Passing of a Pirate

whydahdiver

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This past week was a tough one: Thursday my beautiful German Shepherd passed away from a very aggresive form of lymphoma at just 2 years of age. Then Ken Kinkor, pirate historian extraordinaire on the WHYDAH as well as other projects also left us. I have known Ken since I started working on the WHYDAH in 1983 and he was a true wealth of information on anything to do with pirates and the golden age of piracy. If you ever visited the WHYDAH museum on Cape Cod you were probably greeted by him and got to enjoy his passion for pirates, he will be sorely missed.

WHYDAH Diver

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was Ken a member of TNet? My condolences to you on the loss of Ken and your beloved furry friend.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry to hear of the loss of your friends!!
chuck.

OP
OP
W

whydahdiver

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Whydah Diver

Last edited:

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
gunsil - very sorry for your troubles with Barry, but this is a respectful thread about Ken Kinkor's passing. I suggest you work out your frustrations on another thread or better, directly with those involved.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your friend and your dog. It's bad when you get a 1-2 punch like that but time will leave only the good memories.
Soldier on,
ZDD

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
referenced post deleted.

Last edited:

rvkin

Jun 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you the Chuck that helped a Father and daughter from drowning when they fell off the pier? I am Ken's brother Ron and I recently read that account. Thank you for sharing your condolences with the family.

rvkin

Jun 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry about the rant, my emotions got the better of me last night. I see his post has been removed, thank you for that. And thank you for your thoughts and condolences in regards to our loss.

Last edited:

rvkin

Jun 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
........but to bring up your side of a business deal without the other party being able to respond/defend himself is beyond bad taste.......
V

thank you for your support.

Last edited:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moderator ?
Moderator ?

I removed gunsil's nasty post. I will not tolerate any more hatefulness in this thread. Rvkin, my condolences on the loss of your mother & brother.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whydahdiver... So saddened to hear of Ken's passing... I had the chance to speak with him via telephone on a few occasions and he was so great... Very passionate about history and the wreck and very informative. I never got the chance to get up to the Cape to see the museum, but can sense that I missed out by not having met Ken in person. I used to go to the Cape every summer as a child and have such fond memories of it... Will make it up there soon to see the museum! Condolences... Kindest regards, PhipsFolly (Mike B.)

OP
OP
W

whydahdiver

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone, Ken was a true treasure, more valuable than all the coins and goodies we found. He will be sorely missed and impossible to replace.

Whydah diver

kuon john

Greenie
Dec 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Whydah diver,
I'm sorry for your loss.I know from a few times what it is like to loose a dear pet friend.
I happen to get to know Ken Kinkor, with asking him questions outside the Cumberland Farms store in Provincetown,one day about the WHYDAH and yes he was a walking Incyclopedia, very approachable.
I'm in Thailand and I find it very difficult to go metal detecting here because you have to own land to do any hunting and on top of that they don't allow foreigners to purchase property. I cannot wait to head back home to Cape Cod to hunt.It is too bad the metal detecting situation in South Eastern Asia because I have heard from friends a lot of valuable artifacts here! Koun John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions