Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My best friend died yesterday. Jack Glenn was an extrodinary treasure hunter. He was 57. Jack worked around the world on shipwreck projects in Honduras, Trinidad and Mozambique with Global Research & Salvage Co. In 1998 he helped start Spanish Wrecks Salvage Inc. with Tim Swieckowski and myself. Poor health forced him to step aside. The picture below is Jack on the Dauntless working the Atocha site in 1992.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 675

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm very sorry to hear the sad news Pete. First Timmy and now Jack. :'(

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Wow, Pete. 57 is way too young...our prayers are with you and Jack's family.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Pete, sorry about your loss, best friends are a bad thing to lose. I have lost a few over the years. Steve.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I am so sorry to hear about the lost of your best friend. This has got to be a very hard time for you. Please know our thoughts are with you.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My friend,

Sorry to hear about you loss. I have a copy of an article written in the 90s when you guys were in Honduras. I will pray for his eternal rest.

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 + AQUA PULSE
We have many friends in life but best friends are few and far between. Please accept my condolances as I can only imagine how you feel.
Your friend - Jimi

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pete, I am saddened to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and Jack's family and friends.

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007
Pete;
Although I did not know jack,Please except my sympathy on your loss.My prayers are with you and jacks family.

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and the family of your friend Jack.

"Your lost friend is not dead, but gone before, advanced a stage or two upon that road which you must travel in the steps they trod." - Aristophanes

Pcolaboy

OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thank you so much everybody. I just wanted you all to know what an extraordinary man Jack was. He was a Vietnam veteran, wounded in combat and was awarded the Purple Heart. Jack liked to go bar hopping with Mel Fisher in Key West. I know he is up there hoisting rum and cokes with Mel.

mam07

Jul 13, 2010
Pete,
I'm very sorry to hear of Jack's passing. He was a very good friend of mine in the late 70s (we had some great times!)and although we did not keep in touch all these years - I have always wished him the best. I'm glad to see that he found his calling and a true friend and am sure he's having a terrific time in a better place with lots of good company!

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
Im sorry to hear of your loss, my condolances to you and his family.

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Pete,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your friend's family during this difficult time. Here's a favorite quote of mine that I hope will at least make you remember him and smile.

"For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my allotted time. I can remain on shore, paralyzed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze."

- Richard Bode

Hang in there my friend.

Pcola (Scott)

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Guys,

I am not sure if you noticed but this is an old thread. Jack passed away over 3 years ago....

All the best,

Chagy.....

OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Chagy is right. Jack was cremated and we spread his ashes in Tampa Bay over 3 years ago.

waterlover

Aug 29, 2010
I'm glad this post was still out there as I was just searching for old friends and sadly found your picture and post about Jack. Jack was a very dear childhood friend of mind, we grew up two houses away. While our paths led us in different directions (I am in Alaska) I always tried to reconnect with Jack each time I returned to Florida. We lost touch around 1992 but I always think of him when I drive past our old neighborhood on 22nd Avenue and have often tried to look him up, never able to find him. When I would visit Florida and Jack was not in town, I would visit his mother and she would reminisce about how the two of us should be together. That was funny because Jack and I were very happy being great friends. I'm so happy to hear that he finally found his "passion" and had the chance to spend time pursuing his passion. I don't know what family of Jack's is still left but I certainly hope they are pursuing life the way Jack would want them to. Jack bailed me out of many situations and we had a blast in our 20's and 30's being great friends. I will miss him and am disappointed that I won't ever be able to reconnect with him in this life. I'm so glad to hear he had good friends in his life. Sherry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread