Blow holes:

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Just want to mention.
When yo ;D ;Du go to all the NASA sites you will learn that they are difficult some time to keep straight-it will take some practice to get it right but when using this NASA sites you will see many a reef and tons of blow holes.
As you scroll down the East Coast you will find a number of locations and reefs that have not one single blow hole YET ;D
You will also see a section that is covered with reefs and not a single blow hole can I see. The NASA sites are much better than GOOGLE as far I as I think but it takes a steady hand . PRATICE, PRATICE is all I can say
Later
Peg leg

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Seahunter, your marina is called "Blowing Rocks Marina," right? Doesn't the rocks near the shoreline have natural blow holes in it?

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvor
Have you ever seen them? The marina is named after Blowing Rocks Beach which is literally five hundred yards east. They are large rock formations that are up on the beach and are as much as ten feet above sea level and the holes that the water escapes through are no more than a couple of feet wide. You can not be possibly confusing them with the one hundred fifty foot wide blow holes Pegleg described hundreds of yards offshore. I assume you have never been to Blowing Rocks beach or you would not make such a foolish statement. It is not called Blowhole beach.
Seahunter

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You're right, I have never been to Blowing Rocks Beack but I did see it from your boat when we passed by. Lighten up a little, I wouldn't call my ststement foolish. I was merely trying to point out that there ARE such things as natural blow holes.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I think this topic is a little funny. When I first asked the question about a location I found I aked a question if a BLOW HOLE could be this large and everyone I thought knew what I was asking because they looked like craters on the Moon. What I was really askig is were these holes/craters created by Nature or were they man made?
What is funny to me is that EVERYTIME I ask a question it is like shaking a Pecan tree ALL THE NUTS START FALLING OUT ;D ;D ;D ;D and I thought I was the ONLY NUT on this tree ::) BUT it sure feels good not to be alone ;) ;D ;D.
Speaking about BLOW HARDS-OPS- BLOW HOLES has anyone every considered using a Pressure Washer underwater, the kind you use when washing your car. I bet it would work real good when trying to get into small cracks-just squeese the handle and let the water pressure do all the work and getting water is not a problem :P.
I LOVE this forum. There is never a dull moment ;D ;D ;D
Peg leg

privateer

Dec 4, 2006
Paquiwock
Detector(s) used
6 senses
Peg leg we use high pressure washers on commercial ship props-each blade over 6ft-cleans them right up-just hard to see the stream of water at times-don't want to get any body parts in front these-but i don't see why you could not use them for job you mention.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Peg Leg said:
I think this topic is a little funny. When I first asked the question about a location I found I aked a question if a BLOW HOLE could be this large and everyone I thought knew what I was asking because they looked like craters on the Moon. What I was really askig is were these holes/craters created by Nature or were they man made?
What is funny to me is that EVERYTIME I ask a question it is like shaking a Pecan tree ALL THE NUTS START FALLING OUT ;D ;D ;D ;D and I thought I was the ONLY NUT on this tree ::) BUT it sure feels good not to be alone ;) ;D ;D.
Speaking about BLOW HARDS-OPS- BLOW HOLES has anyone every considered using a Pressure Washer underwater, the kind you use when washing your car. I bet it would work real good when trying to get into small cracks-just squeese the handle and let the water pressure do all the work and getting water is not a problem :P.
I LOVE this forum. There is never a dull moment ;D ;D ;D
Peg leg

Peg,

I want to apologize to you if I have ever been mean, rude or disrespectfull in anyway......I still think you are a little bit nuts ;D but thats OK...you don't have to be crazy to be in this forum but it sure helps if you are!!!!!!

All the best,

Chagy.......

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
The pressure washer that I was talking about is the same size as the ones you would use to wash your car or house.
The hose is maybe .500" in dia..
My next door neighbor has one and has a pool also. I mentioned this to him and he tried his washer in the pool-without the soap of course. It really cleaned the sides of his pool. The water pressure was perfect. His machine has a pressure adjustment dial.
He purchased it from Harbor Freight for about $119.00 which included everything. Now in order to blast away at reef or sand or whatever underwater you will have to change the lenght of the hose but that is no problem and your water supply is endless. You will be able to get into those small cracks anytime.
Peg leg

Voldbjerg

Feb 9, 2006
Hi Peg Leg

I think youre gonna have a corrosion problem if you use salt water in a cheap pressure washer.

V

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will definitely be a problem running saltwater through a pressure cleaner. What I setup for my boat to be able to deal with the saltwater is a 2 inch trashpump. The extra volume the trashpump delivers makes up for the lower pressure and hopefully will accomplish the same job i.e - washing out the cracks. The saltwater does not seem to bother the trashpump's. I have watched dredging crews use them for weeks of continuous operations without breaking.
Seahunter

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
SeaHunter-
You're on the right track for your purpose with the 2" trash pump, and they're cheap and efficient. Just reduce the output with ordinary plumbing fittings to whatever you feel comfortable with. Mine is now 3/4 inch output and wow! I want to tell you its a JET! Testing it I wrote my name in the concrete of my boat ramp, no kidding.
Can't wait to see how it works in the dragons teeth area of Rio Mar which has frustrated me for years....I'm
just gonna put the gas 2" pump in the whaler and leave the big boat safely outside the breaker line, finally. No more pullin up and going home when the tide starts dropping. Mo tells me there's LOTS more good stuff there! Happy Hunting!

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Skimmer,

Welcome to the forum, I am happy to see that we have more real treasure hunters around here that can contribute to our forum.....

All the best,

Chagy.......

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Hi Chagy- Thanks for the welcome. I've been reading
this site and others for a long time, but I rarely have anything of real value to add, so generally I don't. Many
of you have much more expertise than I, and only once in a while do I "put in my 2 cents". But, I'll be around
and if I feel that something I can contribute is worth
saying, I will. For the most part, the folks on here are pretty interesting, and there's much to learn, right?
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread