SHIPWRECK RECOVERED - FROM A STORAGE WARS! AUCTION; WHAT DO I HAVE?

OP
OP
M

miamibeachcg

Mar 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Southern Digger, I don't know if they've been covered in either - they're firm, but also fragile (you can see in one photo where a small corner came off). I am leaving it on my dining in a climate controled room until I find out more about it - was told by someone in a post that putting it in plastic would cause moisture that would make it fall apart. Any idea on how to store it? Open box?
Thanks for the suggestions - parafin seems a possibility, if it isn't the remnants of a canvas type material used in grape shot (if it's grapeshot - one ball shot appears to be made of clay, so I don't know)

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bronzecannons, the sextant is officially posted on eBay! See it here (and please place a bid on it!):
Shipwreck Artifact Antique Whyte Thomson Glasgow and s Shields c1890 Sextant | eBay

May i ask if the sextant has right or left hand threads? Alot of those had reverse threads,Instead of righty tighty,left loosey,they were righty loosey and lefty tighty. Kinda like the threads on a motorcycle clutch,They tighten backward.If you can inspect it and find out,add to your listing and you would most likely receive alot more bids.

HH John

OP
OP
M

miamibeachcg

Mar 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's regular 'righty tighty, lefty loosey' - in fact I didn't even realise that the sight was just sitting - in the wrong side! I looked, put it in the opposite opening, and it screwed in normaly. What does that mean?
Thanks for the help - more info either way!
sextant 1 resized.jpg sextant 2 resized.jpg sextant 3 resized.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread