Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Sep 2005
    336 times

Henry Morgan & Port Royal...

Hi all... this is not exactly shipwreck related but I just figured I would point out for any pirate lovers and seekers of pirate artifacts for their collection, their is a really awesome grappling hook with a Bob Marx COA listed on ebay and its provenance is linked to none other than Henry Morgan! I think you can find it listed under "Port Royal, Jamaica" in the search box.

LM
    do
    I like finding stuff

Dec 2007
    South
    Charts and Maps.
    167 times
    Shipwrecks
    Neat, somewhat tempting.
    If the provenance were a bit less meandering, I'd buy it without thinking twice.

Always wanted a Henry Morgan relic.
    "There comes a time in every rightly-constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure..." - Twain

Sep 2005
    336 times
    LM... I know the finder personally and it is definately the real deal! And the COA from Bob Marx doesnt hurt either! There's more details on this piece and if you decided to buy it, contact me and I can fill you in... theres also some photos that go along with this piece that give you a much better idea of where it came from and strengthens the provenamce... I only wish I could afford it myself as it would be one of the pinnacle pieces in my port royal collection...

Charter Member
    us
    Pirate of the Martires

Feb 2005
    Port Richey, Florida
    Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
    1687 times
    Shipwrecks
    I'm surprised that there is not one single bid so far.

Sep 2005
    336 times
    Well, it is a bit pricey... But it is the only one i've ever seen...
    Last edited by PhipsFolly; Jul 24, 2013 at 08:12 AM.

Sep 2005
    336 times
    As with any collectible item... It will really appeal to some and not to others... For me, knowing that true pirate artifacts are so rare, I think it's freakin' awesome... But that's just me...

vor

Jun 2012
    455 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by PhipsFolly View Post
    LM... I know the finder personally and it is definately the real deal! And the COA from Bob Marx doesnt hurt either! There's more details on this piece and if you decided to buy it, contact me and I can fill you in... theres also some photos that go along with this piece that give you a much better idea of where it came from and strengthens the provenamce... I only wish I could afford it myself as it would be one of the pinnacle pieces in my port royal collection...
    The seller needs to post this additional info to shore up provenance and maybe he would get some bids. I, too, am suspect with only the info posted.
    V
    Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not: Jeremiah 5:21

Sep 2005
    336 times
    The owner of this artifact has reluctantly added some photos taken when and where the grappling hook was found... he has a legitimate concern about folks trying to go down there and metal detect since it is private property and special permission was given to briefly hunt there... not to mention, with the way things are going in the treasure hunting world with more strict laws and enforcement tactics, and the fact that much of Jamaica's heritage is protected, he was reasonably concerned about providing too much info about this find even though he legitimately owns it. This is the real deal and his collection from that amazing place of history truly reflects this... wish I could have gone with him when he went on his detecting adventure down there. I don't think the provenance for something like this will get any better than the photos, details, and a COA from Bob Marx... short of Henry Morgans autograph... hehehe...
    Last edited by PhipsFolly; Jul 25, 2013 at 07:53 AM.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links