Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping you had returned. We still have plenty of warm weather.

I need some determined treasure hunters to come up here and keep a fire built under my butt so I can stay motivated to get this non-treasure related project finished. Then we can all go dig on the steamboat. I hate when responsibility gets in the way of treasure hunting! :tongue3:

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a little teaser photo of the vessel. I believe the tank I mentioned earlier in this thread might possibly be the smoke stack. I'm hoping the other item furthest right is a steam whistle. How great would it be to recover that?! Probably already salvaged but you never know. It would be to cool to keep. I would have to restore it and donate it to the museum....but not before blowing it and being the first person to hear it in 87 years. :cool:

092215.jpg

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I'm not sure about your vessel BUT most ships that were sinking on the Missouri / Mississippi River's would immediately head for the bank if when starting to sink so that the passenger's could get of and they could try to salvage cargo before it would be lost ! So the water level in your situation is shallow , this vessel would have been picked clean EXCEPT for the items you are looking to save. GOOD LUCK in your adventure !

whydahdiver

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Titanic was found on this date in 1985 and Japan surrendered on this date in 1945!

WD

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since this thread has been resurrected I'll post some pictures from this summers adventure. A full 3 months of diving from a treasure boat in Florida with two big legit mailboxes!

IMG_2387.JPG IMG_2412.JPG IMG_2495.JPG cannon.jpg IMG_E2466.jpg IMG_E2525.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread