do it and interpret the results. Just a thought.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seahunter,

Quantrosensing PHONE 321-412-1160

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe's was broke last I heard.

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
I got a MC5 mag with a toroid sensor and a Geometrics G-856 mag. Both are
proton mags.

What do you want to do?

SEAHUNTER
What did you have to pay for the Stratabox? What did you get?

Dinkydick

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
DINKY DICK,
A strata box sells for just under 15K or you can rent one from a company in Texas for about $300 a day. For the price it is a fantastic unit.
Old Man

OP
OP
M

misza

Fisheye
Thank you for your help but I need a mag with PC wire,just like ax2000 for example.
Happy new 2007 Year.

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ed
I didn't think you were around any more. You seem to know all about the stratabox. Why don't you come down and share some of that knowledge.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
SeaHunter,
I'm at home in Pa. for the holidays. I'll be flying back down to FL. Thur. or Fri., As soon as I know which day, I'll let you know and make arrangements to meet with you. I was fortunate to have Burt Webber come down to Key West in Sept. and train us on the unit and then we went to S.C. and did another survey with the stratabox. It's a great unit, as long as you don't expect it to go thru coral, rocks or some other hard strata. Looking forward to hooking up with you.

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ed
That sounds great. The seas are supposed to lay down for Tuesday and Wednesday, so I think with any luck we will have had a day or two using it by the time you are coming through. I am sure we will have lots of questions by then.
Look forward to meeting with you.
Seahunter

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
MISZA

The MC5 and the AX2000 are almost identical marine mags. They were made by
the same company Aquascan in the UK.

They both function the same way except the MC5 doesn't have all the bells and
whistles. The unit I have has been factory modified to allow use of the toroid
sensor which is standard on the AX2000. FWIW they both use the same software.

I have designed and built a mag logger for the MC5 as it doesn't contain any memory.
It must be used with a computer for output. Mine works without a computer. It also
logs DGPS points every time the mag is pulsed. I use it in the 2-second mode for
searching at 3 knots. I have only a 100-foot sensor cable with the toroid attached.
This is the maximum depth for the sensor (factory limits). Toroid sensors are
sensitive to magnetism in any direction whereas solenoid sensors are only sensitive
in two direction. This means that search patterns have to be made to suit the sensor
used.

The G-856 I have has the AX accessories which means that it can be operated as a
gradiometer using two sensors. It uses solenoid type sensors. It is not a marine unit
but could be adapted for that type of service without too much modification.

Both types of mags operate off of any 12 volt battery supply. I have a large diesel
battery mounted in my search boat just for the electronics. It is not connected to
the engine.

SEAHUNTER

I have just seen your photos of the vessels you looked at. Please keep in mind
that a steel hull boat will have a large magnetic affect on the mag. You will have
to tow the mag sensor a long distance behind the boat to get it out of the mags
range. With aluminum hulls you will have less problems. Of coarse fiberglas has no
effect. Just the engines etc.

I would be interested in helping you map the Jupiter area.

I am planning on going to the Jan.12th meeting and have many things to do between
now and then.

Let me know what's up

Dinkydick

OH! and Happy New Year to everyone

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread