Henry Morgan & Port Royal...

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all... this is not exactly shipwreck related but I just figured I would point out for any pirate lovers and seekers of pirate artifacts for their collection, their is a really awesome grappling hook with a Bob Marx COA listed on ebay and its provenance is linked to none other than Henry Morgan! I think you can find it listed under "Port Royal, Jamaica" in the search box. :skullflag:

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Neat, somewhat tempting.
If the provenance were a bit less meandering, I'd buy it without thinking twice.

Always wanted a Henry Morgan relic.

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LM... I know the finder personally and it is definately the real deal! And the COA from Bob Marx doesnt hurt either! There's more details on this piece and if you decided to buy it, contact me and I can fill you in... theres also some photos that go along with this piece that give you a much better idea of where it came from and strengthens the provenamce... I only wish I could afford it myself as it would be one of the pinnacle pieces in my port royal collection...

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm surprised that there is not one single bid so far.

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it is a bit pricey... But it is the only one i've ever seen...

Last edited:
OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As with any collectible item... It will really appeal to some and not to others... For me, knowing that true pirate artifacts are so rare, I think it's freakin' awesome... But that's just me...

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LM... I know the finder personally and it is definately the real deal! And the COA from Bob Marx doesnt hurt either! There's more details on this piece and if you decided to buy it, contact me and I can fill you in... theres also some photos that go along with this piece that give you a much better idea of where it came from and strengthens the provenamce... I only wish I could afford it myself as it would be one of the pinnacle pieces in my port royal collection...

The seller needs to post this additional info to shore up provenance and maybe he would get some bids. I, too, am suspect with only the info posted.
V

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The owner of this artifact has reluctantly added some photos taken when and where the grappling hook was found... he has a legitimate concern about folks trying to go down there and metal detect since it is private property and special permission was given to briefly hunt there... not to mention, with the way things are going in the treasure hunting world with more strict laws and enforcement tactics, and the fact that much of Jamaica's heritage is protected, he was reasonably concerned about providing too much info about this find even though he legitimately owns it. This is the real deal and his collection from that amazing place of history truly reflects this... wish I could have gone with him when he went on his detecting adventure down there. I don't think the provenance for something like this will get any better than the photos, details, and a COA from Bob Marx... short of Henry Morgans autograph... hehehe...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread