Treasure Ship Symbol Discovered!

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
I found this January 12th.,(John Hancocks Birthday 1733), 1995, along the shores of Sebastian! Amberson Beach Access.
Tropical Storm Gordon stalled off coast for 3 months sent 19 foot waves to the shore! I figured I would find a coin or artifact, or 'something'!
In Symbols: An Anchor is equivalent to A Hoard Of Treasure!
A Circle is equivalent to be In Body Of Water!
The type of Anchor it is is interesting Note.
The Vatican. In Rome, Italy, licenced the treasure ships, it is written.
The Catacombs, In Rome, Italy, Also have an Anchor design, this one?
Isn't that just like a pirate to try a stunt like this chiseled into stone, as if no one ever would catch on?
The Stone is of "Carribean Origin", Mel Fishers Archaeologist October 14th., 1995, Mel Fishers Treasure Museum Sebastian, Florida.
I notice archaeologist knew of a "Sir Rogue", or, "Sir Rock",(papers of archaeologists 1967), and that he had set up a camp at Sebastian.
“Puerto del Socorro”
“Old Spanish Harbor,”
Note: Florida Historical Quarterly, 1942, vol. 21, # 1, pp. 25-39.
Read Books and they say different things, locations, spelling, and dates. However If I had been around 292 or 313 years ago to explore locally,I would have.
As for fort sorroquez. It must be the massive structure buried beneath Turtle Mound north of Cape Canaveral, est.1689. Destoyed 1689 by Tekoite.
Florida Historical Society has a book locked in the safe, I got to read it, it mentions a surruque village, that is all. Historian told me, "There is no fort Sorroquez, made up like Gasparilla the pirate." "The Turtle Mount is thousands of years old". There goes that.

Attachments

• Picture_3.jpg
    Picture_3.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,992
OP
OP
Sorroque

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
These guys helped me along to Find the way to Post. Great website, just a little difficulty finding the way.
All good.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Did you find that at Amber Sands beach? Stange find! What is on other side, and can we get a good pic of it-both sides?

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OP
OP
Sorroque

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
Hey thank you.
My Name is Roger .
I have read the Name Art Hartman before, I think he is a restorer at Mel Fishers Treasure Museum.
It was Robert Weller's books that lead me to the discovery. He congratulated me on my Find back in 2000.
Captain Steven Shuph'e once offered me treasure for it, so he could place it in his museum.
It was recently shown at a Pirate themed Party at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront Resort in October!The party made the Newspaper.
I shall post more jpg pics within a week. The webcam I used in the above photo is left over from an old computer running the old Windows XP Professonal.
This is Windows XP x64 Proffesional, and I have to Order a New Special Camera for it.This Operating System does Not use the FAT File system, a, NTS file system is used.
Details: Amberson Beach Access is the beach access just south of the McClarty Treasure Museum there.Walk four blocks down the beach, and that is where it laid,it's face sticking up out of the sand. I left a bamboo cane pole in it's place, but I am sure it is gone now.15:57 EST January 12th., 1995.
It weighs Precisely 33 pounds! I don't think I am mistaken when I say ,It Most likely weighed a precise Talent, 52 pounds, when it was laid there 280 years before.
There is silver oxidation stains on it, the size of 1/2 Royals.

Attachments

• sebastian.jpg
    sebastian.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,721
  • Picture_.2.jpg
    Picture_.2.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,824

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
gdaddyflex said:
Did you notice the email address for Sorroque. ([email protected])

Could this be Capt. Art Hartman?

Anybody that knows the 1715 fleet story really well, knows Art.

I'd listen closely to anything he has to say-an amazing man.

-Tom-

Sorroque said:
Hey thank you.
My Name is Roger David Hartman.
I have read the Name Art Hartman before, I think he is a restorer at Mel Fishers Treasure Museum.

In 1980 Art Hartman worked the Capitana of the 1715 fleet "Nuestra Senora de la Regla" today known as "Corrigans wreck" he recovered 7 silver coins clumps esach haad over 100 coins for a total of 748 silver coins he also found that year 2 gold disc and other stuff.....
The site was worked every year by different people by 1984 a great amount of treasure had been found and recorded:

4,051 silver coins
7 clumps with 100 coins each
53 gold coins
15 gold bars
3 gold discs
Plus,plus,plus,plus...........

All the best,

Chagy.........

OP
OP
Sorroque

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
Well , I bought the New Camera. The problem now is that it takes pictures,(that are just as bad as the logitech 2000 model), in a higher resolution! Too big of a file to place any 1.
If you are interested in photo's email me. [email protected] .
Please place in SUBJECT: " SYMBOL " .

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN MORE ABOUT THIS SYMBOL AND WHAT IT MEANS. WHAT DOES IT MEAN IF I FOUND THIS SAME SYMBOL ON A ROCK 400 MILES FROM ANY OCEAN.

DIver001

Greenie
Feb 28, 2005
In the 70's on the Island of Inagua, Bahamas I was shown carvings on a ridge next to a flooded cave. Some of the markings were on stone tablets that looked like they had been recently chiseled out of the rock. Others were on the ridge rock and were smaller, too small to photograph. Transcription is below.

Also, on another part of the island I was shown this cannon.

Attached are pics.

Anyone have knowledge of this location or comments.

Thanks, Bob

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,272
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,194
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,267
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,259
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,259
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,272

DIver001

Greenie
Feb 28, 2005
I did not include this pic. Shell is for comparison.

Bob

Attachments

• Marks0053.jpg
    Marks0053.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,182
OP
OP
Sorroque

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
If you found this symbol 400 miles inland, it would be the same. Treasure in body of water.

Like I said, I found this while searching sites that were written about in books by proffesionals!
"Sunken Galleons On Florida Reefs",Robert Weller.
Robert Weller has been diving since 1921. He wrote "Treasure What Dreams Are Made Of", the life of Mel Fisher.
Robert Weller was Editor of Treasure Quest Magazine too!
Read these books! Go find some treasure!
Note.
I was chatting with a woman in a laundry that is into metal detecting. I told here of where I found the rock.
She told me that her friend went quahogging in that Exact place, but in the river and came home with a BUCKET of gold doubloons, with just a rake!
Now that is a bucket of clam$!

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I WILL TRY TO POST THE PICTURE OF EXACT SYMBOL. NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT THERE IS WHAT LOOKS LIKE A DRIED UP SMALL POND ( TANK ) ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HILL WHERE I FOUND THIS SYMBOL. I HOPE I'M CLOSE !

DIver001

Greenie
Feb 28, 2005
Inagua Marks - Here is a blowup of carving on rock tablet. You can see at bottom left where something was chiseled out. I was also told that a local
left the island for Miami and bought a large house never to return after searching the cave.

Does anyone have any ideas what the transcribed markings mean. Yes you can clearly see the word MONEY mirrored & backwards? These markings were on a ridge facing south towards the sea. Is the anchor marking significant as previously mentioned in this thread?

Attachments

• Marks Enlarge.jpg
    Marks Enlarge.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,134
OP
OP
Sorroque

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
Perhaps if it is an anchor with a dot above it?
Than it would mean," shaft or tunnel at
foot of hill".

The backward E could be ," steps to tresure" , 2 steps.

"M" also means "the Valley". Also, "crow, or, owl".

"o" also means "fire". also means "here, the begining, multiplied",
also means,"moon,or sun,or face of water".

"N" also means "wolfs tooth". 'Maybe coral'?.

"E" also means "steps".

"Y" also means "trail forks take right hand".Longshot= "Y"=eagle.(high place).

"A closed circle with a radius line, tresure is buried in center of a certain nearby circle. Ring of rocks, trees , etc..".

"H" also means "Ladder".

"L" also means "to left".

"ye" also means "gold ore nearby".( the letters are actualy 2 letters as 1,signature like..

"U" also means "under".

I have placed quotation marks because I am quoting,
"Handbook Of Treasure Signs And Symbols", by Mary Carson.

I also think that if a couple packed up and moved,!, after
searching this cave, then the treasure may have been extracted!
Search it anyway!

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may wish to post this under the Treasure Signs forum. There are a lot of sharp people there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread