wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newdiver, welcome aboard TreasureNet Forums!

There are many beaches in Florida that have been, and still produce coins and other artifacts from shipwrecks along our coast. I would invite you to look threw many of the old post that are on this site, or do a search for the 1715 treasure fleet. You will be amazed!

Again welcome aboard

Tom

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah,just stay away from the Mel Fisher lease sites.They are very protective and you will get in trouble.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yeah, he was asking about the BEACHES where old coins wash up but his subject line indicated he wanted to snorkle.... beach hunting vs water hunting, big difference as far as the legalities.

OP
OP
N

newdiver

Yeah I am also wondering where I can find the different legalities on water and beach ... also I like to snorkle but dont have a boat just looking for somewhere that is open to public and I could have some fun in the water looking around... If you could give me a city or relative place since I am from St. Petersburg Florida and I am just looking to go over to the east coast for the weekend.. Thanks.... Not trying to make any shipwreck owners mad... Just looking to have a little fun. :)

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your question about the legal ramifications of water -v- beaches can be found on the Legal Issues Forum at TreasureNet, and I have provided you with that link. gdaddyflex (Tom) is correct, very big differences. It is basically illeagle to hunt the water within 3000 yards of the leases. However the beaches are fine.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,16144.0.html

OP
OP
N

newdiver

Thanks for all the info Wreckdiver17. I don't even have a metel detector but all the information really helps. I am guessing it is a little hard to find anything without a metel detector but I am just going to have fun. Thanks for everything.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as you don't have a metal detector with in your hands, you can swim, snorkel and scuba dive to within 300 feet of any contract boat working the leases. These boats can be identified by a large number starting with the letter C on the side of the boat. If no boats are working the site, it is completely legal to dive the entire site.

Enjoy!

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Provided you don't take anything.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Technically, you COULD have a metal detector in the lease areas, JUST as long as you don't take anything! But I would advise against it!

Robert in SC

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
newdiver,

Just be aware that the men in grey suits will be nearby.100's were seen in ft pierce recently.bull sharks!

Attachments

• maningreysuit.jpg
    maningreysuit.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 327

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread