72 KB · Views: 826
  • ZZTO.jpg
    ZZTO.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 795

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello Jeff,

Reading old posts I came through your interesting post. As you may know, I live in Dominican republic and I am very interested in everything what´s united with this area. Concerning the part of the aticle that speaks about "....."Golden Hind" which was bound for England sunk in 1502 close to Cap Haitien with a cargo of gold and silver worth $ 5,000,000. Somewhere in the coral encrusted hull is a 3,000 - ounce gold nugget.....".

I would like to make some commence, here. It seems to me highly improbable that in 1502 some ship from the Caribbean was bound for England. First English ship appeared in these waters almost 30 years later. The first 40 years after the discovery this region belonged practically to Spain. The most intrigued is a information about the name of the ship and huge gold nugget. Nevertherless the year of 1502 corresponds perfectly to the sunken Spanish fleet of Francisco Bobadilla. Various historians also mention huge gold nugget of 225 ounce to be on the board of flag ship of this fleet where Francisco Bobadilla itself, first Spanish rebel Roldan and three major Taino casiques also were (all of them were drawn in hurricane). The flagship´s name was "El Dorado", fairly similar to the translation of "Golden Hind". The probem is that all the ships (23 in total from 32) went down on the eastern tip of La Española island (actual Dominican Republic), just before entering Mona Channel. It is on the southeastern side of the island, Cap Haitien is on the contrary on the northwest of our island. What´s the hell is ging on here....?

Lobo

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That nugget is breathtaking!

DennisB

Jun 13, 2006
Clinton Twp Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett's Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you gonna let us be the first to know when your book hits the market? I would like one please.

Dennis

DennisB

Jun 13, 2006
Clinton Twp Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett's Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I always enjoy reading your posts here. You have alot of knowledge. You and alot of others, but you know how you just like to follow certain people and posts?

Dennis

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Beautiful, Grubby. I left gold panning here in NC for shipwreck hunting. Your pics make me want to go back, but I don't think we have anything to compare with your claim ;) Gotta love that West Coast gold!

Godspeed!
Darren

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Grubby,

Beautiful finds man! If your second book is anything like the first one you sent me, I can't wait to read it!

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yep, I'll be grubbin for whatever I can find. I'll definitely do a lot of diving with Scott at Jupiter, but me and the gang have a few Fisher leases too, so we'll be hunting the 1715 areas as well. Should be a great summer!

Good luck in the warmer waters...the sharks aren't as fun as the ones you have, but you'll get by. ;) I expect to hear some reports from your ventures as well, and you're still welcome to come dive the treasure coast with us sometime.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Oh, I've used many a Whites on land, I know they are great detectors. BUT...somehow White's really missed the shipwreck hunting community...I talked to guys from Texas, archies, TH'ers, Florida, Belize...pretty much all of them told me the ONE detector to buy was the Pulse 8X. Then I met Robert who was singing and dancing about his Garrett, it did the job as good if not better than the 8X's....for less money. The only person who has ever recommended a White's to me was a guy who only sold Whites Detectors. Several of the others dealt in Whites, Minelab, JW Fishers, and others, but all steered my to the 8X (these were retailers, so retail price undoubtably played a role in that).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if we posted a thread on Shipwrecks or Cobs called "What Detector" I'm afraid Whites would get the least number of votes from Shipwreck hunters. No reason why, but most guys buy on "expert opinions"...so most get an 8X or a Minelab. Plenty of other good ones...but after asking all the opinions, those were the two I was left with.

Send this to your buddies at Whites, maybe they can fix it...if they sent me a free Surfmaster PI, I'd promise to find treasure with it and say really nice things about it. :D

Jason
PS - You have my shipping address. :D

Relic_hunter1557

Feb 15, 2007
What is your second book about? Just by reading all of your posts i already know that i can't wait for it to come out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread