wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peg, RioBravo posted a picture of one here not to long ago.

I knew if I look around a bit, I would find it.

Attachments

• MAP.jpg
    MAP.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 405

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
I am pretty sure Heartland Treasure Quest is no longer in business. Word is they have a lawsuit against them, no more appeals and Attorney Rex Stalker can not be found. Just what I hear, don't hold me to it.
:) Diverlynn

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Rex Stocker (nephew of Kip Wagner of Real 8 fame), is a principal in the company. I do not think he is an attorney.

Also, on the Florida corporation website (www.sunbiz.org), it reflects that Heartland Treasure Quest Inc is still active.

Foreign Profit
HEARTLAND TREASURE QUEST, INC.
MAILING ADDRESS
ROUTE 3 BOX 1480
COCHRAN GA 31014

Document Number F02000000793
FEI Number 900073829
Date Filed 02/13/2002
State GA
Status ACTIVE

Name & Address
STOCKER, REX
14095 81ST AVENUE
SEBASTIAN FL 32958
-----------------------------------
Officer/Director Detail Name & Address Title
MCHOLAN, RICKIE W
ROUTE 3
COCHRAN GA PCD

REDDY, STEVE
14395 80TH AVE.
SEBASTIAN FL 32958

Ah, I love the research!

-Tom-

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Intel has Heartland Treasure Quest, Inc. and Amelia Research & Recovery, LLC. working together on at least one project south of Melbourne Beach, at a site that Rex Stocker has a permit for.

Tom

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
gdaddyflex,
I stand corrected, BUT if you can research the future, get back to me... We (FRRG) dropped our contract with them due to "conflicts" and problems.

wreckdiver1715,
Doug and his crew have their own stuff going and some with the Fishers, we spoke to them yesterday. They have found some china at this time.

February 13 2007
HUTCHINSON ISLAND -- Treasure hunters arrived on the Treasure Coast on Monday in search of what they hope might be a ship from a gold-filled fleet that gave the area its name.
The four-person crew of a lift boat named the Polly-L expects to reach Tiger Shores Beach, located just north of Stuart Public Beach, this morning and begin looking for historical artifacts associated with a shipwreck possibly from the 1715 Spanish treasure fleet.

The search begins four years after officials with the Amelia Island-based Amelia Research and Recovery team first surveyed the shallow waters off Hutchinson Island for a stack of cannons that a local surfer discovered almost 30 years ago.

"I'm excited and ready to go," said Dave Jordan, a former Palm City resident and surfer who kept his discovery a secret for 25 years until his wife triggered the memory. "I want to see what's there."

So does Doug Pope, the president of Amelia Research and Recovery, who on Monday captained the four-story-high boat down the Intracoastal Waterway in Fort Pierce.

Pope and Jordan worked with the state to secure necessary permits to "dig and identify" the 42 targets they found during a 2005 survey about 200 yards from the beach.

Starting as early as today, professional divers will use metal detectors to rule out which of the targets are "modern junk" -- bridge parts or other metal debris -- picked up in the initial survey, Pope said.

Then they'll use a 6-inch vacuum dredge to determine what the remaining targets are. If they uncover an artifact of potential historical significance, the treasure hunters must first receive a permit to "salvage" the material.

"When the treasure gods start smiling, then we'll say we found something," Pope said. "They don't smile that often."

If Jordan's memory turns out to be accurate, Martin County historians say the shipwreck could be part of an 11-vessel Spanish fleet that wrecked in a hurricane in 1715.

So far, the ship from that fleet discovered farthest south was the Urca de Lima, found north of Fort Pierce's Pepper Beach Park, which now contains a state underwater archeological preserve around the wreck. Other ships from that fleet have been discovered in Indian River County.

While it is unlikely any gold will be uncovered in the search, officials with the Historical Society of Martin County are hoping historical treasures will be discovered and eventually displayed in the new Elliott Museum planned just yards from the possible shipwreck site.

Jordan, who has family in Martin County and is in the process of moving from North Carolina to Gainesville, said he will likely stay on the Polly-L for a few days as the work begins. The project is expected to take about a month.

"It's important for me to find the cannons, but it's not about me," he said. "I'm excited Martin County is getting a chance. There's tons of history here. It's unbelievable."

Diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
wreckdiver1715,
Wish I could say more but I need my job and not sure what I can say w/o getting in trouble...lol
Diverlynn

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Morning everyone,
Can someone help me in finding the names of the compaines that have lease on the East Coast from Jupiter Inlet south to as far as West Palm Beach.
This is very important.
Thanks
Peg Leg

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Lynn, I talked to Doug and he said to go ahead and spill everything, he keeps no secrets from TNET members :D :D ;)

Don, I have some info on leases in the keys at home, I'll PM it to you this evening. As you know, Jupiter Wreck Inc. (JWI) has the inlet site...subleased from Marx's group I believe. I'm not sure about the area between Jupiter and the keys, but basically that is greater Miami, I'm not sure there are any leases there.

Jason

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
scubafinder,
What I am looking for is the lease holder about 4 miles south of Jupiter Inlet.
Thanks
Don

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I was in the military fighting a war and looking for treasure was the last thing that was on my mind :-\
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
VONE RESEARCH INC. is a nonprofit organisation under a 501-C-3 and as I can tell there are NO treasure recovery leases in this area.
This makes things VERY INTERESTING.
Anyone available to do a little MAG hunting ;D ::) ::)

Peg Leg

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Peg Leg,
Just got your email, guess you have your answer by now. Unfortunely I am up to my ears in mag work, studying for my capt. license and leaving for the Dominican Republic next Thursday (thanks to the great and powerful Bobadilla, my accommodations and some really gnarly tech diving are waiting for me when I arrive.

Jason, Jason, Jason,
I didn't just fall off the treasure boat yesterday!! Actually I haven't fallen off the boat this year, TOO COLD!!
;D Diverlynn

Attachments

• bd09617_.gif
    bd09617_.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 314

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peg I hate to burst your bubble again but you can't mag without a permit in State waters, expecially in someone elses lease area. I don't think you'll find many takers on this one.

bigkid4

Oct 23, 2006
There was a lease for Juno Beach but I don’t know if it is still active. They were working a ballast pile in 90 feet of water for several years and following the scatter pattern into the beach area around where the old Juno Pier used to be. I’m not sure of the spelling of his name but Jud Laird had the lease. Marx helped them at one time. They were calling it the Juno wreck and claimed it was from around 1590.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diverlynn said:
wreckdiver1715,
Wish I could say more but I need my job and not sure what I can say w/o getting in trouble...lol
Diverlynn

No worries Diverlynn, don't give up any company secrets! Remember, "Loose lips sink ships", Good luck on your trip out, and be safe.

Tom

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
NC BRAD,
I understand what you are saying and I agree BUT I am still allowed to dive as long as I do not remove anything and have no metal detecting devices on my boat. RIGHT OR WRONG?
Since I know the exact location within a few feet I can dive and take a look and record what I see by underwater camera. RIGHT OR WRONG?
There are a lot of ways to check this out with breaking any laws.
All I am doing is TRYING to CONFIRM the information that I have been given and THEN go in another direction.
tHANKS
per leg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread