Value of an Anchor

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Very interesting!! I do some work off the Carolina's and Va coasts...would love to learn more about this find if your willing to discuss it...

ag

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty cool would be hard to move lol

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When hurricanes roll through, is it 'resurrect old threads" call to arms????

Karen just rolled over the island...

Glad Lorenzo is heading north, that looks like a big one.....

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:'( :( :'( Of course at a glance all of those anchors look alike but from the angle of the ring, the flukes, and the amount of growth on it, it sure looks like one I dove on around 8 years ago. I have some pictures of it at home somewhere but they are not digital. I showed it to someone who then showed it to someone and then shortly afterward I couldn’t find it and I always thought someone removed it but hoped it was just covered with sand. The one I’m talking about was in only around 12’ of water, sitting jut outside of the reef on the sand off of Palm Beach County and pointed out to sea to the SE. I sure hope you did a good job of preserving it because I would have much rather it would have been left where it was for everyone to enjoy and not rot in someones backyard.

I pulled up some stuff when younger, and learned that mom would always throw it out of the garage. When you grew up, wife would take on that duty.

Got to have a plan, and think it through carefully. Good preservation costs money and time.

Lots of iron cannon disentegrated into rust over the years.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
often the real value of a ships anchor is in helping to find where a shipwreck site is ...in bad weather anchors are often let go to keep a ship off the rocks and reefs ..as the storm pushes the ship the anchor will bite in and its eye will point in the direction in which its being pushed --once you find a anchor on the bottom looking in the direction the eye is pointing can often lead to the wreck on nearby reefs or rccks or shallow water area

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread